Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
juliet4181

roaccutane 1st week

hello everyone its the first time i have posted a new thread, im 36 and from the u.k. i have had acne since i was 13 ish, the only time it has cleared up is when i have had my kids. after looking at other messages i realise how lucky i am. i have the acne on my chest, shoulders, back even on my arms sometimes, not on my face. but i have grown up with wearing long slevees during the hot weather lights out at bedtime etc!!!! i went to see the doctors when i was younger but nothing worked. now there is roaccutane!! razz.gif so im on the first week. i can see a slight improvement already, dry skin is just starting in small places.

my doctor says NO alcohol!!!! my god 4 months without a drink wacko.gif has anyone out there had the odd binge? and if so what are the side effects etc?

i drink every w/e. last week i got so drunk i walked home naked. duno how or why. u can get drunk but dnt drink as much as u usually do coz it enhances the effects of it!!! word of warning ther

i'd rather say u shouldnt drink not even a cup, ur on roaccutante now, sorry, but u wanna be clear =)

and yeah, havin facial acne is bad :(

I've taken accutane twice. I got really drunk around 5 times during the first course and maybe 2-3 times the second course. I never noticed any side effects, my blood tests did not reveal any problems. I didn't drink every day or weekend and usually limited myself to a couple drinks, other then the times I got hammered. I wouldn't recommend it though because you are taking a chance with your health, I was young and in college so it was hard to get away from drinking.

My derm told me a maximum of 3 standard drinks per night, but I am a male, so for a female this would probably be 1.5-2. Considering a schooner/pint of beer is about 1.5 standard drinks, it's not even worth having one.