Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

High I currently am on a benzoyl peroxide 5% topical lotion and wash. Sometimes in the morning my skin feels dried out and looks irritated. I think i was to get a moisterizer but my doctor (non-dermatologist) never said anything about using one. Does anyone recommend this?

You might want to rethink using both a bp wash AND gel, that sounds harsh to your skin, especially at 5%. Definitly use a moisturizer, any kind that says non-comogenic (however you spell it) and oil free.

You might want to rethink using both a bp wash AND gel, that sounds harsh to your skin, especially at 5%.  Definitly use a moisturizer, any kind that says non-comogenic (however you spell it) and oil free.

aloe vera is very good in any moisterizer. just go to a store that sells beauty products (walmart, walgreens, gnc, etc) and look on their shelves. look for some kind of moisterizer with aloe and Vit E. those 2 are the most important.

if ur skin is very oily like mine, bp doesn't seem to dry it out a lot. it helps reduce the oil very well, but it doesn't dry out my skin

I personally recommend Cetaphil because it sounds like your skin is already getting weathered by 5% bp, and eucerin might sting you a bit. I've never used it, though, but that's what I've heard about it.

Whatever you chose to get, make sure it has SPF in it.

I personally recommend Cetaphil because it sounds like your skin is already getting weathered by 5% bp, and eucerin might sting you a bit. I've never used it, though, but that's what I've heard about it.

Has anyone had any results using Playtex Baby Magic Nourishing Baby Lotion on thier face? it contains Aloe, Vitamins A,B,D & E. it's also hypoallergenic.

I just put some on my face about 20 mins ago due to my skin getting really dry.. It really moisted the skin with a slight stringing the first min.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, available at department stores, its the moisturizer equivalent to a caviar and lobster dinner lol (its a fine product)

even though tea tree oil is an oil, it should not clog your pores or make you break out; in fact, i find it dries my skin out a bit. i know most of us have learned to fear any oil in products and for the most part this is justified because mineral oils etc. can cause breakouts and excessively oily skin. however, there are some oils that are safe to use on oily skin (tea tree being one).

when my skin gets really dry (i.e. from bp or when the weather is really cold), i use jojoba oil on my skin. i was really reluctant to try it at first, but since it is the closest oil to the skin's naturally occurring oils, it does not clog your pores (believe me! my skin is soo sensitive to oily products!)

obviously, it doesn't make a great daytime moisturizer as it leaves skin looking, well, oily.. but i use it at night, and my skin is soft and smooth in the morning. right now i have one that's 90% jojoba oil and 10% vitamin e oil

you can get them at most health food stores - make sure they're pure though

Has anyone used Skin Milk before? I've been using it for about a year or two and I love it. I was curious how it works with BP, though.