Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pasquinade

Non-abrasive exfoliation for dark spots & large pores

I'm new here, but I've lurked for a few months and with the help of the boards I've found a solution to my hyperpigmentation and large pore problems. I'm a 30-yr-old African-American woman, and acne and the inevitable dark spots have been a problem for me since I was about 13. The acne is pretty much under control, except the monthly hormonal flareups, but I still have large pores on my nose and cheek area. I've done a few lactic peels, but wasn't really happy the results, then I ran across facegum.com. I've been using it for the past 2 weeks and this week the compliments have been nonstop. My mother, my biggest and most vocal critic, actually asked me if I was pregnant because my skin is "radiant". The product was only $19 so I wasn't expecting much but I couldn't be happier and I just had to share my good news.

The dark spots are still here, but are at least 50% lighter than before the facegum. Although to be fair it's probably not just the one product, so here's a list of everything I've been using on for the past several weeks:

40% lactic peel - 1x/wk (I only ordered the sample sz and I'm almost out -not impressed enought to re-order)

giveme5 facegum - 2x/wk (new addition)

honey mask - 1x/wk

Neutrogena Deep Clean facial cloths - 2x/day

Oil of Olay toner - 2x/day

Raiza cream - every night (another fav product)

Black Opal sunscreen spf15 - every morning

I've never been this diligent with my skin and so far it's paying off :D/