Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zxc

A cream for removing the outermost layer of skin?

Hey everybody! Once I had more pimples coming at the same place, and therefore the skin has become scarred. Therefore I wondered if there exists any useful creams, that will etch the outermost layer of the skin. In that way it could be possible to remove the scars over time, couldn't it?

So do you have any names on creams that I can buy, which could remove the scars?

Thansk in advance

Hi zxc,

Do a search on glycolic acid or TCA. These are not creams. They are acids. I imagine you can put them into a cream and call them an acid cream. Ultimately the only thing that will 'etch' your skin is a strong basic or acidic solution. And what exactly do you mean by the the 'top' layer? If you mean the epidermis then you that means alot of damage to heal from. If you mean the top layer of cells it would probably take you 15 years to fix your scars.

Aside from acids some people report results on lightly depressed scarring through the use of copper peptide creams and serums particularly from www.skinbiology.com. Alot of people don't see results though. Some of these products help exfoliate dead skin and allow penetration of copper peptides which are suppose to help produce collagen. If you haven't learn to do searches on this forum and do quite a bit of reading before you decide to do anything or waste your money. Alot of your questions can be answered by doing searches and make sure you understand how the search field works.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?act=Search&f=7#

Alot of people on this board don't like to reply to posts like this because the FAQ and a simple search answers alot of what you are asking.

Colin

Hey everybody! Once I had more pimples coming at the same place, and therefore the skin has become scarred. Therefore I wondered if there exists any useful creams, that will etch the outermost layer of the skin. In that way it could be possible to remove the scars over time, couldn't it?

So do you have any names on creams that I can buy, which could remove the scars?

Thansk in advance