Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tripoli

My Accutane Logs :: Finally I this Cures it :)

Hey Everyone:

Though i've known about this site and read posts. this is the first time i've registered so i'm partly new to posting wink.gif Well. obviously i'm here for a reason, because I have acne just as most of you guys do. I'm Male 17 and a student currenlty attending highschool. I've had acne for a while now. since I was 14. though back then it wasn't really bad just zits. but it was foreshadowing (giving insight) of what was to come wink.gif...Most what I tried to keep those zits under control are what most people who have little zits. topical stuff. cleansers etc.

But then at 15. that all changed...it became moderate/severe acne. cysts and big bumps and obviously that sucked so bad! Because you wouldn't want to meet new friends or girls. you feel that people feel bad for you etc. the whole depression thing which is totally shit... I want to see a derm after i had enough of that shit. and he first prescribed Accutane because the acne looked bad. but i wasn't really ready for it. so he decided to put me on tetracycline and some vitmain A creams etc. I've used it ever since for 2 years until now. My experience was it that it got better and better. first started with just 500mg a day (two pills) then went up to 1000mg (4 pills, 2 in the moring two a night).

basically it got to the point where my face mostly all cleared. some scars. but because there were no breakouts.. sometimes small zits, but i was happy. It begain to look all smooth. and my confidence begain to come back. I want to my derm again he saw my face and was pleased so he said i would put u back on 500 mg, i took it. and for some reason the acne came back!!! eusa_wall.gif He then put be back on 1000mn for 3 months but it didn't do anything lol evil.gif Like it helped to clear. but nothing much. and my acne returned, i had cysts...Though the acne I have now is not as bad as before the tetracycline..but still bad.

So now i went to him. he said let's go on accutane. he gave me the book and told me to go and get a blood test. I read the book and got a blood test 2 weeks ago

I went to him today and got Accutane, smile.gif, I just started today and took my first pill..

My doctor put me on 40mg, I took my first pill, obviously nothing yet. put will keep you updated...

Thanks smile.gif Sorry for the long long story wink.gif I will keep you posted

Second Day:

Woke up today, washed my face (still no dryness yet, but obviously way too soon) But for some reason. last night I was almost feeling like my lips begain to dry..maybe i was parnoid or something, but I was thinking that was too soon, so i just applied a little lip chap

Nothing so far in improvement...going to take my second pill at around 8:00 PM EST

Will keep you posted smile.gif

Hey tripoli, your story is exactly like mine, except I get non-cystic acne but it is really persistent. I just started this last saturday also. You should post this story on a topic I started in prescription meds, its called "who has starting accutane or is going to between 8/15-8/30" . We have a big group of people and we already have 3 17 year old males including myself and it would be nice to have another. We are doing that so we can help eachother along the journey with any advice we have. Hope to see ya on there and good luck with your journey!

I wish they would make a magic pill and jsut have to take this stuff for like a month... because 6 months is going to be killllllller....

Good luck man

Hey tripoli, your story is exactly like mine, except I get non-cystic acne but it is really persistent.  I just started this last saturday also.  You should post this story on a topic I started in prescription meds, its called "who has starting accutane or is going to between 8/15-8/30" .  We have a big group of people and we already have 3 17 year old males including myself and it would be nice to have another.  We are doing that so we can help eachother along the journey with any advice we have.  Hope to see ya on there and good luck with your journey!

Well it's my second day, I took another pill, after scrambiling on what to eat...so I just had some fruits and juice, and took my second pill...So far so good. no real side effects or nothing..

though, not sure if it's just normal or the accutane but my skin is feeling less oiler than usual..it's not to the point of dry or flaking..but at prefect harmony..smile.gif

I have a few questions if I may ask...

First, how much do you really need to eat...see I take one pill of 40MG a day, just started so, at around 8:00 EST..my pharmacist told me to always take it at around the same time everyday..but the thing is that sometimes i'm already full ...or not sure what to eat..just wondering if like an apple, a banna, and juice or bread or something counts as a meal or should i eat more...like pasta etc.?

