Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cd500

Which [clear] sunblock to use whilst on accutane?

Hi,

As per subject, can any one recommend any sunblocks with appropriate SPF to use whilst on accutane?

I currently have a SPF 30 but it leaves a heavy white colour on my 'tanned' skin.

I was preferably looking for a clear sunblock with moisturise combined.

What do you guys do- moisturise and then sunblock?

Thanks.

Hi,

As per subject, can any one recommend any sunblocks with appropriate SPF to use whilst on accutane?

I currently have a SPF 30 but it leaves a heavy white colour on my 'tanned' skin.

I was preferably looking for a clear sunblock with moisturise combined.

What do you guys do- moisturise and then sunblock?

Thanks.

I use La Roche Posay Fluide Extreme Oil Free SPF 60 sunblock - it is the best u can use while on Accutane - recommended by my derm and my friend's derm too!

I use Ombrelle SPF 45, also recommended by my derm.

I'm sure you already know this, but it can't be overstated: MAKE SURE TO LOAD UP ON SUNSCREEN WHILE ON ACCUTANE. I got a nasty burn on my nose that was peeling for 3weeks.

Are both of the above mentioned sunblocks clear when they are put on?

I think that is the main concern for me. Probably wouldn;t be so bad if I was out on the beach everyday, but hey I've got to lead a normal life for the large part!

Yeah, i made the mistake of not using enough sunblock when i had the acid peels- and it pigments the skin for many many months- only just starting to fade out now.

My skin wouldn;t be so bad if it weren't for the red marks and brown patches- makes the acne look much worst than it probably is. Oh - as well as the oily skin too!

Thanks for the replies.

I used neutrogena's dry touch spf 30 facial sunblock. It went on clear even after my florida tan last year. Worked great while I was down there and on accutane. best of luck

Thanks again for the replies..

I seem to be having trouble sourcing the mentioned products here in the UK. I think Garnier do a clear protect SPF 30- may go for that.