Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since visiting this websight I have been wondering if all these people are so far gone with thier acne that they don't realize how bad they look.

I think that young people don't really know what they are dealing with. So they just sort of let it go for a while. The truth is that if you are getting ANY cystic acne you might end up with scarring.

So these kids are just kind of like "oh its not that bad, my mother said it wasn't so bad"

If your doctor is writing down on your file that you have severe cystic acne get on accutane right away.

Most young people are too clueless to realize that the doctor is just going to keep them in and out of thier office for as long as possible with useless medications to rack up as many charges as possible. When a doctor sees a kid with serious acne, he knows he has a customer for life (or at least for their teen years)

So they set you up on what would be known as a systematic regime DESIGHNED to give you just enouph results to justify using the drugs and coming back for more. They don't care about your health. They couldn't care less about the amount of damage that using antibiotics will have on your kidneys and liver when used for months at a time, or even years at a time non stop. They know this is worse then to use a small dosage of accutane for a short period, yet they will continue to dispense antibiotics.

More; the drug companies actually have very financially aggresive, young scientists, and executives working together to formulate these plans, they spend all thier time marketing this stuff and formulating ideas in terms of how to get the most money out of you.

sad but true. my doctor never mentioned benzoyl peroxide. just gave me loads of rubbish. benzoyl peroxides the only thing thats worked for me, and i never heard of it until i came upon this site a couple of weeks ago. they never told me what was in the stuff they gave me, just said it would work.

one doctor told me that you become immune to an antibiotic in 3 months. is that true? i thought they took at least a month to work.

now when i go to the doctors, i find out what may work first, then i ask for it.

maybe its all just because i have a rubbish doctor wacko.gif

Juiced, you are absolutely right. My God, when I first got acne at age 13, I wrote it off as puberty. I told myself that it would eventually go away, and it wasn't a big deal, because all teenagers would eventually get acne. I often fantasized about how life was going to be when the acne went away, and in reality, all of that was exactly that, a fantasy. I was in extreme denial.

Kids, if you have cystic acne or acne vulgaris, DON'T PLAY WITH TOPICAL SOLUTIONS. STOP TRYING NEW FACE WASHES, CREAMS, ETC. GET ON ACCUTANE.

ACCUTANE - That is the word of the day for you kiddies.

Since visiting this websight I have been wondering if all these people are so far gone with thier acne that they don't realize how bad they look.

I think that young people don't really know what they are dealing with. So they just sort of let it go for a while. The truth is that if you are getting ANY cystic acne you might end up with scarring.

So these kids are just kind of like "oh its not that bad, my mother said it wasn't so bad"

If your doctor is writing down on your file that you have severe cystic acne get on accutane right away.

Most young people are too clueless to realize that the doctor is just going to keep them in and out of thier office for as long as possible with useless medications to rack up as many charges as possible. When a doctor sees a kid with serious acne, he knows he has a customer for life (or at least for their teen years)

So they set you up on what would be known as a systematic regime DESIGHNED to give you just enouph results to justify using the drugs and coming back for more. They don't care about your health. They couldn't care less about the amount of damage that using antibiotics will have on your kidneys and liver when used for months at a time, or even years at a time non stop. They know this is worse then to use a small dosage of accutane for a short period, yet they will continue to dispense antibiotics.

More; the drug companies actually have very financially aggresive, young scientists, and executives working together to formulate these plans, they spend all thier time marketing this stuff and formulating ideas in terms of how to get the most money out of you.

i wasnt allowed on accutane because they said it might damage my organs or something. they said theyd use it as a last resort.

I agree. And to make matters worse, my parents kept on saying that having acne is a phase that I will outgrow out of. I'm fucking 24 and I still have them.

I agree.  And to make matters worse, my parents kept on saying that having acne is a phase that I will outgrow out of.  I'm fucking 24 and I still have them.

i know thats what im skeptical of. my parents tell me that a lot. they say its a teenage phase.theres loads of people on here who are past their teenage phase and they still get it, like dan for instance. thats why i love coming on here cos then i can get the real facts (well mostly) instead of all the myths and things that are said to make you feel better.

I tried to post this earlier but the thing is that every time you put a topical solution on your face, you are doing some damage to the collagen and to the skin itself. You may get ride of the existing acne, but you are setting yourself up for more severe scarring.

Example my cousin and I were the most vain people in the family, we would wash our faces 3-4x a day, use topical solutions with alchohal and other chemicals in it right afterwards, then we would scrub our faces with oxy pads, and basically when you consider that this went on for like 6 years, we definintely started getting a different texture to our skin.

