Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlie Chalk

So I finally started the Regimen

After years of back and forwards battling mild-moderate and very stubborn acne I've decided to finally give BP and the regimen a shot. Had acne since 17 and I'm now 22. My acne seems only to be getting worse and more stubborn the older I get. Only thing that has cleared me completely in the past is B5, but come summertime when my student loan checks aren't coming in anymore, I can't afford the damn stuff, and it simply is too much of a hassle popping 20 like pills a day, I just don't like it.

It's now six hours or so since I first applied the BP and, no redness (maybe a bit soon to judge), but it sure does itch like hell, but my face always itches, just a bit more now. School starts in a little bit over a month so I'm crossing my fingers that there are no huge break outs at that time. Currently only have like 4-5 spots, but i can see it's steadily getting worse the longer I'm without B5.

Will try and update on condition. I'm really worried about this dryness and flaky skin, I just can't meet up at school looking like a burn victim, but currently no problem. I'm using Eucerin dry skin relief and my face feels so oily and is really really shiny. I'm having my vacation at my parents house and I don't know anybody around these parts so who cares?

welcome to the forum. i've been on the regimen for a week now and no breakout so far. i'm also experiencing dryness and flakiness and redness as well. and school starts in less than a month. our situation is very alike, don't you think. haha let's just pray that our faces will be clear and normal before school starts eusa_pray.gif

well, my spirits are pretty high right now....the only real discomfort is the itching...otherwise I hardly see any redness at all...but like I said I've only been on the reg for a day, but my god does it itch. If this does not work I'm definetly gonna go on tane if the doctor will give it to me, cause after all it's not severe, but it's just so goddamn stubborn. In three weeks I have to go back to England for school and school starts in october...so hopefully there will be great improvements by that time. Going to school is always a bummer when fighting acne, no doubt about that

Day 2; My face looks pretty bad now spot wise. I have not had this many spots since I started B5 reg about 7-8 months ago (which I again quited around two months ago). These I do not contribute to the BP though since they were already forming when I started and were the main reason for starting the BP regimen. I have to say I'm quite surprised by the little amount of redness, it just looks like I maybe spent a couple of hours in the sun. I wouln't even call it redness. I am though using a very small amount of BP at this time, 1/3 of my index finger, and it is only day 2. Normally I would be very down and depressed about the way my face looks right now (around 6-7 spots, only one being a whitehead), but I'm keeping my spirits up by thinking that it hopefully will be over in a few weeks.

Running out of Eucerin dry skin relief moisturizer (the one without AHA), and I can't get ahold of it where I'm at right now, so I will have to find some kind of good substitute. I guess as long as it is non comogenic it'll be good.

I am of course being realistic about what to expect, I am hoping to be less acne ridden in a couplem of weeks but I of course now that it can take a couple of months. This time I'm in it for the long run. I'm normally quite impatient but I'm gonna stick to this so I can know for sure if it works.

I mixed up this forum with the log forum...If one of the moderators would be kind enough to move it to that forum that would be great

ps: ohhh the itching the itching...it's driving me up the wall LOL

Hopefull this thread will be moved soon, so I'll just continue my Log.

Day 3: Still no sign of any redness. I'm still using 1/3 of my index finger and I'm hardly moisturizing. Just enough to cover my face with a thin lair. I hope my skin is still taking the BP, I can't see how it isn't. My skin is a bit dryer than normal but that I guess is only to be expected. It itches so bad though. This starts after I apply the moisturizer and doesn't stop until I wash my face again.

Some of the spots I had have gone down dramatically over night. A week before I started the regimen I only had trouble with the left side of my face, I currently have two spots there opposed to 5-6 yesterday. My right side was flawless a week ago and now has broken out. They're all located just below the corner of my mouth so It's not like it's spread all over my face. I do not as I said earier contribute my break out to the BP, cause stuff was laready forming there. I did last week have abit of a bender with a friend with some illegal substances which I can say kept me up for 40 odd hours....(I know not a good thing, drugs are bad and what not but it was an one off.) Definetly don't think that helped my situation.

Well, that's all for now (Is anyone even reading this). I really hope this regimen is the thing for me. 15 days and counting until my scheduled flight to England, and a month and counting until school starts. It looks like it's gonna be a close on LOL

BTW I started using Hibiscrub now as my cleanser. So my regimen is now;

Morning:

- Cleans with Hibiscrub gently for 20-30 seconds or so.

- Pat dry

- Spot treat with Alpha Hydroxy oil free lotion (I like the enhanced lotion much better but it's all I have left)

- Wait 15 min

- Apply BP

- Wait 15 min

- Moisturize with Eucerin dry skin relief

Thanks. I can't believe how good I feel lately even though my face is bad compared to the start of the summer when I was acne free. I just really pleased that there is no intitial redness and over drying. That was my biggest fear and is what kept me off the regimen. I'm really looking forward to being able to ramping up the dosage and spreading that stuff on like there's no tomorrow haha... jeez I have very little pleasures these days just lounging around the house.

