Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh my gosh, I'm turning 23 in an hour and my acne is the worst its been in years. I truly do not understand. I alway's do all the things they say acne sufferers should do: change pillowcases frequently, wash face two times daily, keep hands away from face, etc. I workout frequently and eat very healthy but I keep breaking out cry.gif

Today I even turned down a date with one of the most beautiful girls i've ever seen because I didn't want her to see me this way. Usually, I just have mild acne so its barely noticable, especially with a little scruff grown out. These past two weeks or so though I've gone from mild to moderate acne. What the hell, I haven't changed a thing. I've even cut down on my partying alot this summer in hopes that it would help. The worst thing about acne to me is that its THE ONLY thing I don't like about myself. Not to sound cocky or brag, but I love my body, my looks, my life, my car, my job, etc. Everything in my life is wonderful except this stubborn as heck acne.

I went to a new derm a few weeks ago in hopes of some new miracle pill to take or what not, but he proceeded to try and write me a prescription for minocycline. I told him no, don't even bother, i've tried that stuff many times without it working. I've also taken accutane THREE times, yes three times. I really don't want to have to go on a fourth but I just might have to if this continues. The derm mentioned smoothbeam laser and said im a good candidate for it because my acne is only "mild". I was all excited until I came on here and researched it and pretty much everyone said it didnt work cry.gif

I got so fed up yesterday that I went into a health store and asked for some advice. The guy recommended this Mychelle cranberry cleanser that im trying. I also picked up some tea trea oil and some aloe vera to try. I'm praying this helps, I leave for vacation in five days to see some old friends, I don't want to look like this. Sorry for the venting, I just had to get it out of me.

You would've slit your wrists by now if you were me.

However, I do understand your pain. I'm not saying this in a gay way, but you're a really nice looking guy, and the acne is just taking away from that. You have a lot going for you, more than I could ever dream of, but that damn acne is just ridiculously agitating you. You have a great body, just like me, but what the hell does it matter if our faces aren't up to par. I mean, YOU could still get dates, unlike myself, but heck, if you go out on a date, you'll probably constantly be thinking about how your acne looks.

Sucks.

Other than acne, it looks like you're doing everything right. look at your body man.. how many girls are gonna care if you have a few spots on your face when you're ripped like that?

i want one of those too! thanks for encouraging me to hit the gym more often. =]

You would've slit your wrists by now if you were me.

However, I do understand your pain. I'm not saying this in a gay way, but you're a really nice looking guy, and the acne is just taking away from that. You have a lot going for you, more than I could ever dream of, but that damn acne is just ridiculously agitating you. You have a great body, just like me, but what the hell does it matter if our faces aren't up to par. I mean, YOU could still get dates, unlike myself, but heck, if you go out on a date, you'll probably constantly be thinking about how your acne looks.

Sucks.

Other than acne, it looks like you're doing everything right. look at your body man.. how many girls are gonna care if you have a few spots on your face when you're ripped like that?

i want one of those too! thanks for encouraging me to hit the gym more often. =]

My looks blow this guys away and I have scars worse then Gottabejuicedson. I get it maybe once every 3 years. I doubt I would ever get it anywere but by meeting some total scary sluts on the beach, and that is only because my body is olympic caliber.

People are utterly shallow. More power to them, they are all cattle to me.

He is a really good looking guy, for his sake he should consider glycolic acid. Its weird though, cause I pretty much gave up on women years ago. Now I can either buy a whore or a mail order bride. Not a real relationshipe, but that is what it come too sooner or later.

He has already tried accutane. So I don't really know what to tell him, glycolic acid always worked really well for me. I didn't find it until I was like 20 and most the damage had been done.

Ironic how the doctors allow your face to end up scarred before they will get you on Accutane.

He may need to use Accutane in high doses for 5 months. He sounds like his skin has the potential to get horribly considering he has already used accutane 3-4 times.

For the record I have had sex with models. I am very picky...yet my face is scarred worse then gottabejuicedson. My body on the other hand is like I said, somewhat shocking, I am capable of bench pressing 410 lbs, and squatting over 630 lbs, at 4% bodyfat.

Hell its some kind of weird family curse honestly.

If his acne gets worse he will never want to leave the house.

