on a daily basis:

1.5g - Ester C

400IU - Vitamin E

50mg - Zinc

525mg - Milk Thistle

3g - Flaxseed Oil

3g - Fish Oil

75mg - Aloe vera

anything im missing?? (besides vitamin a)

It is important for boosting the immune system, and has some antioxidant capacities, helping to destroy surplus free radicals.

got that from the FAQ in the sticky.

to be honest with u all, ive been taking vitamins for 3+ years and havent really noticed any significant difference in my skin. maybe its just keeping my acne in check by not making it any better nor worst. iono maybe im taking the wrong kinds? someone help me out. keep in mind, im also taking vitamins for its benefits for the whole body.

Zinc, especially in the form of zinc gluconate or zinc sulfate, can help prevent acne. Zinc helps heal blemishes, reduces inflammation, and reduces androgenic hormonal effects on the skin. Begin by increasing food sources of zinc. Two studies comparing zinc to the antibiotic tetracycline found zinc to be as effective as tetracycline. Another study found a mild yet definite effect of zinc...

Zinc, especially in the form of zinc gluconate or zinc sulfate, can help prevent acne. Zinc helps heal blemishes, reduces inflammation, and reduces androgenic hormonal effects on the skin.

on a daily basis:

1.5g - Ester C

400IU - Vitamin E

50mg - Zinc

Lose the "Ester C", which is a rip-off. Just use any cheap ascorbic acid from a supermarket.

I'd also recommend that you reduce the amount of zinc. Maybe at least cut that dose in half.

anything im missing?? (besides vitamin a)

Vitamins B&C. Also try drinking green tea, it's full of antioxidents. My skin looks great and I feel great since I started drinking it every day.

Bryan, here are some links with information regarding this...

http://www.acne-resource.org/acne-articles...ent-intake.html

http://www.unhinderedliving.com/zinc.html

http://www.internethealthlibrary.com/Healt...estyle.htm#Zinc

And on this site they recomend to take 60 - 90 mg of zinc daily

...Take 60 to 90 mg of zinc each day to improve acne... If taking extra zinc, add 1 to 2 mg each day of copper to avoid a copper deficiency

Ester-C is not a rip off...it is buffered so the acid is balanced and it doesn't upset your stomach (if you have ever taken a bunch--4000mg or more-- of regular vita C it causes bad gas)...

I decided this "Ester-C" issue was important enough that I better go find an example of what I was talking about above. Here's a past post from Dr. Steven B. Harris, who is well-known as a doctor, a gerentologist, and a life-extension researcher. He has a long history of posting on various science-oriented Usenet newsgroups, including sci.med.nutrition, sci.life-extension, and others. See what he has to say about "Ester-C":

Subject: Re: ester c: better or worse?

Date: 23 May 1995

Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative

In <[email protected]> [email protected] (Haoma) writes:

>It is our belief, based on personal experience, that ester c is not as

>effective as pure vitamin c.

>

>Ester c is produced by decomposing part of the vitamin c molecule by

>heating it. This saves the manufacturer money since they don't have to

>remove solvents at a low temperature.

>

>We asked a large supplier what he thought about it and he not only agreed

>with us, but said that he thought that ester c was a hoax and a rip off.

>

>Anyone else have any comments or information to add?

That's pretty much my feeling as well. Incredible that somebody can bottle oxidized vitamin C, call it something it isn't (no ester is present) and sell the stuff at double the price. There's a sucker born every minute.

Steve Harris, M.D.