Day 4: Woke up with my face being a tad dry around my mouth so I moisturized a bit extra. I also turn a bit more red today than the oher days...this only happened when I apllied the moisturizer though and it's hardly noticable. The spots I had from before are continuing to die down wuickly which I'm really please with. The left side of my gace has gone from having 6-7 spots to only 2 within 3 days. I especially please with the part right by my nose which always had some tiny whiteheads and clogged pores, these have now gone.

The right side of my face which has been the most clear this whole summer is still a little broken out but they're not that active anymore and seem to be going down rapidly. I think since I started spot treating with Alpha hydroxy lotion is really helping with this.

I went down to my local supermarket to get myself a good moisturizer since my eucerin is soon running out. I'm currently in Norway at my parents place, and (not that I was that surprised) but all they had of any products directed towards acne was Clearasil face wash and Garnier PureA deep pore wash.....not a single cream or anything like that. So I hopped over to the pharmacy where they had some Eucerin moisturizer with carbamide or something like that. They wanted me to shell out close to $20 for a small tube with 50ml, and the BP brand the carried (5%bp of course) cost around $20 as well for tube with no more that was half the size of Dans. I ended up not buying anything, I've stopped my impulse buying.

Good luck man, your acne sounds like mine, pretty persistant, just keep with it and youl be able to beat it Im sure.

Those restaurants were cool too :lol2: Good luck with the regimen- cleared me up totally, you're doing the right thing!

Edited by SclubParty

Yeah I hope so, I'm so tired of letting this acne take such a big chunk of my life, when I'm clear I feel like a complete different person than when I have my worst breakouts.

Day 5; My face is the dryest it's been since starting the regimen. Some flakiness around the spots, and feeling reallt tight. so I'm making sure I moisturize much more than I have previously. Still nothing new has come up...still the same spots that are dying down from when I started the regimen, and they are your typical week long zits. So far so good it seems.

I needed a new moistirizer so I decided to buy the Eucerin with karbamid (not sure what that is in english), cost me $20 which is outrageous conscidering the size of it. But I ran out of my old one so not much I could do.

I almost left without my money in the pharmacy, cause' I hate walking into pharmacys, definetly with a slight break out, so I was a bit eager to get out of there hehe

anyway I need to go and put on the days first application of BP

Yeah Charlie Chalk rocks, never heard of any restaurants called charlie chalk LOL

....... I can't believe I didn't start the regimen before now...It already seems to be working great...everything is drying up nicely and nothing new has come so I'm chuffed.

Day 6: Good morning break out

So it finally came. 4-5 new spots have developed during the day.....at incredible pace...hopefully they'll die down in the same speed as well.

Went to the mall today with my mom...thought I'd join her since she asked and she wanted to do a whole family thing with me and my two sisters since we rarely are all together anymore, I also though it was a good opportunity to blag some new gear from her, since I'm flat broke until school starts...hehe

It was a pretty shitty experiences though. All those bright shop lights and mirrors (I avoided every single one). It was really uncomfortable walking around with my fresh regimen face. I could feel new stuff forming while I was walking around, which made it even worse. Then I had to meet my sister and her new boyfriend...not that I care that much...but I didn't like giving him that first impression of myself, cause my face hasn't looked this bad in about a year or so when my acne was at an all time low (meaning bad). This mall is like a two hour drive from my parents house to a town where I used to live...so I of course had to run into a couple of aquaintences as well, which got made into some awkward situations. I was feeling really self conscious about my face, and I could definetly notice the "what's happened to your face all of a sudden" mood.

Well now I'm home, and just hoping this break out won't worsen or last that long. I'm hoping to go over to my old home town agian next weekend to cath a concert with my friends, so hopefully things will have improved by then. Last time they saw me around a month aago I was pretty much clear and now I look like shit, and like I said I hate that "wtf happened to your face" thing.

Acne is such a f*****G rollercoaster ride.

Day 7; Well, my first week on the regimen has passed...YAY!!

My break out from day 6 this morning had already improved alot, most of the spots are already in submission and are probably gone by tomorrow. Still dealing with some of the spots that formed during the start of the regimen, but these also will hopefully be gone in a couple of days. My skin when I wake up is a bit flaky, especially where the breakouts are, but it's nothing major, I'm moisturizing much more now than I did at the start of the regimen, so the flakiness will go away I hope.

I can see that some red marks are going to linger more than usual, which I pretty much expected, so I'm looking forward to using the Eucerin skin renewal soon.

I'm still very hopeful to the regimen showing results.

Day 8; Not much new to add. One sore zit is starting to form it seems like on my cheek and I woke up with a tiny one on my upper lip, God damn I hate the ones you get there, their just small, irritating and painful. Some spots are disappearing really fast while some are lingering. I've upped the dosage of BP a bit more now, cause' it looks like my skin has no problems taking it.