What I am really trying to say is that, sure my body is something I have trained at an olympic level for about 6 years. For the last month I have started again. I was close to setting some records in powerlifting, so I more or less scared the shit out of women. Because having the scars, and having the muscularity and strength freaks women the fuck out.

Bottom line it really doesn't matter if you have a body if you have scars.

On the other hand I was literally hanging out at the beach all day long in Hawaii, and at times sure I had sex with some women that were as beautiful as any women I had ever seen.

The problem is that I believe they were complete sluts.

Also, now that I went back east, everyone is always heavily clothed, so all they see is my face. Bottom line is that I haven't even sensed that a women has had the slightest interest in me, and I literally haven't SPOKEN to ANY women in 8 months. I know that the odds are that I won't get laid in the next 10 years if I stay here. I am not kidding my skin is that bad, and the only reason I am not a virgin at age 27 is because the only women who ever wanted me wanted my body, and were sluts. (major sluts)

I don't mean to hog the thread, but its all about looks and money. Women are so shallow that even like this guy that started this thread they would shun if he had a few zits.

(just trying to make him feel better)

Yeah, you should'nt have to tell people you're so caring and helpful, they should realise that themselves.

Anyway, maybe your acne is life's way of telling you "you can't have it all".

You should sell your car, then maybe your acne will go away.

Have you tried the Regimen? you really should. Don't fuck around with health-store cleansers, they'll do nothing or break you out more.

Oh my gosh, I'm turning 23 in an hour and my acne is the worst its been in years. I truly do not understand. I alway's do all the things they say acne sufferers should do: change pillowcases frequently, wash face two times daily, keep hands away from face, etc. I workout frequently and eat very healthy but I keep breaking out cry.gif

Today I even turned down a date with one of the most beautiful girls i've ever seen because I didn't want her to see me this way. Usually, I just have mild acne so its barely noticable, especially with a little scruff grown out. These past two weeks or so though I've gone from mild to moderate acne. What the hell, I haven't changed a thing. I've even cut down on my partying alot this summer in hopes that it would help. The worst thing about acne to me is that its THE ONLY thing I don't like about myself. Not to sound cocky or brag, but I love my body, my looks, my life, my car, my job, etc. Everything in my life is wonderful except this stubborn as heck acne.

I went to a new derm a few weeks ago in hopes of some new miracle pill to take or what not, but he proceeded to try and write me a prescription for minocycline. I told him no, don't even bother, i've tried that stuff many times without it working. I've also taken accutane THREE times, yes three times. I really don't want to have to go on a fourth but I just might have to if this continues. The derm mentioned smoothbeam laser and said im a good candidate for it because my acne is only "mild". I was all excited until I came on here and researched it and pretty much everyone said it didnt work cry.gif

I got so fed up yesterday that I went into a health store and asked for some advice. The guy recommended this Mychelle cranberry cleanser that im trying. I also picked up some tea trea oil and some aloe vera to try. I'm praying this helps, I leave for vacation in five days to see some old friends, I don't want to look like this. Sorry for the venting, I just had to get it out of me.

On a side note, I can tell your acne is obviously alot worse than mine. I just wanted to tell you that I wish the best for you. Ever since I was a child, I've always wanted to help people. I've always been that kid that people have looked up to because of my performance in sports, the girls ive dated, and my looks. You would think someone like this would be all about themselves but I always want to help people.

You're good looking and don't just look out for mumber one........you want a medal for that or something ?!!!

It's like ........i'm so good looking i shouldn't care about unfortunate people.......but i do.......amazing arn't i... !!!

have you seen Zoolander ? !!

Maury: Go back home? You're overreacting.

Derek: I want to do something meaningful with my life Maury. I have deeper thoughts on my mind. The other day I was thinking about volunteering to help teach underpriviledged children to learn how to read. And just thinking about it was the most rewarding experience I've ever had.

Maury: Derek, I don't think you're cut out for that kind of thing.

Derek: I mean, maybe I could even have my own institute. We could call it the Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read......... Good.

.......................................................................................................................

Telling people that you are a caring person 'even though' you are 'good looking and have a great life' .........i think is very patronising.

Not trying to make you feel rotten....it's just you don't need to tell people you are nice.....just be nice ( which i'm sure you are ) and they will see it for themselves.

