Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Marino

Just had my TCA peel

Guest Marino

Hey guys,

I just got back from my TCA peel,

It stung pretty bad and i frosted up like a motherfucker,

and now everythings cooled down and tightened up.

Any advice or support would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Marino

Thanks pal,

I only got it for some left over redmarks, sorry for putting it in the scar forum,

although i do have 1 indented mark and 1 old chicken pox scar from ages.

Some people use 30 percent for cross and get results, i'll see what affect it has on them,

but i'm doing it mostly for redmarks.

I'll be sure to post back my results.

Thanks

Guest Marino
Hey Marino, good luck w/ the results. What was the % by the way?

Hey guys,

I just got back from my TCA peel,

It stung pretty bad and i frosted up like a motherfucker,

and now everythings cooled down and tightened up.

Any advice or support would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Marino
How much did they charge you.  Good luck with the healing.

Make sure to keep it moist, Marino. And don't pick at the peeling skin AT ALL. Just let it fall off on its own. Good luck to you!

Guest Marino
Make sure to keep it moist, Marino.  And don't pick at the peeling skin AT ALL.  Just let it fall off on its own.  Good luck to you!

WTF? Your doctor said to keep it more dry than moist? No, no, no!! He's wrong! You must keep it moist. And it's really not that bad. I even went to work with my face all ugly and red an peeling! LOL!! Wanna see a pic of it?

Guest Marino
WTF?  Your doctor said to keep it more dry than moist?   No, no, no!!   He's wrong!  You must keep it moist.  And it's really not that bad.  I even went to work with my face all ugly and red an peeling!  LOL!!   Wanna see a pic of it?

What did yours look like? I was expecting a bit more than this, how long did it take for you to peel?

Can you PM me the photo?

Hi Marino,

How’s the peeling going? I’m considering a TCA 35% too. Did the AU$200 you paid include some kind of sedation because places seem to charge heaps more for that reason. I have a bit of a worry being olive skin too and hope it all works out well for you. I noticed the doc at the cosmetic surgery place you went to does exoderm and he’s seems to be the only one in Australia as far as I can tell.

* Also can anyone please tell me if a TCA 35% full face peel really does improve fine lines? I know they say it does but does it really, because they say jessners, microderm etc improve fine lines but they didn’t for me and my lines are genuinely fine! If it does then I’d really feel like it’s doing something.

Do you need a referral from a doctor to see him ?

And also just wondering why you didn't try it yourself at home first using TCA complex ???

Guest Marino

Thanks Ness,

I just peeled the last part off this morning,

same results last time i did peels, i got like 10-15 percent reduction in the pigmentation doubt.gif .

I thought uping the strength would mean i only have to do one or two but looks like i'm gonna have to do 6 if i want results like last time eusa_doh.gif

Its cheaper for me to get 5 IPL's instead, plus ill get similar if not better results since it concentrates/attracts to redness.

Look like thats what i'm gonna do for next 2 months,

i had em before and theres pretty much no down time so i dont have to take time off school/work which is good.

I'll keep results posted, looks like i'm gonna have to put up wth this shit till the middle of october.

I guess it'll be worth it.

of course it'll be worth it. eusa_angel.gif think of it this way, by the time summer and christmas get here you'll be ready to go out and booze it up wid the boys well and truely. razz.gif

Guest Marino
of course it'll be worth it.  eusa_angel.gif think of it this way, by the time summer and christmas get here you'll be ready to go out and booze it up wid the boys well and truely.  razz.gif

Guest Marino

Oh yea, i forgot.

Pretty much if your gonna do a TCA peel, listen up from some one whos got the been there dont that thing happening:

1] Whats it like:

The practioner applies it a paper thingy and just rubs it all over your face for 15 minutes.

It burns towards the end, so dont worry to much.

Straight after, depending on weather or not its self neatraluizing, your face will either be washed or simply have an ice pack put on it.

The burning goes away after half and hour.

Straight after your peel, you "frost" meaning you look like you put white powder on your face, this goes away anywhere between 15 minutes to an hour.

You face will then develope a burned look, your face should be red, brown and orangy depending on your skin type.