Day 9; The zit on my lip is gone bout the one on my cheek is growing steadily, it's one of those really sore ones that one come to a head as well, I just no out of experience. There is also another zit that has has been on the side of my nose that has never come to a head and has been there for over a week now which is very unusual, it's not sore or active it seems, but it just staying there. Since I've ramped up the dosage ever so slightly my face is also reacting accordinlgy, nothing major just a bit redness and itching after application. I am moisturixing a lot now, much more than I did in the start of the regimen, cause' I am noticing some dryness and flakiness after cleansing. I dropped the hibiscrub after a couple of days cause' I was scared of interfering with the regimen, so I used a mild Nivea combination skin cleanser I had left over...but suddenly today I notice it contains lactic acid. So I think I I'll pop down to the store tomorrow and find a good mild cleanser that isn't medicated.

Day 10; Most of my spots are going away now, accept the on my cheek which is is soon at full size, it's almost cystic like, only not big enough. This has to be because of the BP cause' I never get acne like this, after applying Bp this morning I spot treated with a bit more BP after moisturizing to try and kill it. It's really really sore and looks like it could last for a while. Otherwise there is not much more to report. I just hope I want be getting anymore major break outs, since I'm going back to England in a week.

Day 11; Wow this weeks is going really fast. Not much to report. I did however pop a zit today (uhhhh), it was this one by my nose that has been there for over a week and was really annoying me, it suddenly came to a head and I couldn't resist, it was very satisfying LOL

The big sore cystic like thit isn't as sore today and looks like it's not going to get bigger, it even looks likemit may get a head. It will probably leave a nasty red mark though...aaargh. I hope that was the 2nd week break out and that nothing major comes in the next few days. Going back to England on Thursday, hope to be reasonably clear by then

Day 12; Things are really looking up today, no new break outs, and that sore pimple on my cheek is already going away. Thank god for that, looked like it was going to be an evil one. One problem though, after I wash and wait those 15 min before applying the BP, my skin is really really flaky around the area I had broken out, I'm moisturizing like crazy, but it just doesn't seem to help that much. After that is applied it's alright and you can't see any dryness. Hopefully this will go away in a couple of days. I have officially only two active zits on my face, one tiny one that cropped up on my lip and the one on my cheek. A few redmarks around my chin and mouth area are though annoying, but this is acne from only a couple of days ago, so it will get better quickly.

Was away for the weekend so I didn't have the chance to update;

Day 17; Got a break out on day 14, not that bad but relly enoying. I am now on the full dosage of BP, so hopefully this is when things show improvement. You can see on my areas of my skin which are now clear that I have been struggling the last couple of months with acne. Two month of acne and you're back to square one when it comes to uneven skin tone, red marks and shallow scars from recent acne. I just spent over half a year getting rid of all that. Hopefully this will be the last cycle of this because of the regimen.

Jeez it's been a long time since I've been on this site and updated my regimen log. Haven't had internet access since I got back to England, but I'll try and give a short resume of what has happened.

First of all the word to describe my regimen is SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

I am pretty much clear, only the occasional zit pops up, but my red marks are still there, but are fading.....slowly.

My current regimen is:

-wash with Hibiscrub

-apply alpha hydroxy oil free lotion

-wait 10-15 min

-apply oxy 2.5% BP cream (since I haven't had internet I haven't been able to order any of dans BP gel, i did today though)

-wait 10-15 min and moisturize with Eucerin dry skin relief (I do however only moisturize at night time, because my face looks really greasy otherwise, I don't feel any dryness anyway so it's all good)

One thing I might add, the Oxy BP cream is total shit. It really badly absorbs into the skin and it takes forever to get away all the white cream on my face. So I can't really use it that well and go about my day. Really looking forward to getting my new shipment of dans bp gel. It does however seem to keep my acne at bay, so it has been an alright substitute, since it is the only 2.5% bp I have been able to find in the UK.

So to the brief resume:

week 5: I had here what can only be called the week 5 breakout, read some people had experienced the same, but it wasn't all that bad really, just felt like a horrible set back at the time.

week 6: Break out gone, but got some irritating red marks from it. further clearing. Was feeling really shit at this stage, cause of all the red marks were really prominent

week 7: Got 2 zits around my chin area, the place that has agonizewd me the most through the years. These were very stubborn as well and took for ages to go away

week 8: Further clearinbg with the occasional zit. Red marks still pretty bad. Was confident enough about my clearing to use alpha hydroxy lotion not only as a spot treatment but all over my red marks.

week 9+++: I'm not even sure what week I'm in now but in general, I pretty much have a acne free face except for an occasional zit popping up, mostly on my left cheekbone which has always been a big problem as well. My red marks are fading slowly, I definetly notice the BP is slowing this down, cause when I was on B5 after being clear my redmarks went away very quickly when using AHA. I'm just so looking forward to my red marks being all gone, so I never have to think about my acne again and just forget about all the shit I have experienced.

ps: Around week 8 I suddenly got a girl friend, which I haven't had for ages because of my insecurity with my acne. She also so happens to be one the most popular girls in my University (no joke). Only thing she is not aware of the lenght I go to keep my face clear, so it has been hard to do stuff with her in the spur of the moment when using that shitty Oxy cream which leaves me with alot of residue on my face.

Thanks to Dan and all the people on this site I am getting back to a normal life and not worrying about my acne. I will be updating more the next few weeks how things are going and if I'm still clear.

Acne.org I owe you a big one!!!!!!