Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
someguy456

Is it ok to get a facial and be on accutane?

i don't think it would be bad at all...just make sure the person knows you are on accutane and they don't do anything too drying...

it might help the dryness and/or redness some experience from accutane

My derm told me to go and get a couple of facials while I'm on accutane... Do you guys think thats ok?

Well yeah, thats what I was thinking too. My derm was like something about the whitehead. The whitehead are gonna come to the surface or something like that and something about it causing more bacteria therefore, more breakouts. He said he recommends getting facials to extract those whiteheads.

I was wondering about facials myself, because if your pores are really really clogged it could take accutane a long time to do what a facial could do in a few minutes (i.e. extract the pimple). Another way to put it: accutane slowly pushes the oil to the surface over a period of weeks, and a facial would work to extract the oil instantly. Anyway, I would be worried about scarring and redness. Maybe if the esthetician is very careful and doesn't use a lot of chemicals it would be ok.

I'm sorry to be mean but, your dermatologist sounds like a moron. I done facials myself and I think that the last thing you should be thinking while on tane for real. Today I went to my derm and I asked her what should I use to clean my face? She told me only water. Just water or a gentle cleanser. Don't worry about your clog pores eventually the Accutane will get rid of it.

But really, I don't recommend on you having facials. I'm not saying facials are bad cause' I had 15 facials myself before I was in accutane. But really when they extract the zits. It's painful. You can just tell the ethecian to be gentle. They still gonna be ruff on your skin. My point is that if you do it. It won't be pretty. And also, I'm asking myself why your dermatologist suggested that? I mean if your accutane why do you need facials?

So please, don't go do the facials. Just ride it out. Be patient. And do your course. eusa_doh.gif

I think I agree with Eva and UK_Guy cause if you go for it. You'll would be in total pain. And I've read in these forums that while your in accutane. Your skin takes a long time to heal. So, is totally a bad idea to have any kind of surgeries, and other things that are too harsh on your skin while your in tane.

Oh well.. I had plenty of facials done before I took accutane. It's not really that painful to me anymore and the facial lady is like so surprised cause I'm like the only one that's not like moaning and screaming my guts out.

I already went to get my facial and I asked her about the scarring. She told me not to worry about it as many patient already had facials while on accutane and their skin got so much better in a month. I was also surprised today as how painless it was. She was extracting like crazy and there was minimal pain. I guess I'm just weird...

Ive been having regular facials while on roaccuatne and have been fine- try karin herzog pore draw- gets rid of all the crap!! x