Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I just got prescribed Differin by my derm to help combat my redness and acne, so I hope this works. If not, this might turn into a Tazorac log which might turn into a PDT log doubt.gif .

So I started on Differin Friday and I'm going to use it for atleast 4-6 weeks, if it works, then longer smile.gif .

I doubt anyone will read this but whatever, it's superb.

I've been using it for a few days so I don't wanna jump the gun and all, but my face is starting to look better. The pimples I had seemed to have reduced and same with the redness and it also seems to have helped with the clogged pores. But I think it's just dead skin (like always) that is covering up the red marks. I decided that I didn't wanna use a lot of moisturizer so today was my first time using some in awhile.

Anybody used Differin and would like to hit me up with their experience?

Mos Def and Pharoahe Monch for President in '08.

So it's been a full week of Differin plus one peel, and things are starting to look up biggrin.gif , but I don't want to jinx anything. My red marks are getting to be smaller and smaller and are fading pretty well, and the Differin is also killing my active acne and stoping new guys from coming. I really hope this doesn't jinx anything as I'm trying to get pretty by October 1st (homecoming). I hope this all works out.

Current Regimen

Morning:

Wash with Basis Soap Bar

Apply moisturizer when needed

Put 10% BP on whiteheads

Apply SPF 30 sun screen

Night:

Wash with Basis Soap Bar

Apply Differin Gel to whole face + neck

Apply moisturizer when needed

I also do a 30% Glycolic Peel weekly, and I just purchased a 40% peel and 50% peel, so hopefully this all works for me eusa_pray.gif .

Mos Def and Pharoahe Monch in '08

Maaaaaan, I HATE my skin evil.gif , I wanna kick its ass.

I just realized something, and it sucks. You think your acne or red marks are really bad when they aren't and everyone says they don't look so bad but you think they are. And then your acne and red marks get really bad and then they start to get better so you're like, "my face doesn't look that bad today." But, it only looks better to you, but other people still see it as severe, it sucks, I'm sad cry.gif .

So I have been using Differin for 9 days plus a peel last week, and well, I hate my skin. I realized that sunlight makes my skin look best. Like, I went outside and brought a mirror and looked at my face and it looked the best. It looks second best in my bathroom mirror. But in the car mirror, where I guess sunlight and darkness mix, it looks the worst. Red marks need to die, they're satan.

I hate how bad my skin tone looks, it's straight garbage. I hate these red marks so bad, and on top of that I have these little pin head scars. I think I would prefer the little pin head scars to the red marks, they are less noticeable and I could tell everyone I got in some manly accident *flexes guns*. My acne doesn't really bother me even. All I ever get is like closed comedones on my forehead that sometimes turn into whiteheads and then cloged poors on the sides of my cheeks. I also have some blackheads on my nose, and I will get a little cyst guy once in while, but I'm starting to get like a few now so I'm fearing the worst ninja.gif . I will also get whiteheads on my cheeks every once in awhile, but it's really not that bad. I just hate getting any form of acne on my neck, it turns me off to myself. But, I could honestly say that if it weren't for the red marks, I would probably be 15x happier with my life. Everything that pops up on my face seems to leave a red mark, and I've had some on here for 4 months.

I'm debating whether or not to wash my most serious red mark areas with soap or not, it seems like I need to because I don't feel like water would adequately remove the stuff I put on.

I'm on vacation right now but I get back tomorrow, and hopefully my new acid peels will be there, if it not, I gotta do another 30% on Tuesday doubt.gif .

I think I'm getting a digital camera so you all can see my ugly face, oh joy eusa_dance.gif !

Has anyone drastically reduced their red marks with Differin?

Ah, help me God/Allah, anybody!

MD + PM= V + VP in '08

So last night was day 14...

I'm at my dad's house so the lighting is different now, but I dunno, I guess my red marks look a little worse than the day before cry.gif . There is some dead skin on my face which I hate, but I also hate putting moisturizer on.

When I was taking a shower I looked at my feet and I noticed some bad shit, I still have tan lines left there from when I tanned over 2 months ago (I was wearing flip flops so I can see the thong lines), which means bad shit for my red marks sad.gif . I've been recently drinking lemon water and I just bought this retinoid moisturizer that helps wrinkles, something else, and age spots, so I figure it might help with red marks, it's worth a shot.

I figure that I no longer have a shot of getting a lot better by October 1st (homecoming) , so I'm shooting for December-January again doubt.gif .

Red marks suck!

I'm thinking about stopping the Glycolic Peels but I'm not sure yet, if I don't, I'm doing a 40% guy on Tuesday.

Oh well...I could be dead, right?

Michigan vs. Notre Dame game today, so GO BLUE!

And then Ohio State (Tedd Ginn is the most overrated player in college football) plays Texas at the Horse Shoe, GO LONGHORNS!...Never expected to say that before...

Hey! I'm back! I know all you Milk fans missed me...

So uh yeah, for those of you who care (aka. me) I've had school, plus, I've been depressed, and, on top of that, I've had strep throat, bitchin, right? Good news is, I got a car for my upcoming birthday eusa_dance.gif ! It's a 2001 Black Ford Escape with grey leather etc, etc.

