Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
youngaries

acutaine and scars

I am going to be on accutaine until the end of September, I have just about no zits at all, but I have nothing but scars along my jaw line, all you can see is the scars, I have read up on how vitamin C can help fill the scars, and the lactic acid peels etc. but my derm said that dermabrasion is the ONLY thing that can cure scars, and i shouldnt do anything while on the pill, is it safe to do so? i have almost no red spots but alot of scars and i really want them to atleast start to fade before school starts soon.

Vitamin C helps a little in producing collagen and healing wounds/scars. Dermabrasion isn't the only thing that can cure scars, and this messageboard is proof of that. You shouldn't do anything abrasive or ablative to your skin for atleast 6 months after you finish your accutane course.

Not anything really worthwhile. Maybe you could try one of those topical products - Scarzone, Mederma, or Palmer's Scar Serum (which is what I'm currently using)