Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thank you for this, you are on track but you failed to stress:

1. Colon cleanse AND then most importantly

2. Liver flush

and repeat 4-6 cycles. you cannot skip either of the 2. colon cleanse is needed before and after liver flushing because most who never did colonics AFTER the liver flush broke out very badly. THis phase is to prevent u from breaking out. liver flush on the other hand serves as the primary key in curing hormonal imbalance and toxicity of blood. please click on #5 of my signature for a full detail.

even if you suspect that u have candida alone, liver flushes are still vital.

Another product you must buy is Pau D'arco or Taheebo tea which is thebest for cleansing the blood of toxins. you ought 2 drink 4 cups a day until u heal your acne

edit: i really appreciate your post kaybee. ive been wanting to do the same. i dont mean to be rude or try to put you down kaybee, just some more additional thoughts to your post:

- apple flush: why it works? it should only be PART of the BIG WHOLE colon cleanse phase and a pre-liver flush phase because its purpose is to DISSOLVE possible liver /gall stones in your body for easier exit.

- on omega 3 fatty acid: not only this. the ideal ratio of the fatty acids you should have must be 2:1, 2 parts omega 3 is to 1 part of omega 6. the best product which can balance your omega 3 and 6 FA is Udo's Choice oil blend. it also has omega 9.

- good point on coconut oil. pls continue taking coconut oil too together with udo's choice

Thanks for the input, I personally consider myself as having healed my acne. About the colon cleanse: yes, I STRONGLY believe this is critical. However, unlike all the other methods which encourage doing this quickly, I have done this over time, gradually.

Enemas are a great tool for helping colon cleansing.

Liver cleansing is also important, however, as I said previously, instead of concentrating on fast 'quick' solutions, my post was aimed at a slower, more permanent solution.

If you eat the proper foods, your liver will recover after a while. And it's also to note that liver cleansing is not mandatory to heal your acne. It helps, but I have found that there are many other aspects, such as colon cleansing which are more beneficial. And I believe in doing everything slowly.

Lastly, I do not encourage any specific brands of anything. The tea you suggested sounds like herbal tea, which as i previously stated, sounds like a temporary solution to clean out your system. But I went over this already...

Candida was a part of my acne, but I do not believe my post was biased towards that. Just because I ended with coconut oil doesn't mean that it was the most important aspect. I had to end with SOMETHING.

kaybee - i think at LEAST 4 liver flushes IS MANDATORY for MOST acne sufferers. Veteran members like Denise2, h0ppy, JC, and many others can attest to that.

MOST ACCUTANE USERS have at the very least the SLIGHTEST TOXICITY ON THEIR LIVERS. ANTIBIOTIC USERS TOO esp on their kidneys.

You cannot establish a good regime by colon cleansing alone IF your liver is not functioning well.

Agreed with the omega 3 needing to be in ratio with the other omega fats, it's just that most people already have too much omega 6 in their body.

And yes, I also agree that the apple flush is for the colon & pre-liver flush wink.gif

Also, i'm not trying to skip any steps here. I agree with the liver cleansing & colon cleansing, but where I disagree is when people state that they have to do it "x" number of times, or in "this fashion" or it won't work.

I just wanted to do a little summary and let people read up by themselves on the different parts. Going into detail would be a 54 page post and no one would read it.

forgot got to mention low stomach acids (ACV and emergenC), and lack of friendly bacteria. food allergies might play a role as well. i think liver cleansing/flushing is key to people that have changed their diet, and have done bowel cleanses and such, but still have acne afterwards. it will help balance out your hormones too, since liver is responsible for synthesizing and disposing them. just my 2 cents.

What are some good liver flushing herbs? is milk thistle tea a good choice?

Also, can a stool test tell you if you have overgrowth candida since they can see parasites in the stool?

Liver cleansing is also important, however, as I said previously, instead of concentrating on fast 'quick' solutions, my post was aimed at a slower, more permanent solution.

If you eat the proper foods, your liver will recover after a while. And it's also to note that liver cleansing is not mandatory to heal your acne. It helps, but I have found that there are many other aspects, such as colon cleansing which are more beneficial. And I believe in doing everything slowly.

