Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here. Not because my scars dont still bother me but because my office at work got turned into a cubicle and I cant surf the web like I used to.

Anyway, it is now roughly 75 days post subcision and N lite. I am disappointed and still very self concious about my scarring. It seems some days I feel like they aren't that bad and other days I just want to kill myself. Right now I feel my improvement is very minimal, 10 - 20% at best. I am so depressed right now, really sucks. I want my scars to be fixed so bad and subcision was my best hope. I dont know what else to say, why me, why my face?

If you had some improvement then consider another subcision and/or TCA treatment. Don't give up many people had to have up to six subcisions.

scarred4life - hey, hang in there. Many of us are in the same boat. I had 2 needling sessions (along with self-needling prior) and I have had around 30% improvement ... now I am going for subcision x 2, N-lite x 2 and Isolagen.

I spend so much time with vinegar, peels, copper peptides, retin-a... they all provide some improvement... but I still keep going. I believe that there is a solution to every problem.. just got to keep going.

I saw your photos before, you're a good looking guy - others don't see your scars like you do, I understand that they get you down.. but please try getting subcision and n-lite again - I hear that 2-3 subcisions work best. Maybe get needling? It's cheaper.

Also, a change of poster name might be good for you - scarred4life is quite a sad name - it may help you to change it to something more positive. Just a suggestion.

SFL, if I recall , your 45 day progress was very promising. Has it gone downhill since? I thought it was supposed to keep on improving. In any case, chin up buddy.

Scarred for life,

I don't know if this will help but there is something to the statement 'others don't see your scars the way you do' (i think anyway). A couple of weeks ago I was talking to one my best friends - I told her about my laser and how sad I have been about my face. she was baffled she didn't know what I was talkign abotu when I talked about my "scarring" The other day I mentioned it again and she pulled me aside and said "I know you'll probably get angry at me for saying this but you are nuts you neeed therapy you are way over critical - people are not seeing what you are seeing - it's a magnified 100x's to you. yes when you point it out I do see there is some scarring there but it's not the way you make it to be and if you didn't poiint it out so much it would be noticeable" this friend can be really mean at times and she's the type of friend who tells you the truth whether or not you want/need to hear it... so keep that in mind. Plus I do think that is even more so for guys... and I don't mean that to belittle your pain but y'all can get away with it ... carry it off a little better than us females, I think anyway... Like I said my husband has acne scarring I never even noticed it until I got mine (and that was after we were married). I remember looking at his skin (before realizing it was acne scarring) and thinking 'why guys faces are so much rougher than woman, must be estrogen' it's not that at all (well maybe a little) but it was he had acne scarring and I just assumed he was a typical gouy - a little rough around the edges...

don't know if any of that helps .... but I hope it does.

Right now I feel my improvement is very minimal, 10 - 20% at best

Damn i thought you were up to 60-65% at day 45. My scarring is worse than yours to.

I might skip subcision and just go all out tattoo needling 3-6 sessions. Only costs $100 or so. That Rapport is expensive.

bottom line, acne scarring sucks. It is easily as bad as acne for the self conscience, if not- worse.

It totally depends on the person, how much it bothers you. Some people will consider suicide over one pock mark, others who have a bunch may not think twice about it. I happen to be very over-reactive, and I have a bunch of scarring.... you can imagine how I feel :D Every day is a struggle.

SFL-- You have reason to be upset, that was a fair chunk of change you spent for 10-20% improvement, $1600. Sorry to hear that, but all you can do is continue to try, or live with it. I know what I'd rather do.

Maya and Oursfan have you ever thought about emailing scarre4life to get some updates on how he is going.

He used to post heaps here and he had subcision and TCA with Rappaport on the 1/4/03.

His 45 day update was encouraging and then he posted his 75 day update described above but i think any more info from him post 150 days or 5 months would be beneficial to us all.

I hope he is doing ok.

will - that's a great idea - I will email him and post him this link - hopefully he will update us.

will - sorry, but I sent an email and it got returned saying that there is a failure of delivery on that hotmail address - pretty much means he has not used that address for sometime and they have wiped him off.

#-o ahh well worth a try.

I just want to get some indication about the long term results from some of these procedures. Maybe he comes back to read and he's got good results from smoothbeam, needling or something else. His scarring was pretty shallow it's just that he had some redness which can make it look worse.

just read this post and it's nice to know you guys thought about me. anyway, i still have scarring, i have gone for 2 more needling treatments with Frank from Transitionspmc.com and unfortunately I have seen minimal improvement form those as well. I want to go for another round of treatments with Dr. rapaport and then a series of micro dermabrasions from a local derm but I need to save up some money for those treatments. i am looking into the lactic peels to clean out my pores and minimize the redness and hopefully get rid of some of the uneveness in my skin.

just read this post and it's nice to know you guys thought about me. anyway, i still have scarring, i have gone for 2 more needling treatments with Frank from Transitionspmc.com and unfortunately I have seen minimal improvement form those as well. I want to go for another round of treatments with Dr. rapaport and then a series of micro dermabrasions from a local derm but I need to save up some money for those treatments. i am looking into the lactic peels to clean out my pores and minimize the redness and hopefully get rid of some of the uneveness in my skin.

i guess i was having a good day, probably had some other good things going on in my life and was just feeling "up" about everything incuding my scars, also i have good and bad skin days where sometimes i don't even worry about the scars and other days when I won't even leave the house

i guess i was having a good day, probably had some other good things going on in my life and was just feeling \"up\" about everything incuding my scars, also i have good and bad skin days where sometimes i don't even worry about the scars and other days when I won't even leave the house

imbue, if you are referring to the redness in a pic you might of seen it was from acne, that pic was from September 2002, before I had any treatments and only 4 months post-accutane

the needling with Frank was not to bad, my first impression of his facility was that it looked kinda trashy and it had me quite nervous, however after speaking with him I was quite comfortable with him working on my face. The day of the procedure my face looked like a broke out with a hundred pimples, it was just a bunch of bright red dots all over my face. After day 3 most of the scabs were gone and after day 4 though it is vuirtually unnoticable that you had anything done. I would definately recommend him even if you just go there and talk to him, he is very knowledgable about the latest finding on scar revision.

Frank is in NY state, right? How far would you say it is from Bergen/Passiac counties? 2 hours?

Unfortunately, today was my day for dirty looks from people...I got at least two or three when they noticed my scars. Why?? Am I to blame for having them? Do people REALLY see it that way??

Anyway, I have to do SOMETHING...I guess needling with Frank is a good place to start.

Here's a pretty pitiful admission...I would gladly put myself into abject poverty if I knew there was a surefire way to make my skin flawless. How sad is that??

Here's a pretty pitiful admission...I would gladly put myself into abject poverty if I knew there was a surefire way to make my skin flawless. How sad is that??