Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touch_Yourself

Hard time getting a job because of acne?

Do any of you feel like you have a hard time getting a job, because you feel that the person is judging you based on your appearence rather than your abilities? Well, I do.

I seem to have a hard time just getting through interviews.I feel like they're passing judgement on me the second I step into the room.I want to hear your responses about this subject.

most places dont give a fuck, however some friends that work at an audi dealership, said they put all the fat people hidden upstairs, i mean i dont know if it would be the same with acne but ya.

I've had acne and scarring for a long time and never found this to be a problem in getting hired. I've worked the front in donut and sandwich shops, waitressed in "gentlemen's clubs," and diners and cantinas, in a video arcade, arts and crafts store sales, mini mart, custom truck detailing, construction, in HR, admin assistant for attorneys... now I'm a teacher. I've often sat at front desks, etc., and not been a hidden employee. I think you have to not think about acne and other miserable shite when you go for a job interview. It really is true that if you have confidence in yourself, that's all anyone worth knowing, or working for, needs to see... anything else: great hair, pretty smile, clear skin, (nice ass) etc., on an employee is just a perk. lol.gif

When it comes to this disease, I have the worst I'm afaird. Why you ask ?

Cause I'm trying to be an actor. I'll let you do the math.

I just had an interview 3 days ago.. 45 people applied for the job and I was one of the 5 who got it. Just smile the whole time, give eye contact and relax.

Yes, if you act insecure and unconfident, you probably won't get the job. Instead focus your attention on your abilities, knowledge, etc.

Guest doremi

Unless you're applying to be in the Oil of Olay or Neutrogena model, acne/acne scars don't matter at all if you're applying for a job. Your education and work experience matters more.

Speaking from experience.

Guest doremi
I sweat in my interviews because they stare right at your face.

Guest doremi
Acne is irrelevant for a job, unless you're planning to work for Abercrombie & Fitch.  razz.gif

Unless you're applying to be in the Oil of Olay or Neutrogena model, acne/acne scars don't matter at all if you're applying for a job. Your education and work experience matters more.

Speaking from experience.

I worry about the same thing. I'm going for marketing and I don't want my scarring to get in the way of getting a job. I fear that it will. Not only does it hurt my confidence but it also doesn't help much in the interview process.

When it comes to this disease, I have the worst I'm afaird. Why you ask ?

Cause I'm trying to be an actor. I'll let you do the math.

Guest >:(

I went from a happy and successful oil tycoon to a recluse who has nothing in three weeks because the men kept making fun of my zits!

QUOTE(>:( @ Aug 31 2005, 11:21 AM)
I went from a happy and successful oil tycoon to a recluse who has nothing in three weeks because the men kept making fun of my zits!

this is a joke right? confused.gif

My last job my boss (female) also had bad acne scarring. If anything it helped me get the job because she obviously seen that we had something in common. I never ever brought it up or discussed if she had attempted to get any procedures. I am sure she has. She was the head of the accounting department. Sad I'm not at that job though. Too much office politics there anyway. THere have been other jobs where cooworkers had acne scarring. Ya gotta work, gotta eat so just accept yourself and get out there. I guess that's my message

Do any of you feel like you have a hard time getting a job, because you feel that the person is judging you based on your appearence rather than your abilities? Well, I do.

I seem to have a hard time just getting through interviews.I feel like they're passing judgement on me the second I step into the room.I want to hear your responses about this subject.