Rentstuff is correct. There isn't a "slow" way to flush the liver. A liverflush is probably essential for most acne sufferers, especially if they have eaten the SAD their whole lives.

I'm not sure you understand what a flush is by your comments. A liverflush removes cholesterol stones/balls/whatever you want to call 'em that are clogging bile ducts, thus hindering bile flow. This is the cause for "hormonal" acne, as is a clogged bowel.

It took me about 7 solid months of liverflushing and colon cleansing to get and stay clear. There is nothing "quick" about that. I only flush for maintenance now, though, about once or twice a year.

Eating proper foods doesn't remove the stones or balls that clog the bile ducts. The only thing that helps break them down are malic acid and various products like Phosfood or some herbs from Julia Chang.

http://www.sensiblehealth.com/

Replacement of dental amalgam fillings should be added.

(

That's what's helped me. I can even eat normally now.

My acne is not fully gone, but more or less. It takes a long time for the mercury to leave the body (mercury seeps from amalgam, but the UK and US dentists disagree unlike the German and Swedish who agree).

)

Or just a redirection to curezone's site!

let me just add that i have notdone an official liver flush and i've managed to clear my acne. i did it through diet - eliminating all dairy, wheat, refined sugar, daily coffee and processed foods. i've dramatically increased my intake of fruits, veggies, whole foods, green tea, lemon water, etc. personally, i believe that i have slowly healed my insides. i certainly didn't just suddenly grow out of it - i'm 35 years old and suffered horrible cystic acne for years and years and years.

i supplement with a multivitamin, along with additional calcium/magnesium, vitamin c and zinc. i use coconut oil and brazil nuts when needed to attempt to stabilize my blood sugar (immediately after i eat a high glycemic meal).

i also wash daily with baking soda and use an ACV toner a couple times a week.

with these changes (mainly diet) i've experienced gradual healing. it didn't happen over 2 weeks, or even 4 weeks, or even 6. I had deep horrible cysts that took lots of TIME to heal. but gradually, patiently, i kept my discipline and it has paid off. i know what's required for me to keep my skin clear.

if i screw up and eat total crap for a week (which i've tested) - my skin will begin to blemish again.

so, just wanted to add my experience - and that i really don't believe a liver flush is critical. it certainly may speed up the process, or be the answer for someone who can't possibly imagine life without altering their diet at all. but it wasn't critical for my recovery. :)

Replacement of dental amalgam fillings should be added.

(

That's what's helped me. I can even eat normally now.

My acne is not fully gone, but more or less. It takes a long time for the mercury to leave the body (mercury seeps from amalgam, but the UK and US dentists disagree unlike the German and Swedish who agree).

)

Or just a redirection to curezone's site!

Hmmm....My acne flaired up majorly about two months after I had 10 cavities filled with amalgam fillings (I hadn't been to the dentist since I was 12. Yes, I do brush my teeth). I wanted the resin ones but my insurance wouldn't cover those. I figured the amaglam ones weren't that good for you, because of the mercury. The dentist said that the resin ones were weak anyway and that my cavaties were really deep. I probably been better off not filling my cavaties at all, it's not like they hurt or anything....

I have no plans on removing them any time soon though. That would cost way too much money....

let me just add that i have not done an official liver flush and i've managed to clear my acne. i did it through diet - eliminating all dairy, wheat, refined sugar, daily coffee and processed foods. i've dramatically increased my intake of fruits, veggies, whole foods, green tea, lemon water, etc. personally, i believe that i have slowly healed my insides. i certainly didn't just suddenly grow out of it - i'm 35 years old and suffered horrible cystic acne for years and years and years.

i supplement with a multivitamin, along with additional calcium/magnesium, vitamin c and zinc. i use coconut oil and brazil nuts when needed to attempt to stabilize my blood sugar (immediately after i eat a high glycemic meal).

with these changes (mainly diet) i've experienced gradual healing. it didn't happen over 2 weeks, or even 4 weeks, or even 6. I had deep horrible cysts that took lots of TIME to heal. but gradually, patiently, i kept my discipline and it has paid off. i know what's required for me to keep my skin clear.

if i screw up and eat total crap for a week (which i've tested) - my skin will begin to blemish again.

so, just wanted to add my experience - and that i really don't believe a liver flush is critical. it certainly may speed up the process, or be the answer for someone who can't possibly imagine life without altering their diet at all. but it wasn't critical for my recovery.

