Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jcal88

8 day countdown Regimen!!

Okay- so i have 8 days before this big trip back to visit my dad's whole family and i haven't seen them for a year and last year i had perfect skin and right now- my forhead is horrible. soooo- i have been doing the regimen for about 2wks and it has kinda helped but not that much so i am going to totally simplify everything and do this- hopefully i will get my face looking decent before we leave. So- this is my 8 day countdown, :D) wish me luck :)/

Okay, I dont think Cetaphil is helping me so i'm going to use regular water to wash my face and probably the hot towel treatment that somebody else was talking about earlier to "open pores". Then i'll bomb my face with bp and hope for the best- and use honey in addition because i have been having good results with honey. So, here we go:

Morning:

wash face, apply bp, neutrogena lotion (it's the stuff with spf 30- great stuff)

Night/ AFternoon:

Wash face, apply hot towel, tons of bp and let that dry. Then some honey

Right now, everything below my forehead is clear- few tiny blackheads around nose but that's really it. My forhead has 2 active pimples, a few that are still raised but are "going down"/ healing and are red. Then a bunch of reddish/brown marks that are what makes my face look worse than it is. <sigh> i'll let you know how it goes

Wow- i heated up a wet washcloth and set it on my face (namely my forehead) and not only did it feel GREAT :D but it also brought some color to my face (yeah, yeah, it's only temporary but i've been very pale lately so it's nice) and then when my skin was still kind of "damp/soft" i rubbed in a bunch of bp (neutrogena on the spot) and i could feel it seeping into my skin- it kinda tingled but hopefully that meant it was working? or being soaked up? it felt different than ever before and already my skin looks healthier. Anyway- it's only been like, an hour since i last posted so i'll write tomorrow!

Update- okay, it's day two (about day 16 of dan's regimen overall) and i came home from school today with only 2 active pimples compared to three i had when i left for school this morning!! This morning i did the hot towel thing and loaded some bp on my face. I just got home and i did the hot towel again and more bp and hopefully i can get another one to go away tonight! on monday i have this end of the year formal thing and so i'm hoping to get my face looking better for that. I still have tons of red marks and what not but i'm going to focus on my zits for now. Oh- and next wednesday i have my first dermatology apointment so hopefully i can get something that will get this under control without so much effort on my part- i dont know about you guys- but i think its such a hassle to have to wash, tone, do extras like the tape method and this hot towel thing, put tons of bp on your face, etc,etc- and then when something works you dont know what it was that helped. It's such a vicious cycle- ](*,) Anyway- my problem now is i dont know what to use to wash my face b/c the cetaphil was not helping too much. any suggestions? thanks so much!

Okay, sorry i skipped a day of update- haha, if anyone even reads this or cares, :D Anyway, It's like, day 20 of dan's regimen overall and the hot towel thing is really helping!!! The three active zits i had on thursday are totally healing and almost gone- and now i only have one little zit. My face is really looking better acne wise- although i still have tons of redmarks. I'm really excited for my derm apointment on Wednesday because hopefully she will give me something that will work on the longterm. Anyway- that's about it. I still need a good face cleaner- any suggestions for one with salycylic acid?

Alright- as of now- i have NO active zits on my face!!!! i probably just jinxed it. ](*,) Anyway- i'm just so happy to run my hand over my forhead and not feel any huge painful bumps! I confess- today i did pop a zit but i was desperate and now it's flat- which i can handle. I have a formal/dance thing tomorrow for the end of school/ graduation and my face might actually look good- with a heap of makeup on top of it- :D Anyway- i still have 6 days until my trip, which is my ULTIMATE goal- a face w/ no zits (just red marks) is what i'm shooting for. Hopefully i can keep up this no zit thing for the entire week. Wish me luck! Bleh- i still have a TON of red marks- even some big ones that look like zits but they're flat. oh well- i guess that's my next task. I'm so happy that the regimen is actually working! I really urge you guys to try honey and the hot water towel thing i've been doing. They have really helped!