Second question is this...when this big "breakout" happens...does it only happen once while on Accutane..or does keep expecting going from month to month till the end of the treatment cause that would suck... confused.gif If it happens more than once..is it less everytime it happens...?

And I know it's going to be impossible to basically stop this breakout eusa_hand.gif But when it does happen or before it..is there a way to make it less visible or not as bad by using a cleanser...

Thanks smile.gif

It sounds like you're a pretty healthy eater, but you should try taking the pill with fatty foods because it helps with absorbtion. Since you're only taking 40mg, I think you should try to get as much out of it as you can razz.gif I don't know how much food you should take it with, but at least try a glass of milk if all you're having is fruit or something.

Maybe I was lucky, but my initial "breakout" was pretty mild: just redness and a sandpapery texture, but it came and went within the first week. Although many people's acne fluctuates during their course, you should only have one initial breakout because you're introducing your body to the 'tane. The only advice I can give is to use Cetaphil or something gentle to wash your face so you don't aggrivate your skin during the breakout. Maybe other people can be more helpful...

BTW, like aceanderson, your acne and experience sounds a lot like mine. The difference is that I waited until I was 21 to go on accutane and I've paid for it big time doubt.gif I'm glad to hear that you're fighting it early. 'Tane has been miraculous for me so far, so good luck to you. eusa_whistle.gif

Thanks for the advice greenhands, I don't always eat all healthly food...i'm also a fan of junk food too wink.gif. Personally I like fruits and juice..because of thier sweetness...and also since I grew up in the Mediterranean..and fruits there are so good..smile.gif

But lately..i'm trying to avoid alot of these foods to stay healthy..and workout..hoping maybe it will help in alteast not making the acne worse...since alot of healthly foods as we know contain Vitamins and Minerals that help to improve acne....since it's my senior year of highschool and all...I don't want it to be an acne memory wink.gif

Also..i will take milk today before it and maybe eat a sandwich...still not use too taking Milk, because of tetracycline wink.gif..but this is good with accutane..cause your suppose to take the pill during a meal or after which is awesome eusa_dance.gif

Thanks guys..

Today is my third day...my face is actually looking abit better...the pimples aren't as red...and I had a cyst on my check and today it's flat! but that's also because i picked it yestarday wink.gif (couldn't stand too)...Also another thing i noticed was that my face is actually not oily anymore..not dry..but when I touch it. its basically smooth for the area's with no acne...no dryness in my lips so far..so it's all good biggrin.gif

Hope my breakout doesn't come the day I go back to school cause that would suck!

Fourth Day:

I woke up today, washed my face used Spectro Jel (which also helps too) and looked in the mirror for improvements. So far so good..no breakouts or pimples...My face is looking a bit better..not like a drastic improvement...but pretty good. Today I think I might be experiening the dryness on my lip and nose area..it's not bad...so I don't have to use a lip balm or moisturizer, but it might get bad..

I am also feeling a bit discomfort in under my nose and near it and above my lip area...going to be taking my fourth Pill later on tonight after I eat something... I took some advice for taking lots of water yestarday so it might have helped as well..but I was going to the bathroom and pissing more offten..and the piss color is light...I may have drunk too much water..today i backed off it a little and i'm fine again eusa_dance.gif

I will keep you posted everyone smile.gif

Fourth Day:

I woke up today, washed my face used Spectro Jel (which also helps too) and looked in the mirror for improvements. So far so good..no breakouts or pimples...My face is looking a bit better..not like a drastic improvement...but pretty good. Today I think I might be experiening the dryness on my lip and nose area..it's not bad...so I don't have to use a lip balm or moisturizer, but it might get bad..

