Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dishes

Regimen: Is it supposed to help razor bumps/

Does anyone know? I can''t notice a difference on my neck, might even seem to irritate it a little more. But then again, maybe they just keep coming back from shaving every day ( hint shaving video neeeded ). -They aren't pimples, just razor bumps in that area of the neck thats hard to get any way-

Guest Marino

Are you african?

Many negro people get shaving bumps/ingrown hair which can be treated easily with certain topicals. See your doctor for advice.

I think it works for non-black people as well, if its the same problem.

I'm not sure as to what affect BP would have, i doubt it considering its not acne.

Take care

Are you african?

Many negro people get shaving bumps/ingrown hair which can be treated easily with certain topicals. See your doctor for advice.

I think it works for non-black people as well, if its the same problem.

I'm not sure as to what affect BP would have, i doubt it considering its not acne.

Take care

Guest Marino

If it is similar to what black people get, then perhaps it is ingrown hair which means you can get similar results with "bump stopers" which are designed specifically to get rid of ingrown hair for blacks.

See you doctor, he can make a proper diagnosis, if its ingorwn hair it can treated much easily.

If its acne, the regime will clean it up for you, just dont be as agressive with shaving as it may agrivate it now.

Shave only down and perhaps only once on each area of skin very gently and slowly, or use an electric shaver till the regime has kicked in.

Good luck!

Doctors diagnose ingrown airs? Never heard of that, but whatever. Yeah maybe going to a doc ain’t a bad idea tongue.gif

Ingrown hair: cutting the hair too close or below the skin might cause it to grown in to the skin instead of outwards causing inflammation, hence a bump. Is not that hard for the ingrown hair since after shaving your face is slightly swollen and irritated. Or something like that.

Is this what you have?

There could be other types of bumps, but I’m no expert to speak on that.

I’m part black and I get ingrown hairs, bumps and irritation if I shave, so I stopped and in the meantime I’m using clippers to give a trim since I don’t care and don’t have a job right now. And acne in my beard area is not an issue for me, because I only have acne on my forehead.

People speak of better shavers, razors, shaving methods, pre-shave, after shave and treatments for ingrown airs and bumps but I don’t know much about that.

If you’re into electric shavers you might wanna check out this forum:

http://jimelliott.suddenlaunch2.com/ (You’ll find some info on bumps and treatments)

Don’t know of any general shaving forums or something like that.

You’ll also find some shaving tips right here on this forum.

Don’t know to what extent shaving and bump treatments might conflict with your acne treatment, or vice versa.

I think until you find the answer by yourself, form somewhere, or someone, it’s all gonna be trial and error.