Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK, so yesterday I had an irish football game in the morning, and stayed to watch another team's game and it was pretty hot out. Of course I forgot to put sunblock on. I left and when I got home was exhausted from the heat so I slept until dinner time. When I woke up my nose was super red and felt very RAW.

Now, this morning I woke up and with all the usual dryness and patches over my face my nose looks REALLY strange. It's all bubbly and looks like it literally got burned with some boiling water or something. It's really freaking me out and is making me so self-conscious I don't want to step foot in public. It's hard to explain but it just looks bubbly like indentations on my nose and a little below my eyes. Has this happened to anyone on here? I almost want to call my dermatoligist and ask what I should put on it, maybe Noxzema??

Dude, dont even hesitate to call your doctor....this is your health we're talking about....you dont need to think about formalities and shit here, if its nothing, great...but if its something, you'll be glad you called. I say if you ever have any serious concerns, immediately alleviate them by calling your doctor.

ok i showed my mom it and she said it's blisters, that will eventually pop..?! eusa_sick.gif

everybody, be very weary of how long you stay out in the sun, and dont be an idiot like me and not bring sunblock... I talked to my dermatoligists' secretary and she's gonna call me back once she talks to the doctor. arghhh

I tend to get tiny blisters on my nose when I get a wicked sunburn. I also get allergic reactions from increased sun exposure during the first couple weeks of summer, and always get tiny little blisters at the top of my cheekbones.

Mine goes away pretty quickly on its own (within a week), and it has never left a single mark or scar, no matter how bad it looked at the time. smile.gif I sometimes put some hydrocortisone ointment on it (my derm prescribed it for this), but usually I just leave it alone. Just make sure not to scratch or pick at it.

those blisters are sun poisoning and are going to turn a greenishyellow as they break open or get absorbed. The skin is going to get like a scab and then peel off. The skin underneath it will be raw so if you do it again, you will get even more burned. How much Accutane are you taking?

OK, so yesterday I had an irish football game in the morning, and stayed to watch another team's game and it was pretty hot out. Of course I forgot to put sunblock on. I left and when I got home was exhausted from the heat so I slept until dinner time. When I woke up my nose was super red and felt very RAW.

Now, this morning I woke up and with all the usual dryness and patches over my face my nose looks REALLY strange. It's all bubbly and looks like it literally got burned with some boiling water or something. It's really freaking me out and is making me so self-conscious I don't want to step foot in public. It's hard to explain but it just looks bubbly like indentations on my nose and a little below my eyes. Has this happened to anyone on here? I almost want to call my dermatoligist and ask what I should put on it, maybe Noxzema??

There is no too much you can do except : Drink a lot of water and may be ice packs but it is probably too late for that. Take aspirin for the inflammation and use a light moisturizer like Cetaphil.

thank you for the responses! caite thanks, i will try not to scratch or pick it, it's getting a little flaky and just looks super red. My dermatoligist said to put aquaphor on it so I'm gonna buy another bottle tomorrow.

pimplesbegone: greenish yellow? i'll cross my fingers and hope it doesn't change any color but red.. i can stand that! yeah I've been trying to step up my water intake, I've replaced drinking soda with drinking coffee, is that the lesser of 2 evils? wink.gif

i'm taking naproxen sodium for the anti-inflammatory agents. my mom said its better than aspirin. my brother bought me a SF Giants fisherman's hat so I wore that to school, it attracted attention but hey it covered up my forehead and kept my red face out of the sun for the most part. Thanks for the support people!