I am also feeling a bit discomfort in under my nose and near it and above my lip area...going to be taking my fourth Pill later on tonight after I eat something... I took some advice for taking lots of water yestarday so it might have helped as well..but I was going to the bathroom and pissing more offten..and the piss color is light...I may have drunk too much water..today i backed off it a little and i'm fine again  eusa_dance.gif

I will keep you posted everyone smile.gif

Seventh Day

I woke up today, washed my face, looked in the mirror and I'm pleased to say that for me atleast it seems to be getter better everyday smile.gif..though I guess it might be way too soon to say...but even my mom said it looks better as well as my old brother...and I think so too. Though on day 5 sort of broke out with little zits around my nose and chin and little check area...and a little on my back.. Now..the issue is i don't know if that was the inital break out..because it wasn't that bad on my face.

I thought maybe because now (since starting accutane) i've been using Spectro Gel (Cleanser) that it may have reduced the severity of the breakout...but who knows? Because my back breakout was not the same as the zits on my face. On my back I had cysts. but on my face it was just zits!.

But now there all gone and my face is getting better smile.gif I've also experienced dryness on my face and my lips (mostly on the top part) are dry. So far so good, I hope that what I got was the last breakout smile.gif

Will keep you posted biggrin.gif

hey u started about the same day as me, i'm on day 7 rite now also...i'm glad ur not breaking out as much as i am, whats your dosage? mine's pretty high thats why, but keep me posted. GOOD LUCK!

hey tripoli, i believe I am on day 9, and things look ALOT better now than they did before I started. Until yesterday, my face was almost completely clear..it was awesome. I never really updated at all because I didnt want to jinx myself. But for some reason, I broke out, not horribly or anything, a pretty mild one, with a bunch of whiteheads, maybe 7-8, but most of em are smaller. Although I did end up popping a few (was really late at night and my will power was low...I really wish I wouldnt have..) But I just thought I would let you know that so you can relate it to your own story. But I am also taking cephalexin, which is an antibiotic, so that is probably what is helping me so much right now. I remember one girl that took it and cleared up completely in 10 days from it so who knows. I was also lacking on my water intake so that might have contributed. I look forward to hearing your progress and wish ya good luck.

hey tripoli, i believe I am on day 9, and things look ALOT better now than they did before I started.  Until yesterday, my face was almost completely clear..it was awesome.  I never really updated at all because I didnt want to jinx myself.  But for some reason, I broke out, not horribly or anything, a pretty mild one, with a bunch of whiteheads, maybe 7-8, but most of em are smaller.  Although I did end up popping a few (was really late at night and my will power was low...I really wish I wouldnt have..)  But I just thought I would let you know that so you can relate it to your own story.  But I am also taking cephalexin, which is an antibiotic, so that is probably what is helping me so much right now.  I remember one girl that took it and cleared up completely in 10 days from it so who knows.  I was also lacking on my water intake so that might have contributed.  I look forward to hearing your progress and wish ya good luck.

I have come back,:):) Sorry I haven't responded in quite a while..here is what I have to say...

During the first week on Accutane my skin got amazing...totally cleared up. Then i got my intial breakout, and everything has been down hill from then....

I got a bad breakout at the beginning, then it cleared, and till now Nov 2. 2005 i still get some breakouts and even cysts. I've been on accutane now for 66 Days so roughly 2 months, I still have 3 months to go I believe....My dosage is uped from 40mg to now 80mg a day, 2 pills together:

I have a few questions, when should I except to see a really good clearing? Also, I only take acctuane with a big cup of milk, i really unsure what to eat.., does that effect it. cause on the label it says "Take with Food or Milk" when i started taking acctuane i was eating food with it. now i just don't find the time...so i always take it with milk.... I was hoping that by the end of the second month starting the third i would see dramatic improvement, but i still breakout with cysts!!!!!

Help...:(

ye my doc told me from the 3rd month and onwards things should start to gradually improve

taking your pill with food helps it get absorbed better...they say take with high fat foods but as loong as its with a decent meal it shouldn't matter....keep going with the milk but try have some food with it as well

hang in there seems you've overcome the worst part...things should be uphill from here

g'luck