I have to admit, when I first read your reply, I was like "what an asshole". I thought about it for awhile and you know what, it made sense. I truly am a nice person, I guess the way I worded it to the guy I responded to did sound patronising. I'm very sorry for that. Thanks man for letting me realize that.

My looks blow this guys away and I have scars worse then Gottabejuicedson. I get it maybe once every 3 years. I doubt I would ever get it anywere but by meeting some total scary sluts on the beach, and that is only because my body is olympic caliber.

People are utterly shallow. More power to them, they are all cattle to me.

He is a really good looking guy, for his sake he should consider glycolic acid. Its weird though, cause I pretty much gave up on women years ago. Now I can either buy a whore or a mail order bride. Not a real relationshipe, but that is what it come too sooner or later.

He has already tried accutane. So I don't really know what to tell him, glycolic acid always worked really well for me. I didn't find it until I was like 20 and most the damage had been done.

Ironic how the doctors allow your face to end up scarred before they will get you on Accutane.

He may need to use Accutane in high doses for 5 months. He sounds like his skin has the potential to get horribly considering he has already used accutane 3-4 times.

For the record I have had sex with models. I am very picky...yet my face is scarred worse then gottabejuicedson. My body on the other hand is like I said, somewhat shocking, I am capable of bench pressing 410 lbs, and squatting over 630 lbs, at 4% bodyfat.

Hell its some kind of weird family curse honestly.

If his acne gets worse he will never want to leave the house.

Also, just so you know, even though it sounds like I have horrible skin since i've done accutane 3 or 4 times, I've luckily came out of all of this with hardly any scarring. When my acne is mild, which it usually is, you can't really tell i had acne in the past.

Gotta be juiced, you do know that steriods can cause acne right?

Ok I just read all your comments, all I gotta say is wow, some good, some bad, I'll try to answer all of your comments.

I had to answer this one first. Steroids? Are you kidding me? Someone is crazy to try roids that already has bad acne in the first place, why would I try steroids when I know it would just get alot worse? Come on, I've been lifting weights on and off since I was 16. Yeah I'm decent sized, 6 foot 195lbs, but you would know if I was juiced. I would be ALOT bigger and alot more vascular. Yeah i'll admit I have thought about steroids before but there is no way I'd do them because a side effect of them is bad acne and ton of other bad stuff. No thanks. I'll go the natural approach.

Yeah dude;

I just got out of the gym, doing bent rows. Some old lady with huge tits was dripping wet watching me. (from a distance of course) She came over later and then saw my face, and more or less looked at in like a it was a train wreck, shook her head and then walked away.

Don't get scarring or your life will be over buddy trust me, your body won't do anything for you.

People just think I am some punk that does steroids and that is why my face is all messed up.

Its all a game to me really though.

Now offense, I thought you were skinny from the first picture you sent. I wouldn't have written that if I had seen your body the way it is now.

You have to realize that getting ripped is just a matter of dieting and using a thermogenic such as ephedrine.

That said I have never been under 6% bodyfat without ephedrine, or synephrine.

I got my diet from a state champion bodybuilder, he was a training partner with a top IFBB pro. These guys know what they are doing. Its all chemical, natural or not. Lots of naturals have gotten to under 4% bodyfat. For extreme mass, and being that lean you need roids.

I will be starting GH, Insulin, Roids, and IGF-1, if I can double my strenght and put on 60 lbs. I will be happy.

I had vascularity in my mid back running from my spin to my outer lats. I had it all the way across my chest, and I also had it on my obliques going to my ribcage.

Not to brag but I am just saying that I could get most people to under 4% bodyfat, within 6 months.

Still didn't get any...though

You have to realize that getting ripped is just a matter of dieting and using a thermogenic such as ephedrine.

That said I have never been under 6% bodyfat without ephedrine, or synephrine.

I got my diet from a state champion bodybuilder, he was a training partner with a top IFBB pro. These guys know what they are doing. Its all chemical, natural or not. Lots of naturals have gotten to under 4% bodyfat. For extreme mass, and being that lean you need roids.

I will be starting GH, Insulin, Roids, and IGF-1, if I can double my strenght and put on 60 lbs. I will be happy.

I had vascularity in my mid back running from my spin to my outer lats. I had it all the way across my chest, and I also had it on my obliques going to my ribcage.

Not to brag but I am just saying that I could get most people to under 4% bodyfat, within 6 months.

Still didn't get any...though