Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoodyA

Boy meets girl- Girl meets boy

You know I've talked to many people about how acne can impact and change someone's life in a second. Honestly I believe there is a positive side to having acne, but when it comes to meeting and dating * head down* People say that it doesn't matter how you look, but put it this way. How in the hell! are you going to have a conversationg with a girl/boy if the first glance taken is at your appearance. Personal experience, when I reach for a girl and she doesn't talk to me I know is beacause of how I look. There is no other explanation. People say is all about the inside. How the heck can someone find out about my inside if they never gave me the chance to talk to. Their only expression was yack! get away.

So is all about looks, so ppl stop talking sh** n (P&*$&#*$#() wub.gif

Yes, looks are important but usually when I turn down a person it isn't because of how one looks it's for how they act, think, or talk.

Guest TylerD

I dunno if I agree. I have been with girls with acne. I look at girls and if they are good looking then I talk with them. Acne or not. Girls can still be hot even with acne. Now guys its a little bit different of corse. Because its not like we have nice boobs and ass and stuff haha. But I have dated alot of girls and I have had acne for along time now. Not serious but still have it. So you just have to get out there and talk to some girls. Even if they dont find you super attractive they will still talk to you. Nothing wrong with being friends. Then you add them to msn etc... build a friendly relationship and after a while it gets more serious.

"Okay, this is a pretty lame suggestion but maybe you should start a band or something. It's like you could look like the elephant man but if you play the bass, drums, or sing girls can't get enough of you."

Yeah, be a monkey and entertain the girls, while they sit there in amusement. I mean, WTH, women are great and all, but who the hell told them they are so incredibly special, that a guy has to do something extraordinary to attract them?

goody: i totally understand what u r feeling. I've tried talking to guys but the first thing they look at is my appearance. thats the first sign of rejection i get. no matter what anyone says appearance remains the biggest factor in meeting other people. i really believe that if a guy met 2 girls. one with a clear complexion and one with a scarred face, the guy will go for the clear complexion first. its just the way it is

You know I've talked to many people about how acne can impact and change someone's life in a second. Honestly I believe there is a positive side to having acne, but when it comes to meeting and dating * head down* People say that it doesn't matter how you look, but put it this way. How in the hell! are you going to have a conversationg with a girl/boy if the first glance taken is at your appearance. Personal experience, when I reach for a girl and she doesn't talk to me I know is beacause of how I look. There is no other explanation. People say is all about the inside. How the heck can someone find out about my inside if they never gave me the chance to talk to. Their only expression was yack! get away.

So is all about looks, so ppl stop talking sh** n (P&*$&#*$#() wub.gif

i agree about all the looks etc

being a teenager i know that girls always want hot guys!! they never really want someone with acne or then again scarring!!

however i think that it's just in the early days (ie late teenage days and early 20's) i'm sure that girls will look for much more than looks once they start settling down and looking for a husband. well i hope that!!

i feel the same way you do. yes i talk to girls and i have friends which are girls, they always say i'm like the nicest guy but they will never go that step further ... i know it's because of my looks, so ya just deal with it i spose!!

it's frustrating i know

and i think chicks who have acne know what we are going through and support us etc, where as chicks with perfect skin etc are not as sensitive and caring as chicks with acne, same deal for guys with and without acne.

if i never had acne and scarring then i wouldn't be the same person i am today.

i think this is all happening to us for a reason ... to make us better people!!

If your scarring is as bad as mine, trust me, it doesn't matter if the females aren't teenagers anymore. She can be 35, still not married, and longing for love, but still reject you. You just better pray you don't have scarring like me.

Through experience, I also believe that pretty much all girls want guys that are, well, human. Too bad for me, eh ?

I dunno if I agree. I have been with girls with acne. I look at girls and if they are good looking then I talk with them. Acne or not. Girls can still be hot even with acne. Now guys its a little bit different of corse. Because its not like we have nice boobs and ass and stuff haha. But I have dated alot of girls and I have had acne for along time now. Not serious but still have it. So you just have to get out there and talk to some girls. Even if they dont find you super attractive they will still talk to you. Nothing wrong with being friends. Then you add them to msn etc... build a friendly relationship and after a while it gets more serious.

While looks are important, they are not the most important thing in determining if someone is attracted to you. I have had really bad acne for years (although it appears to be getting better) and I have still been able to bag quite a few hot girls. Looks are important only to get you in the door, the rest is up to your personality.

I do think, however, that it is harder for girls with acne to attract guys because men tend to focus more on the superficial whereas women focus more on emotion and the individual. But no matter what, do not dispair, there is always someone out there that will find you attractive, you just have to put yourself out there and be prepared to be rejected. Even the most beautiful people often get rejected, it's a part of life.

Guest TylerD

That is terrible advice unless you are 14years old.

"Here's an idea-- even though you're hopelessly in love with me going around knocking what I have to say (when it has not a clue to do with you) isn't the way to win my heart."

Sad thing is, this vanity and pride is not a joke.

And now you know why...

GoodyA I thought you were all cleared up now? Your recent pictures are amazing. You look VERY hot right now- I wouldn't mind someone who looked like you chatting me up smile.gif lol

People do tend to judge very quickly depending on your skin- .It sometimes seems like having acne means you have to have this perfect, amaxing personality to make up for your shitty skin. Oh well........You look gorgeous, you shouldn't have to worry about bad first imporessions anymore! biggrin.gif