Bottom line is that we were the ones who did the most for our skin, and we were the ones who ended up with the severe scarring. Our acne wasn't any different then anyone in the family. Yet, nobody else in the family got scarring, and they just kind of let thier acne go.

My cousin is all fucked up and she more or less depends on the church for not only her job (12$ an hour w/ a BA degree) but also for a place to live (a room in a house, more or less a crack house) but also for food.

Hell if she had a falling out with the church she would be end up dead...I am not kidding. She would be defensless, and not really capable of doing anything on her own.

does accutane work for everyone? i've heard some bad stories about it not working. and is it like a final solution? i mean does the acne go away and never come back? sorry im just gettin very skeptical these days. iv tried a lot of things believe me.

its funny, most of my friends spend loads of money on clothes and hair products. most of my money is spent on my skin. eg concealer, spot stick, cleanser, moisturiser, blah blah could go on for ages lol.

man, but the accutane is too strong, it creates all kind of side effects. And im afraid its gonna mess with my organs, thats even more fucked up then acnes

DAMN RIGHT;

IF YOU HAVE ANY CYSTIC ACNE, DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET ACCUTANE, NO MATTER WHAT AGE YOU ARE, OR WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET IT.

I didn't even have blood tests done. I used something like 40 mg. a day for only 8 weeks, and my severe acne literally stopped from DAY 1!.

It was shocking, utterly amazing.

Havn't had acne at all for over 6 years.

Without this drug, I honestly don't know if I would want to have kids, because I wouldn't want them to go through what I have gone through.

Robynxo;

Accutane will clear up an elephant!!!

This stuff has cleared up people with acne so bad that they literally didn't even have any facial skin that was not inflammed with cysts. I am not kidding. Perfectly clears it up every time.

The people that it doesn't work for are not using it for long enouph, or in too low dosages.

Accutane shrinks the oil glands, and stops the production of oil. When that happens you cannot get zits. Plain and simple.

Doctors are so full of shit man. They can't make it in the business world were the real money is...

Kids, if you have cystic acne or acne vulgaris, DON'T PLAY WITH TOPICAL SOLUTIONS. STOP TRYING NEW FACE WASHES, CREAMS, ETC. GET ON ACCUTANE.

ACCUTANE - That is the word of the day for you kiddies.

might try it in a couple of months, my skins startin to improve for the first time since i got acne, so il wait and see if it does get better first. thanks though for the advice, il definitly keep it in mind. and my skins not gettin better cos of the doctors lol. they didnt help at all.

you know once i had a virus from a swimming pool on holiday, and was vomiting for a week, and couldnt eat for a week (lost 2 stone when i was 8 stone to begin with ahhh). anyways, went to the doctors and they said i had tonsilitus (where your tonsils swell up) and they prescribed me with a ton of antibiotics, which made me worse!! i hardly go to the doctors now lol, just get through it myself. all they do is give me antibiotics. cool.gif

If your skin hasn't cleared up with all the stuff you are taking what makes you think it will suddenly clear up now at the age of 17 or 18? For that matter the antibiotics work less as you are on them longer and longer, and the damage to your kidneys and liver compiles the longer you are on them.

Wake up honey, its not going to go away, not for a long time.

It's a really big deal though-going on accutane. I mean, it has SCARY side effects and the chances are you are gonna have a big breakout to begin with. Also, the minute you stop taking it, you could well get acne again. Dans regimen is just a topical treatment and I am now clear from doing that.

I was so close to going on accutane-I had severe acne, so my skin was in an awful state. It's taken about 3 to 4 months and my skin is now pushing on perfect.

So clearly, accutane would be unnessesary for me-even though my acne was severe.

You can't just say that ANYONE with bad acne has to go on accutane. BP has been so amazing at treating so many people who had problems with using accutane. eusa_angel.gif

By the way, does accutane get rid of all minor, shallow scarring and red marks????? I've never known! smile.gif

If your skin hasn't cleared up with all the stuff you are taking what makes you think it will suddenly clear up now at the age of 17 or 18? For that matter the antibiotics work less as you are on them longer and longer, and the damage to your kidneys and liver compiles the longer you are on them.

Wake up honey, its not going to go away, not for a long time.

you can't eradicate severe acne with dans regime, chances are your acne was mild.

How fucking stupid do you think I am???? lol.gifshock.gif My DERMATOLOGIST and doctor told me it was severe acne. I had cysts everywhere. It was severe. Ans now it's gone. Those are the facts. rolleyes.gif