Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jen5276

How long before clearing of skin?

Hi, I started the regimen about 3 weeks ago. I use the BP Gel during the day and Differin at night. I used Differin years ago and it worked very well for me.

I just got a breakout this morning. I woke up and there were like 3 zits on my cheek that weren't there before. I was wonderining if this was normal? When will my skin be REALLY clear (I hope I hope biggrin.gif )?

Thanks!

Guest Marino

I'd give it 3 months before i'd come off your current regime.

Most people dont that most acne itself is created 2/3 months before it rises to the surface,

this is for the exception of hormonal and allergic reaction acne which are the occasional spot you get after your "clear".

Differin can in fact make your skin a little bit worse before it gets better though,

i suggest you keep at it, give your skin a good 3 months then think about about weather or not your happy with the results.

Take care

It's not just bp gel that clears the skin, it is the regimen. You can use any 2.5% bp. So, because you are not on the regimen, it is impossible to say if and when it will work as well as you'd like it to. But if your current regimen does not work for you, you can always try the Clear Skin Regimen.

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the advice, I guess you mean putting on the BP Gel twice a day as opposed to the once in the morning?

It's not just bp gel that clears the skin, it is the regimen.  You can use any 2.5% bp.  So, because you are not on the regimen, it is impossible to say if and when it will work as well as you'd like it to.  But if your current regimen does not work for you, you can always try the Clear Skin Regimen.