Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lance

Ok here goes nothing

hey, i'm an israeli guy struggling with acne since age 16 for 7 years now.

tried everything, poisoned my body with antibiotics (2 treatments of Roaccutan (Accuttan in US i think), 3 years (!) of Minocyclin) - it worked. But not completely and not for a long time. Right now i'm about 2 months antibiotics-free, seems like acne is about to reappear. I got several topical treatment medicines from my doctor, one of which is BP10. Today I found your site (great idea, way to go), and decided to give the regimen a shot.

Although i hafta admit, i'm afraid of the redness (my face's basic reaction to pretty much everything..), and i'm afraid the supplies i can find here in IL might be different and less effective.

but what's important is this:

- how much time do you have to give the regimen before you see the results and in general: when can you stop?

- is it ok to start using it once a day, at night? i might wanna go easy on my face at the beginning..

- another thing: anyone familiar with the TRETINOIN 0.05%?

thanx guys! biggrin.gif

hi and welcome to the forum.

tretinoin is Retin-A, it's usually prescribed for night-time use. The Regimen does not use any Retin-A.

If you are going to do the Regimen, you will need a low-percentage benzoyl peroxide 2.5%. The 10% your doc gave you will probably make you red/dry/irritated. But using it once a day might be okay, if that is all you have. You need to find a good moisturizer that is oil-free non-comedogenic,and preferably has some sunscreen in it (spf).

Give the Regimen a full 3 months of strict use before deciding if it is working or not. You might check out Dan's "what to expect" section, he gives a timeline of usual progress.

As for when to stop the Regimen, well, whenever you grow out of acne is usually the answer. The Regimen is not a cure, but a treatment.

Good luck and post back with any other questions you have.

Thanx for the info biggrin.gif

I'm getting BP2.5% tomorrow, and gonna start the treatment.

i have a clear&clean's oil-free moisturizer. (no need for sunscreen, i don't expose my face to the sun much).

question:

can i use my Johnson's PH5.5 facial wash as a cleanser?

Thanx for the info biggrin.gif

I'm getting BP2.5% tomorrow, and gonna start the treatment.

i have a clear&clean's oil-free moisturizer. (no need for sunscreen, i don't expose my face to the sun much).

question:

can i use my Johnson's PH5.5 facial wash as a cleanser?

I am not familiar with that cleanser, but if it is gentle (no scrubby things), and oil-free and non-medicated, then it should be okay.

Good luck!!

Johnson's ph5.5 facial wash:

ingredients:

aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamide DEA, sodium lauroamphoacetate, PEG-7 glycerin cocoate, citris acid, cocamido-propilamine oxide, methyldibromo glutaronitrile, phenoxyethanol, tetrasodium EDTA, panthenol, sodium citrate, glycol distearate, laureth-10, cocamide MEA, benzoic acid, propylene glycol, PEG-55, oleate, parfum.

god that took me forever..

so what do u think? it's not a cleanser, but it really cleans the skin perfectly. what more does it do, i donno, but caused me no problems til now.

PS (to RomanI):

yeah it's damn hot in here!!:)

but i try to avoid the sun..

boy i miss that perfect ukrainian climate i left behind:)

Johnson's ph5.5 facial wash:

ingredients:

aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamide DEA, sodium lauroamphoacetate, PEG-7 glycerin cocoate, citris acid, cocamido-propilamine oxide, methyldibromo glutaronitrile, phenoxyethanol, tetrasodium EDTA, panthenol, sodium citrate, glycol distearate, laureth-10, cocamide MEA, benzoic acid, propylene glycol, PEG-55, oleate, parfum.

god that took me forever..

so what do u think? it's not a cleanser, but it really cleans the skin perfectly. what more does it do, i donno, but caused me no problems til now.

PS (to RomanI):

yeah it's damn hot in here!!:)

but i try to avoid the sun..

boy i miss that perfect ukrainian climate i left behind:)

Wish i could follow your steps, Roman, and get into Canada eventually, coz, well, it sux here:)

i was born in Uman, in the central part, nice quiet little town, came to Israel when i was 16, now i live in Acre, at the north..

and the ukrainian climate is flawless. not like in here - summer all year long..

(is it possible to reply here to a certain person? without everyone seeing?)

P.S. it doesn't say on the Johnson's that it's non-comedogenic or oil-free or non-overdrying:(... guess i'll hafta search for one that does..

cheers biggrin.gif

Wish i could follow your steps, Roman, and get into Canada eventually, coz, well, it sux here:)

i was born in Uman, in the central part, nice quiet little town, came to Israel when i was 16, now i live in Acre, at the north..

and the ukrainian climate is flawless. not like in here - summer all year long..

(is it possible to reply here to a certain person? without everyone seeing?)

P.S. it doesn't say on the Johnson's that it's non-comedogenic or oil-free or non-overdrying:(... guess i'll hafta search for one that does.. 

cheers biggrin.gif

Today i start the regimen.