The thing though is that you want to get to the point to where you can eat whatever you want freely without breaking out. I had to eat extremely strict for years and it got to the point to where I couldn't eat anything at all.

I do eat healthy, but it's great to be able to eat Ezekiel bread or Ezekiel english muffins (gonna have one tonight). I say this because even sprouted grains broke me out terribly. Even buckwheat broke me out, and that is supposidly highly tolerable for those with gluten intolerance.

That's the whole point of flushing your liver and bowel cleansing....getting to the point that you DON'T have to so extreme in your diet and lifestyle.

I eat very healthy 80-85% of the time and I'll say this....it feels awfully darn good to eat whatever I want freely and not worry about breaking out.

Particularly after eating so strict for 14-15 years.

I'm glad that you are eating healthy and your skin is clear, but I cannot imagine going your whole life and having bad breakouts from eating a piece of cake or a sandwich. It's just not realistic, especially with a family. Eating really strict worked great until I got married and had a child. After that, it got real old to worry about preparing a meal for me, and a meal for my family, who didn't have the allergies that I had.

If the root of your acne is a clogged liver, then it's best to get them out because acne is the least of your problems if your liver has clogged bile ducts. There are other health problems that arise as well.

Hmmm....My acne flaired up majorly about two months after I had 10 cavities filled with amalgam fillings (I hadn't been to the dentist since I was 12. Yes, I do brush my teeth). I wanted the resin ones but my insurance wouldn't cover those. I figured the amaglam ones weren't that good for you, because of the mercury. The dentist said that the resin ones were weak anyway and that my cavaties were really deep. I probably been better off not filling my cavaties at all, it's not like they hurt or anything....

I have no plans on removing them any time soon though. That would cost way too much money....

I hate to tell you this but until you get them out, you have a faucet of mercury causing a constant stream of candida in your gut.

If you have 10 silver mercury amalgams, then candida may be the least of your problems. I'm not trying to scare you, but this is true. It's quite bad for your health in general.

And your acne may not clear up until you get them out.

Sorry...I know you can't afford to get them replace, but at least you'll know the REAL cause of your acne.

http://www.karlloren.com/ultrasound/p24.htm

http://www.cfspages.com/

everyone is different. that being said, i fortunately do not feel like i am on this horribly strict diet. i merely changed many of my habits. for example, instead of having a bagel with melted muenster cheese for breakfast every morning along with a big cup of coffee - i now have an apple, raisins and sunflower seeds along with a cup of green tea. i don't feel like i'm at all depriving myself. i don't mean to send the impression that i NEVER eat sugar, or wheat, etc. it just has to be kept to a pretty tight minimum. i have dessert a couple times a week (pie, cake, brownies, etc.).

perhaps i had candida and the 5-6 months of strict diet brought it under control, who knows. i also take acidolophous/bifidus daily which i believe helped rebalance things. i began it all about 10 months ago, but in the last few months have been able to relax a bit with regard to my diet.

however - i don't ever want to return to the diet i once had... even if acne wasn't a factor. i have so much more energy these days with improved mental clarity and i feel much better overall.

i have a family, two teenage daughters and a very stubborn husband who refuses to change his eating habits for the better. but instead of tossing my chicken and veggies in alfredo sauce and serving it over pasta - i'll simply eat mine plain. this all works for me. it might work not for everyone but i just wanted to send the message that there is at least one person out there in this world who cleared her acne without a liver flush! :)

i have alot of fillings too. how can you check if you have chronic mercury poisoning?

Also, if you have candida overgrowth, would that mean that you would not be able to control because you constanly get mercury in your body because of the fillings?

have alot of fillings too. how can you check if you have chronic mercury poisoning?

Also, if you have candida overgrowth, would that mean that you would not be able to control because you constanly get mercury in your body because of the fillings?