Dont worry about it, your skin will also look like leather/plastic.

In 3-4 days you skin will show signs of peeling.

DONT TOUCH THE PEELING, LET IT COME OFF ITSELF.

Otherwise you could prevent your skin form healing

2]Tips a] Avoid getting TCA around your lips, chin.

This is because that area becomes VERY dry and makes speaking/eating very hard.

All the movement there makes it crack early meaning your chances of pigmentation are higher.

Thank fully, myn didn't pigment evan though it came off first day of peeling.

If you do plan on treating that area, remeber to organise and prepare for it well.

You need to:

-Talk as little as possible

-Drink everything outa of a straw [i know it sounds gay, but i'm being serious]

B] After the first 12 hours, make sure you wash your face very gently with a light cleanser, and apply vaseline on to it.

Vaseline is essential from now on, never let your face dry up, you have to keep it moist to stop your skin from prematuraly peeling [which can lead to pigmentation problems].

c] STAY OUT OF THE SUN!!! This is important for the first week especially, please stay at home and avoid coming out or seeing daylight.

This will fuck up your vulnerable skin.

My first peel at the started of the year gave me an interesting brown mark above my mout, this was from not staying out of the sun after my peel.

Thankfully its faded away over the past few months, however this is rarely the case.

Also 1 week after your peel, continue to avoid the sun as much as possible and:

-Wear a hat

-Put on sunblock

-Try and stay in the shafe as much as possible

3] Personally, i'd take 7-8 days off work/class or whateva you do. After the burning feeling stops, your skin will feel fne but only look fucked. Dont let this fool you because your skin will feel VERY uncomfrtable when it begins to peel.

Also, its a bitch explaining to eveyone why you look like you just crawled out of terrorist attack and peeled skin hanging on your face is= eusa_hand.gif

4] What to expect after: You skin should either be back to its natural colour, if not it may be either:

-Light pink

-Red/dark pink

-Brown

After doing research, light pink is nothing, it will subside back its normal colour any where between 1-4 weeks. Mostly with in 2-3 weeks for most people with stronger skin.

Dark pink or red may be permanent, this could also turn to brown. This is pigmentation problems caused by:

-Sun contact during/after the peel

-Prematurley peeling off your skin [both tensional and intennsional]

-Harsh treatment of your skin [example; exfoliating to early, scrubing during ehaling time ect]

-Weren't a suitable candidate to being with [for example; dark people]

Hope this helps, also for guys, dont shave for the first week of the peel.

If you must, use an elctric shaver.

Hope this shit helps!

Marino- you say you've done the peel before?

Why did you need to get another series of peels done?

Did you end up getting more scaring or do the scars just eventually come back?

Guest Marino

Na,

I haven't gotten over acne yet,

i have to use a topical retinoid to supress it.

It takes me about 3 months for Isotrex [my topical] to get rid of acne.

I cant do scar treatments while i'm on the topical though.

So i have to come off it.

The thing that sucks, is i didn't know how long i could come off it while i was experimenting with peels/micro/IPL.

After 3 and a half months of having scar treatments without my topical, my acne returned.

It gave me all new redmarks to deal with, completely ruined all the progress i made.

This is why i have to the process all over again [take the topical for 3 months to get clear, take it one more month, then come off it for no more than 2 months, go back on the topical to prevent any further breakouts].

This time i thought i could turn 4 months of scar treatment into 2 months using higher strength TCA.

This isn't the case, I'm just going to have to pay the extra money and get the IPL treatments which worked pretty well last time.

I didn't want to do them cause they need multiple treatments and cost a fortune, though i'm willing to pay anything.

LOL, i know its hard to explain, but long story short, i broke out after my last scar treatments and i'm back to square one.

This time, i got do it quikcer so i can go back on my topical and prevent the breakout.

Oh i see.

That will probably happen to me too when I get my treatment done..whatever i get done.

I dont think i'll ever stop breaking out but I atleast want to get rid of the scars for awhile. razz.gif

Guest Marino
Oh i see.

That will probably happen to me too when I get my treatment done..whatever i get done.

I dont think i'll ever stop breaking out but I atleast want to get rid of the scars for awhile. razz.gif