Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ace

cool touch vs smoothbeam

My derm recommended cool touch laser for my acne scars. But everyone on this board seems really gung ho about the smooth beam. What are your thoughts regarding the two laser treatments.

your derm probably recommended cool touch because he/she most likely doesn't have the smoothbeam.

just my 2 cents!

N-Lite or Smoothbeam?? the before/after photos of smoothbeam seems to be better than n-lite, but i think the two lasers works in the same way: increase the collagen...but...n-lite or smoothbeam?

Check out the before and after pics on the www.cooltouch.com website. There is one pic that amazes me.

Also the results are based on how well you respond to the treatment and if you are able to generate collegen. I think if you are not able to get results with Cool Touch, it would be unlikly you can get results with the Smooth Bean and N-lite.

Cool Touch can cause burns while Nlite has not had any known side effects yet. I believe CoolTouch II is more recommended for acne scars today, but it's only been around about one year. I could only find 2 Drs using it in the NY area and one has a malpractice judgment against him for seriously harming a patient. The other said he has NO facial pics in his portfolio. He claims his patients won't allow it. Almost ALL plastic Docs have faces in their portfolios and give patients discounts to participate.

My derm recommended cool touch laser for my acne scars.  But everyone on this board seems really gung ho about the smooth beam.  What are your thoughts regarding the two laser treatments.

ace: From the information I have read on the internet from various sites, it appears that SmoothBeam is more powerful than CoolTouch.

You might want to go to a search engine such as yahoo.com and type cooltouch smoothbeam in the box - see what information comes up and check it out.

Guest niko

Smoothbeam has the strongest wavelength out of the three.