Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoldRex

Extreme Makeover: New Orleans

Considering that the whole of metropolitan NOLA may be submerged under two dozen feet of silty storm-surge, has anybody called up the offices of John Marion Yarborough to figure out if he will be refunding deposits, etc.? I know that the hospitals aren't being evacuated (though I imagine the ground-floors will be--how horrifying), but doesn't he work in a freestanding clinic-type setting? Or does he operate his practice from a hospital?

I was going to call him tomorrow to see if they're alright. I think they may have left the city. I'm sure they would refund deposits or reschedule appts. I know he was scheduled to do 3 dermabrasions on Monday and Tuesday. I'm sure the patients have either left or are in the Superdome, if they've flown in from out of town.

I don't know why anyone would want a refund on their deposit. All they would need to do is reschedule their appointment and let the deposit stay right where it is.

I had an appointment scheduled for this Wednesday, and just canceled it via email. Since the power and phone lines are down, the office won't be able to read it anytime soon, but I sent it nonetheless.

I wouldn't worry about anything....not about appointments or deposits. This is a natural disaster and the office understands that even if they were open, patients cannot get to them. No one is allowed into NOLA right now, via flight or roadway. I called LDOT and MDOT to make sure. If you even try, you'll be turned away. Plus, the MSY airport is closed.

Considering that the whole of metropolitan NOLA may be submerged under two dozen feet of silty storm-surge, has anybody called up the offices of John Marion Yarborough to  figure out if he will be refunding deposits, etc.? I know that the hospitals aren't being evacuated (though I imagine the ground-floors will be--how horrifying), but doesn't he work in a freestanding clinic-type setting? Or does he operate his practice from a hospital?

I had a follow up appt for Thurs. morning. I tried to call twice with no luck. I'm just hoping Dr Y and all of the office staff are alright-that's the main thing. That natural disaster has devistated the city. Really bums me out to see some of the footage that has been shown. It may take months and months to get back to 'normal.'

I have my appointment scheduled next week for 20 or more punch floats but I think I will have to cancel this appointment now. It's very disappointing as I don't live in the US and only here for a short visit. I was really looking forward to the procedure. I can't get through to Dr. Y's office as the phone lines are down. I hope he may have relocated to a nearby city so I can still keep my appointment.

Does anyone here know of other doctors that perform punch floats? I live around the Midwest area and will travel to the doctor.

Thanks!

Y'know, I try not to be sassy, but L0VE, I don't know where you've been. Requesting deposit refunds sounds like a smart move to me, at this point in time.

New Orleans is being ruined, surely you know that-- and it sounds like Yarborough has been living and working there for a very long time. If I were a 72(73?) year old dermatological surgeon, I would consider shutting down my practice. Certainly all the records are gone!

Hopefully I'm wrong and will have to eat all my words; he is, after all, the man who I want to do my face. But if the clinic (or even the hospital in which he worked, I still don't know) was w/in the basin of great New Orleans, then the physical site is probably done for.

--GR

yes, it is in a hospital, a huge one at that, i'm sure the records will be okay, i hope so anyway, and i hope Dr Y and his staff are safe and well.

Not to disappoint any one who in the future is planning to have (Dr. Y) hands work on them. I was considering doing another Dermabrasion in about a year. However, Hearing the news It will take atleast 2-4 months to get things back to normal, and about a year to put all things back to normal. Because a doctor is as good as there employees, knowing that most of his employees work and live in the New Orleans area, For Dr. Y to start doing what he knows best, It would be atleast 6 months before he come back to work, not including the work back logs. So If you plan to have work performed by him make your appointments early, because I'm sure there is a lot of disappointed customers who had to hold off from coming in to town for a long while. Best of luck to you guys and Dr. Y and his staff.

I am sure Dr. Y's office will be in contact with patients (when they are able) to either reschedule or cancel. I myself have an appmt. in 2 months, so I expect if they can't keep it they will let me know. I do expect it will take many months for the city to be almost fully operational again. I am pretty heartsick about the whole thing as I went to Tulane. I do hope, though, that Dr. Y chooses to keep practicing.

Yes, I hope Dr Y and his staff are all safe! I doubt he will be back to work for a long while. I was thinking about having dermabrasion with Dr Y and I guess I will have to put it off for a long while. If he doesn't return to practice I don't think I would trust anyone else to do it.

If you have issued a deposit with Dr. Yarborough and would like a refund, I have information in regard to contacting him at his new location. Just let me know via PM and I will give it to you.

If you have an appointment scheduled but did notissue a deposit, I cannot help with that aspect. I had an appointment scheduled for tomorrow at 8:30 AM, so I am in the same boat with the "non deposit" group of patients.

Kiki