You can get a blood test to see if you have elevated mercury levels. You are correct in your second paragraph. Candida is a major factor in acne breakouts.

everyone is different. that being said, i fortunately do not feel like i am on this horribly strict diet. i merely changed many of my habits. for example, instead of having a bagel with melted muenster cheese for breakfast every morning along with a big cup of coffee - i now have an apple, raisins and sunflower seeds along with a cup of green tea. i don't feel like i'm at all depriving myself. i don't mean to send the impression that i NEVER eat sugar, or wheat, etc. it just has to be kept to a pretty tight minimum. i have dessert a couple times a week (pie, cake, brownies, etc.).

perhaps i had candida and the 5-6 months of strict diet brought it under control, who knows. i also take acidolophous/bifidus daily which i believe helped rebalance things. i began it all about 10 months ago, but in the last few months have been able to relax a bit with regard to my diet.

however - i don't ever want to return to the diet i once had... even if acne wasn't a factor. i have so much more energy these days with improved mental clarity and i feel much better overall.

i have a family, two teenage daughters and a very stubborn husband who refuses to change his eating habits for the better. but instead of tossing my chicken and veggies in alfredo sauce and serving it over pasta - i'll simply eat mine plain. this all works for me. it might work not for everyone but i just wanted to send the message that there is at least one person out there in this world who cleared her acne without a liver flush!

I'm glad to hear that you can enjoy treats and whatnot Heather. I was under the impression that you had to eat strict all the time.

Was your acne severe?

Most of us here have had severe acne and tried many things to get clear. If I could have gotten clear doing what you are doing, I would have been clear a long time ago. I ate very strict for many years and still broke out. The only time I was clear was during an intense juice fast. I tried about 25 different things (from derms and going the holistic route as well) to get clear.

But I'm glad that you got clear and can still eat treats. That's the way I eat too!!! :dance::)

It concerns me that so many young ones here on the board go so far off the deep end in terms of eating so strict to stay clear, when they can get to the root of their acne very easily. You cannot eat that strict but for so long.

Even though my post was made on august 28th, I still feel everything in there is true and accurate, 2 months later.

That being said, I would advise people to eat more fruit instead of taking psyllium husk, i get better results with fruit anyways.

Also, i ommited to talk about any physical / surface treatments that people have discussed. A lot of people have mentioned that tap water makes their skin breakout... now I really think that's far fetched unless you have truely disgusting tap water. Also, I strongly believe that a LOT of people on this forum have broken out by normal over-the-counter products. They tend to aggravate my skin like nothing else; to be honest pretty much ANYTHING commercial i would put on my skin would produce acne.

The exceptions were, and still are: water, goat milk soap, ACV, tooth paste.

Now apparently a lot of people use Dan's BP regimen and it seems to work so it's worth a mention. Unfortunately, there's no way you could convince me to put that much BP on my face on a daily basis.

What i prefer to do is steam my face, then quickly rid of the excess stuff that comes out with baking soda and use ACV as a toner. See my other post for detailed instructions on how I do it.

Also, I've been noticing a trend that indicates that probiotics on a consisten basis (ie: Denise's komchuba tea, kefir and many types of homegrown probiotics) seems to help.

Lastly, to the list of beneficial herbs, i'd like to mention that MSM is great for balancing hormones (and do other things) helps immensely.

ps. As mentioned in other posts, if you do a 'flush', it's procedure which often requires you to follow a procedure (ie: apple flush, liver flush ) and does not go along the 'gradual food eating' way i previously mentioned. I thought this was obvious but apparently some people are always trying something wrong in what you say.

i found this info on kombucha.

Although rare, serious health problems have been reported and attributed to drinking or preparing Kombucha. Reports of adverse reactions include liver damage, metabolic acidosis, cutaneous anthrax infections, and death. This happens if the vessel used for preparation contains lead glazing, or if the drink becomes contaminated and grows mould during fermentation; it can be avoided by ensuring cleanliness during preparation.

i have alot of fillings too. how can you check if you have chronic mercury poisoning?

Apparently the blood and hair tests aren't that accurate, it all depends what "stage" your in. My advise to you would be to search the web for information. Amalgam / Mercury poisoning has heavily affected me. I think it may be ok for some people, but my body doesn't seem to be that effective in getting the mercury out of my body.

If you do a series of liver flushes and your acne still isn't gone I would seriously look at mercury poisoning. The whole subject is a bit of a taboo in the US and UK. If you have got mercury poisoning, I hope you're either Swedish or German!