Got alternative cleanser and moisturizer. what can i do, i don't live in the US, so i hafta settle for local medicines and pray it will work..

i got the 5% BP (they don't have 2.5% here, that's unlucky too)

hope it won't burn my face much..(btw, is there much difference between 2.5 and 5%?)

wish me luck..

P.S. god, i wish i could just shut down for these couple of weeks and not see anybody, but my friends don't really understand... actually, nobody does, it seems wierd to them..

PP.S. ppl taking tane, don't forget, it damages your liver, don't go for it more then two times, unless there's no other choice..

peace eusa_hand.gif

Today i start the regimen.

Got alternative cleanser and moisturizer. what can i do, i don't live in the US, so i hafta settle for local medicines and pray it will work..

i got the 5% BP (they don't have 2.5% here, that's unlucky too)

hope it won't burn my face much..(btw, is there much difference between 2.5 and 5%?)

wish me luck..

P.S. god, i wish i could just shut down for these couple of weeks and not see anybody, but my friends don't really understand... actually, nobody does, it seems wierd to them..

PP.S. ppl taking tane, don't forget, it damages your liver, don't go for it more then two times, unless there's no other choice..

peace eusa_hand.gif

thanx Roman mate:)

ok, Roman, couple of things.

1) i'm not sure he sells worldwide, how do u order? how do u get it?

i'm a little unsure about this..

2) u awoke on the 6th day and what suddenly went away? the acne? or the redness?

3)today i searched for appropriate cleanser and moisturizer, didn't find anything that combined all of the requirements. some where oil-free, some hypoalergenic, but not together. i'm so upset coz i haven't found the AHA, and nothing non-comedogenic. in fact i had to explain those stupid pharmacists what it meant!!

so i got the cleanser and moisturizer made by "Sebocalm", i don't think u r familiar with that, but i used to have their moisturizer and it wasn't bad at all. it's hypoallergenic, contains aloe-vera, stearic acid (heard it's good).

but buying their cleanser may be was a mistake. i tried it now, and it feels like it can't be washed away with water, too creamy.. now i see it contains some plants' oils, maybe coz of that..

i think i'm still gonna use the johnson's facial wash, hope it won't let me down...

anyway, i fell so lost in all this, and unsure..

tho the pharmacists were in shock when i went in declaring what active ingredients i need hehe:)

luckily i found this site and u ppl..

thanx Roman mate:)

ok, Roman, couple of things.

1) i'm not sure he sells worldwide, how do u order? how do u get it?

i'm a little unsure about this..

2) u awoke on the 6th day and what suddenly went away? the acne? or the redness?

3)today i searched for appropriate cleanser and moisturizer, didn't find anything that combined all of the requirements. some where oil-free, some hypoalergenic, but not together. i'm so upset coz i haven't found the AHA, and nothing non-comedogenic. in fact i had to explain those stupid pharmacists what it meant!!

so i got the cleanser and moisturizer made by "Sebocalm", i don't think u r familiar with that, but i used to have their moisturizer and it wasn't bad at all. it's hypoallergenic, contains aloe-vera, stearic acid (heard it's good).

but buying their cleanser may be was a mistake. i tried it now, and it feels like it can't be washed away with water, too creamy.. now i see it contains some plants' oils, maybe coz of that..

i think i'm still gonna use the johnson's facial wash, hope it won't let me down...

anyway, i fell so lost in all this, and unsure..

tho the pharmacists were in shock when i went in declaring what active ingredients i need hehe:)

luckily i found this site and u ppl..

ok.. how much does the delivery cost if it's outside the US?

it says nothing about that, i wanna be sure be4 i give him my credit card..

about the AHA, got ya.

gonna find it, but use later, after i get used to the bp.

is Neutrogena a name of a brand?

so far (locally) i haven't found it. gonna search in the center of the country..

my acne condition is mild. but it's getting worse every day.. it's mostly red skin around my nose, aggravated from inside somehow.. couple of whiteheads, that's it.

it's not that noticable but still pisses me off coz it's stubborn, and won't leave after i tried EVERYTHING.. besides, i got pretty obsessed with it over the years and it's a big deal for me if it comes back.

actually, i have had a normal life only before i got it and after the accutane for two months when i thought it went away, now i'm getting the same depression i got at school before the tane.. and it sux..

ok.. how much does the delivery cost if it's outside the US?

it says nothing about that, i wanna be sure be4 i give him my credit card..

about the AHA, got ya.

gonna find it, but use later, after i get used to the bp.

is Neutrogena a name of a brand?

so far (locally) i haven't found it. gonna search in the center of the country..

my acne condition is mild. but it's getting worse every day.. it's mostly red skin around my nose, aggravated from inside somehow.. couple of whiteheads, that's it.

it's not that noticable but still pisses me off coz it's stubborn, and won't leave after i tried EVERYTHING.. besides, i got pretty obsessed with it over the years and it's a big deal for me if it comes back.

actually, i have had a normal life only before i got it and after the accutane for two months when i thought it went away, now i'm getting the same depression i got at school before the tane.. and it sux..