Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Stefy*

Starting again with BP

Well, last time I wrote here I was doing a regimen with both AHA and BP. Then stopped the AHA because I thought it was breaking me out, and went on just with BP. I had to stop it because my face was soooo dry I couldn't even open my mouth...and I did moistuize.

At the moment I'm doing a SA regimen....and I'm breaking out...my face has never been worst....so, I know I have to start carefully, because the last time BP driet oput my skin, and now my question is:

Should I use a REALLY small amount of BP (and follow with moisturizer) both morning and evening (like 1/6 finger) OR should I use a bit more BP (like 1/3 or 1/4) just in the evening and the moisturize???

Please I really need your help....Brandy, Dan, or anyone else...please, I'm quite hopeless at the moment.

First off, give your skin ample time to recooperate from the salicylic acid. Probably about 3-4 days of just washing. Im no expert, but I feel the only way your going to get used to bp is to go through at least a little bit of dryness. Start out light but use enough to cover the acne prone areas. I would recommend morning and night application, as i think this will help you get out of the dryness phase quicker. Moisturize a ton, and when i say a ton, i mean a ton. Hope this helps,

Tyler

I'm going to restart the Regime too (mixing BP and AHA on my skin destroyed it!!). Except this time I'm going to use a more moisturizing cleanser, I think people should try doing that and it will help. What are you using? I bought Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and Aveeno Ultra-Calming cleanser (the Aveeno is less moisturizing so I'll probably switch off depending on how my skin is doing). I think you should try twice a day but just a thin layer, not too much.

Should I use a REALLY small amount of BP (and follow with moisturizer) both morning and evening (like 1/6 finger) OR should I use a bit more BP (like 1/3 or 1/4) just in the evening and the moisturize???

I highly suggest starting off with low amount of Bp First. My neck area, ( which i never before have applied Bp) Once i applied it to the neck area it caused irritation and i broke out all over my neck. Once i stopped rubbing it on my neck the acne went away.

I highly suggest first starting off with half a finger. Maybe once at night.. then 2 weeks later, do half a finger in the morning and at night. Every 2 weeks increase the dosage by half a finger. Do this until you've reached the 1 1/2 - 2 finger amount. Once you have cleared up do the reverse. Good luck and i really hope you become clear soon.

First of all, thank you really much for your replies.

I'm using the cleanser that my derm gave me....but I feel it's too drying, because it's an anti-bacterial...and in Italy where I live, I can't fine ANY of the cleanser that Dan suggested.

About this problem, would be wrong if I use a regular soap (like Dove) that moisturize and clease, or I HAVE TO use an anti-bacterial cleanser?

Thanks,

Stefy

First of all, thank you really much for your replies.

I'm using the cleanser that my derm gave me....but I feel it's too drying, because it's an anti-bacterial...and in Italy where I live, I can't fine ANY of the cleanser that Dan suggested.

About this problem, would be wrong if I use a regular soap (like Dove) that moisturize and clease, or I HAVE TO use an anti-bacterial cleanser?

Thanks,

Stefy

I don't think ith as to be antibacterial, since the bp gel kills acne anyway. I think it's probably more important to find a cleanser that makes your skin feel comfortable and not dried out. You want the least irritation possible! I'd say anything that makes your skin not feel dry or oily after you wash it, you should stick with. And of course should say it's gentle on it.

Thanks really much!

This evening I washed with my derm's cleanser and then BP and sfter that I moisturized.... as I put the moisturized my skin began to stinging and "burning" a little...it also became all red....then it calmed down and now it's not red anymore...but it still feels iching...

Hope all that will stop eventually...

Stefy