I got mine out (I'm British) but hardly anyone would believe me. A few doctors said there was a "chance". I had three replaced and it cost me £60 per tooth. To remove 10 I would recommend go to a special dentist that deals in that kind of thing. Mercury can seep into the body when the fillings are being removed.

Again, do some research and see what you think. I'm think some people can deal with the mercury in their body. But I know I couldn't.

No sure if I misread this but you can't eat a bunch of simple carbs and then eat a lipid the next day and expect any kind of effect on stabalizing blood sugar. That kind of thing needs to happen within a very short period.

Also exercise. Holistic also means exercise. I'm willing to bet my life that 90% of the population doesn't exercise the MINIMUM 30 min a day 5 days a week. That is 30 minutes of constant increased heartrate and this is minimum mind you. Be realistsic with yourself and see if you really get at least 2-3 hours of moderate and above exercise a week and ideally a lot more.

let me just add that i have not done an official liver flush and i've managed to clear my acne. i did it through diet - eliminating all dairy, wheat, refined sugar, daily coffee and processed foods. i've dramatically increased my intake of fruits, veggies, whole foods, green tea, lemon water, etc. personally, i believe that i have slowly healed my insides. i certainly didn't just suddenly grow out of it - i'm 35 years old and suffered horrible cystic acne for years and years and years.

so, just wanted to add my experience - and that i really don't believe a liver flush is critical. it certainly may speed up the process, or be the answer for someone who can't possibly imagine life without altering their diet at all. but it wasn't critical for my recovery.

The thing though is that you want to get to the point to where you can eat whatever you want freely without breaking out. I had to eat extremely strict for years and it got to the point to where I couldn't eat anything at all.

I do eat healthy, but it's great to be able to eat Ezekiel bread or Ezekiel english muffins (gonna have one tonight). I say this because even sprouted grains broke me out terribly. Even buckwheat broke me out, and that is supposidly highly tolerable for those with gluten intolerance.

That's the whole point of flushing your liver and bowel cleansing....getting to the point that you DON'T have to so extreme in your diet and lifestyle.

I eat very healthy 80-85% of the time and I'll say this....it feels awfully darn good to eat whatever I want freely and not worry about breaking out.

Particularly after eating so strict for 14-15 years.

I'm glad that you are eating healthy and your skin is clear, but I cannot imagine going your whole life and having bad breakouts from eating a piece of cake or a sandwich. It's just not realistic, especially with a family. Eating really strict worked great until I got married and had a child. After that, it got real old to worry about preparing a meal for me, and a meal for my family, who didn't have the allergies that I had.

If the root of your acne is a clogged liver, then it's best to get them out because acne is the least of your problems if your liver has clogged bile ducts. There are other health problems that arise as well.

I hate to tell you this but until you get them out, you have a faucet of mercury causing a constant stream of candida in your gut.

If you have 10 silver mercury amalgams, then candida may be the least of your problems. I'm not trying to scare you, but this is true. It's quite bad for your health in general.

And your acne may not clear up until you get them out.

Sorry...I know you can't afford to get them replace, but at least you'll know the REAL cause of your acne.

http://www.karlloren.com/ultrasound/p24.htm

http://www.cfspages.com/

I cannot have them removed. It will cost about 4000$. I make good money and that's still way too much. I am not willing to spend that kind of money on my physical appearance. (I have 13 fillings in total, three I had as a child). If I had mercury poisining, I'm assuming I'd be sick. I'm not. I do have some annoying things, like hearburn and canker sores, but I've had those shince childhood (even before fillings). Nothing's different since I got those fillings last summer, except the acne thing.....and it was also really hot last summer and my acne flairs up big time when it's hot or humid....

So according to those websites I'm fucked until I remove them.....well I'm glad to know that.

Now I won't have to be so paranoid that something I eat might give me acne. Acne is the least of my problems if I'm gonna die of mercury poisioning.....

I'm using some topical stuff that I got from a derm (yup I broke down and actually went to one, I needed something that worked fast cuz this shit was starting to scar.) The stuff is working really well (topical retanoid). So at least I won't have cystic acne while I'm dying of mercury poisioning and a systemic yeast infection....

By the way my spit test is negative every time I do it....I just can't get those string things.....