Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ireallyneedtoknow

The cutest guys in highschool...

after lurking around for a while, i finally decided to post.

I remember in highschool, which is like 10 years ago, the two hottest guys in school that every

girl wanted had acne. I'm not talking about minor acne, they had moderate to severe acne that covered most of their face. The weird thing is both of them had that kind of acne. Yet they could have any girl they wanted and were assholes in the bargain because they were popular. In other words, they were just like popular ppl without acne!

Now, i'm not exaggerating the extent of their acne because since they were such assholes, there were alot of ppl who did not like them, esp the unpopular/nerdy kids. And one of the things these two were called behind their back in hush hush whispers were pizzaface. But pizzaface or not, these two were popular and were surrounded by girls.

Granted they were guys, and the popular girls in my school all actually did have perfect skin.

after lurking around for a while, i finally decided to post.

I remember in highschool, which is like 10 years ago, the two hottest guys in school that every

girl wanted had acne. I'm not talking about minor acne, they had moderate to severe acne that covered most of their face. The weird thing is both of them had that kind of acne. Yet they could have any girl they wanted and were assholes in the bargain because they were popular. In other words, they were just like popular ppl without acne!

Now, i'm not exaggerating the extent of their acne because since they were such assholes, there were alot of ppl who did not like them, esp the unpopular/nerdy kids. And one of the things these two were called behind their back in hush hush whispers were pizzaface. But pizzaface or not, these two were popular and were surrounded by girls.

Granted they were guys, and the popular girls in my school all actually did have perfect skin.

young girls love the "BAD BOY" persona, the risk takers, the rebels.. yadda yadda yadda. The "unique" guy is what a girl likes not the "average" guy. Even if they are assholes as you say they possess something that these girls find attractive.

Knowing that at an early age (being unique) i beat a lot of the competition when it came to getting the girl. Then acne came and ninja.gif

i guess the point of my story is that those two guys had handsome features, and that with or without acne, they were considered "hot"

So does that mean for guys at least, acne really does not have that much of an impact on a person's looks or social life?

Even for women, it's well known that Elizabeth Hurley (the spokeswoman for estee lauder no less) has very obvious and moderate acne scarring. Cameron Diaz has active acne in addition to rosacea (worse than acne imo) and probably scarring as well. And both of these woman are models because they have great features and greate bodies.

Knowing that at an early age (being unique) i beat a lot of the competition when it came to getting the girl. Then acne came and  ninja.gif

If you can't make your face perfect like me then take a look at what else you have and make it better. Body - Workout , Mind - Study, Be Knowledgeable in many areas (makes great conversations), Nice white teeth (a smile makes a whole lot of difference), dress sharp, be charming and confident, etc.

You get the idea. If people see the other qualities you possess, then acne isn't a factor. that's my II cents

Knowing that at an early age (being unique) i beat a lot of the competition when it came to getting the girl. Then acne came and  ninja.gif

sad.gif Good luck w/ beating the acne.

If you can't make your face perfect like me then take a look at what else you have and make it better. Body - Workout , Mind - Study, Be Knowledgeable in many areas (makes great conversations), Nice white teeth (a smile makes a whole lot of difference), dress sharp, be charming and confident, etc. 

You get the idea. If people see the other qualities you possess, then acne isn't a factor. that's my II cents

yes. I guess that covers it. But the point i'm trying to get at is

in the case of moderate acne, does it really decrease from a guy's looks?

Those two guys in my highschool seem to exemplify a resounding no

well personally I'm attracted to confidence in guys so if those guys were confident maybe that's what attracted those girls. But some people, myself included, have a difficult time being confident while having acne.

You know I really want to believe this and the fact that this is true gives me some hope (pleeease! eusa_pray.gif )

but to behonest I've never seen a severe guy have a girlfriend... Maybe, just maybe I can break that trend!

That's interesting.. Confidence does rule appearance sometimes. I happened to be attracted to someone who had acne once. It wasn't real bad, but he had some scars & pimples here & there & they were noticable.. But what I really like was that he was happy & he was funny & I was attracted to that.. Now if only we could be that confident..

This shit was 10yrs ago, High School has changed. The hottest guys now, wear Abercrombie and aren't badasses, better yet: pussies.

Just a clarification on the original post:

the 2 guys did not have cystic acne. They had the red inflamed bumps, and it covered most of their cheeks. So I classified it moderate to the lower end of severe due to the amount of active acne. Judging by the gallery on this site, they had more acne than alot of the ppl who are on accutane on this site.

One of the guys was very active in the school plays and both guys were sleaze bag players. As you can tell I have no great love for these 2. Their facial features were very handsome and the acne couldn't really cover it up.

You know I really want to believe this and the fact that this is true gives me some hope (pleeease!  eusa_pray.gif )

but to behonest I've never seen a severe guy have a girlfriend... Maybe, just maybe I can break that trend!

That's interesting.. Confidence does rule appearance sometimes. I happened to be attracted to someone who had acne once. It wasn't real bad, but he had some scars & pimples here & there & they were noticable.. But what I really like was that he was happy & he was funny & I was attracted to that.. Now if only we could be that confident..

I can remember when I was in high school I was constantly getting hit on by the girls. It got to the point of being annoying. I even had to bring a stick to school to try and scare them off with it. When they tried to rush towards me out came my stick and I would make a poking action to try and frighten them off. Sometimes I had to make a growl sound or something to fend them off. It worked most of the time thankfully. Otherwise I would have gotten no school work done.

I can remember when I was in high school I was constantly getting hit on by the girls. It got to the point of being annoying. I even had to bring a stick to school to try and scare them off with it. When they tried to rush towards me out came my stick and I would make a poking action to try and frighten them off. Sometimes I had to make a growl sound or something to fend them off.  It worked most of the time thankfully. Otherwise I would have gotten no school work done.

No I'm dead serious. The teacher's told me you can't carry that stick around in school but when I explained that I was getting attacked by women, they let me keep my stick. And thank the sweet baby jesus for that because they were getting scary.

I can remember when I was in high school I was constantly getting hit on by the girls. It got to the point of being annoying. I even had to bring a stick to school to try and scare them off with it. When they tried to rush towards me out came my stick and I would make a poking action to try and frighten them off. Sometimes I had to make a growl sound or something to fend them off.  It worked most of the time thankfully. Otherwise I would have gotten no school work done.

You're kidding me, right???

No males with severe acne in my school were ever regarded as 'hot', although a few of the popular ones had minor acne.

I remember a new lad joined our school in the final year, when this happens all the girls obviously want to see what he looks like etc. Well I remember hearing these two girls talking about him, and one said "so what do you think of him then?" the other replied, "Eww, his face is covered in afterbirth". Obviously she was referring to his severe acne.