So, in the midst of all this, I have decided to go and talk to my derm about getting a TCA peel done. I have seen a lot of positive things about it and I need something that is a bit more drastic than a glycolic peel, they're just not cuttin it. I wish I had known about the TCA peels during the beginning of the summer 'cause I could be looking a lot better, but, whatever.

So update on the Differin and everything. I did a 40% peel last Monday and did a 50% one today, and my neck is all pink right now because of the 50% peel. So anyways, I do a peel once a week and use Differin everyday. So when my mom picked me up on Friday (parents are divorced so I go to a different parent every other week) she said my faced looked a lot better, but uh, it was my mom so I don't know how truthful it was. But, I agree it did look better, but I think it was just this Retinol moisturizer I was using that was sort of covering it up doubt.gif . BUT, all in all, I would say that one of these products is working, and I'm thinking that it's probably the Differin. The Red Marks seem to be getting smaller and slightly fading but uh, I'm skeetin over the thought of the positive results I could get with a TCA Peel.

Oh, and just to let you know, I'd rather have Strep Throat for another month than red marks for another week.

I'm also thinking of applying some sun screen to my red marks and going outside to get some sun at 10-15 minutes a day for a few days, just to get a healthy look; I'm not looking to be old guy on the beach with the gold chain and speedo.

So I think I'll see the Derm probably next week and I'll let all you salivating fans know what he says about the TCA Peel. The only thing is I'm worried I can't get any heavier peels or surgery due to the fact that I still have active acne, and um, I'm not about to wait for my acne to go away so that I can get a peel, and I'm definitely NOT taking any form of Accutane.

Did you guys ever see I Want A Famous Face on MTV and they had the two twin brothers who wanted to look like Brad Pitt? I remember that they both had pretty bad acne, but one had it worse than the other, but after surgery their skin looked so much better, and that's what I want, surgery. Does anyone know of any surgery for red marks? I know there is Laser Resurfacing and V Beam and Smoothbeam, but what else?

FUCK RED MARKS (AND DARKER MARKS THAT ARE IN THE DERMIS BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE THOSE)!

Ah sweet, I got a hug! eusa_dance.gif

So, I've been using Differin for over a month, and my red marks are getting smaller and less red...well, I think. I definitely will say they're getting smaller, but I just wish they would go away! I went to the derm to talk to him about other options and to get some more Differin, and he said that we could do a combination of laser surgery and peels, which I said yes to biggrin.gif . The only bad thing is, I couldn't get an appointment for it until November 22nd doubt.gif , but atleast I'm getting it done, right? Hopefully all this will work, because I'm afraid of how long they may last.

Passed my road test today, so that means I get my license Monday cool.gif .

Red marks, GO AWAY! My skin looks so terrible at times, especially in the car doubt.gif .

I guess the positive is that I realized that I actually am attractive without the red marks, but that's without the red marks.

Deuce

hey man, differin sucks.

i used it for a couple months with antibiotics and klaron.

the differin made my face feel greasy and made everything worse.

i stopped and have just been using the klaron. seems to be working better.

I like Differin a lot shock.gif , I know, everyone seems to knock, but I like it. It has cleared up the closed comedones on my forehead and has smoothed out bumps I had and also has reduced the number of pimples I get. It also helps with red marks so to me, it's a pretty bitchin' product. It's comical cuz I saw the commercial and I was like, this shit won't work, and then the Derm gave it to me and now I'm in love with it wub.gif .

One two three, Mos Def and Talib Kweli-i-i...

So...Day like, 60? Something like that, I've got a calender in the bathroom but I don't feel like scopin' it.

So, since I have started, I would say that the Differin has been effective in reducing my red marks and making them smaller, and also helping to control my acne somewhat, but it's not a miracle product.

Side Note: O.D.ed on a bunch of pills 'cause I'm depressed so my laser surgery has been moved up to this coming Monday, which I'm excited about, but I'm just afraid that it won't work and I'll be stuck :cry: .

So anyways...I wonder if I should have switched to Tazorac or what? Somedays I feel like it's gotten better, while other days I feel like it's just the same and I think it's getting better. AH! I just hope this laser works :pray: .

Oh yeah, everyone peep The Warriors for PS2, shit is siiiick!

I was using clindapak in differin cream for 2 months.. cleared me up a bit at first and then just went back to its hellness. Now i'm using it at night again with bp followed by moisturizers nsuch (look at my siggy) but its only second day so i cant say whether its working or not yet lol ;)

so...

I got my laser done last Monday, well, I got a combination of things done last Monday. So I went to the place, filled out some forms, got some microdermabrasion done, then had this blue light on me to kill acne, then had the laser treatment done which I believe was IPL but I'm not sure :doh: , sorry, I know it's weak, I should know.

So I got these circular bruises all over from where dude shot my face with the laser and they died down and some scabbed up and now the scabs are gone and I have these pink circles on my face that are starting to fade.

The derm said I should see "significant results" in 6 weeks which is good :) , but I'm also afraid it won't work :( . I have to get 2 more of these sessions done, but the next one will be in a few months and won't be as harsh (I missed 4 days of school :mad: ).

I couldn't use my Differin so I broke out a little, even though the Blue Light was supposed to help, but I think he said it took a week, but oh well, I just want the red marks gone :evil: . Just hoping my skin will really look significantly better by 6 weeks :pray: .

A Tribe Called Quest