Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touch_Yourself

How many people use cloths to wash their faces?

I used to use a cloth to wash my face, without realizing that it made my acne worse.For one thing, a cloth contains alot of bacteria over long periods of use, even if you wash it everyday with soap.Secondly, scrubbing with a cloth irritates the acne, which in turn, causes more red marks.

So instead of using a cloth, It's a good idea to use a paper towel or even folded toilet paper to dry your face.The advantage of this is that you can throw it away after one use, and theres a less likely chance of being in contact with bacteria.

Don't use a washcloth, use your hands. Wash them with antibacterial soap then apply your cleanser to your face, rub it gently with your fingers and splash off with water using your hands. Only use a towel to gently pat your face dry. Wash clothes can aggravate your skin.

I have always used my hands to wash my face~i always felt i got a better cleanse that way. I also don't use a towel or any cloth to dry my face. I buy the extra thick/soft Bounty paper towels and keep that under the sink and use them to dry off my face. They don't irritate my skin and I find it helps a bit b/c I am using a fairly bacteria-free disposable towel to dry off with. HTH

B

Guest Marino

I never use the cloth to wash my face,

i feel like i'm re putting the bacteria on my face if i do,

but that doesn't explain why i dry my face with a towel confused.gif