Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
namrobi

Back from my Exoderm!

Hi everyone!

Well I'm back from San Diego and it's been 3 days since I took off my mask and my face is really really red. I did buy camoflage makeup but that doesn't help at all. But overall I'm very happy so far. I can still see my scars but it not as deep as before and Dr. Rullan told me that my scars should fill in even more within the coming months. At first when i took off my mask, I was a bit discourage because it seemed as if my scars were redder than the rest of my face, but Cathie (Dr. Rullan's awesome nurse) told me that it's supposed to be like that b/c he applied more solution and scrape it more to each scars causing it to be redder. Overall, the pain factor on a 1-10 scale was 2. The only pain i've experienced was the IV needle. the days following the exoderm were hazy thanks to painkiller so it was not that bad. But it was very hard for me to be stuck to the lonely hotel for 3 straight days after leaving Alexandra's place. It was also hard to stick with the liquid diet. I was dying for real food by the 5th day! My stay with my caretaker, Alexandra was wonderful! She was at my beck and call. She made me yummy smoothies, schedule my medicine for me to take so I didn't have to think, and most of all, she was good company to have.

This has been my first visit to San Diego and it was great. San Diego is a exciting city with nice people. I'm glad I got to do this because I got to meet great people like the talented Dr. Rullan who was charming and funny and great at his craft. His nurses Cathie and Patty who were so comforting and caring that they deserve "the Best Nurses Ever" award if there were any. Alexandra who was a riot to hang out with and she was genuinely compassionate for her patients. She comes highly recommeded and i think if you request an information pamplet on exoderm from Dr. Rullan it comes with Alexandra's information as well. Also i got to meet a member from acne.org named lookingforanswers! Although we couldn't talk that much, it was great to meet a fellow exoderm patient! I must say altho she had her green mask on, she seemed very beautiful, petite with blond hair and i hope for the best outcome for her! Anyways I have to thank SanJoseSkin who diligently answered all my questions even if it was repetitive. And if it wasn't for his story I would have never heard of exoderm! Plus his story really motivated me to get the exoderm done and I thank him very much!!! It was a great experince and i would do it again in a heartbeat. I do have pics and plan to upload them on acne.org soon probably in a few days so please do take a look at my gallery. Take care peoples!

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience! I wish you heal well and a speedy recovery. Good luck!!!

P/S. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. biggrin.gif

I contacted Dr. Rullan's office in March and at that time it was 4000 so i lucked out. I think it's 5000 now. I probably spent easily 8,000 total for this trip. I spent two weeks there.

$4000 for exoderm

300x5 days = $1500 for caretaker

$1000 for hotel split between my friend and I.

$1000 for meds, gifts for family and friends, and food.

Ohh yes did i get a lot of weird stares from people at the airport but i just kept telling myself that this will all be a memory soon and it went by fast and now it is just a memory. I kept remindering myself of the pain of people staring at my scars and it's no difference and at least this time it won't be for long.

Thanks for the well wishes Narcissus!

I wish you all of the luck in the world. I am considering having it done in december. I just dont want to waste my time or money. Do you think the money was well worth it for Alexandras care? Did you have chemobrasion as well? Two weeks is a long time to be away. I thought you only had to go for eight days?

I was there for two weeks because i wanted to squeeze in some time for sight seeing. My exoderm was done by Dr. Rullan so i did have the second day chemobrasion. I totally think it's worth hiring Alexandra because it's great not having to worry about what meds to take and cooking your own food. You seriously just want to sleep for the next 2 days after the exoderm. Well i wish you all the luck in the world too! Are you planning to go to Dr. Rullan? He's great and so is his staff!

Congrats!!! I hope it turns out better than you expected.. I'm planning on setting up a consultation with Dr Rullan in the next few weeks and hopefully scheduling my exoderm sometime in October/November..

So the few days following the mask removal, how red do you say that you are?? Like a bad sunburn, or red red red like blood? Just wondering how the flight home is going to be after I have this done.. :-)

SEan..

Good Luck Sean with your consultation. I think once you meet everybody, it will seriously ease your mind about having exoderm.

Ohh when i first took off the mask it was light pink and i thought i could deal with it. Then i took a shower and it was bright red. Very scary. It's not bloody raw red, it's more like a bad sunburn x 3. I got many a stares on my way back home at the airport but i kept telling myself i will never see these people again in my life so who cares. people were really rude though. I would catch them staring and they would continue to stare. I really wanted to make weird faces at them just so I could scare them even more.

Hope you get the results you're looking for Namrobi smile.gif. Just a quick question- Is there any difference between Exoderm and Exoderm Lift or are they the same thing?

Exoderm and Exoderm Lift is the same because exoderm is also marketed for wrinkle and supposedly as good as a face lift too if you are older.

Hey everybody! My photo album is up! Please take a look at my gallery. Warning some of the pics are scary! The exoderm pics are on page2 or 3.

Hi namrobi!

I just checked out your gallery. I can tell you had a great experience and I'm green with envy. For example, the beach looked gorgeous (it must have been great to get to heal there post-treatment) and it must have been fun overall especially with a friend there with you and stuff. Anyway, it's great to see that you're doing well. Keep us updated and take care. I wish you'll have a speedy and smooth recovery. biggrin.gif

Thanks so very much for sharing your Exoderm experience w/ us, I especially appreciate the photos in your gallery. It looks like you had a lot of fun too, that is great!

Best wishes

Namrobi,

Thank you for sharing your pics, it is very helpful to us considering this option. Looks like you had a lot of support there with you. :-)

Just curious how your redness is coming along as it is about one week after your mask removal; has the redness faded quite a bit at this point or has it stayed about the same? Are you now able to cover up the redness any? I'm a guy, so makeup doesn't go over so well.. but if I'm still really red when I go back to work then I will try and cover it up as best I can as I work in a very large office. Also, are you noticing more improvement as days go by?

Sean..

Thanks every body for taking a look. San Diego was really fun and I recommend you partner up with somebody or take someone along with you because that helps to pass the time. If not it would have been so miserable those 8 days, masked up and locked down in a hotel room. Seriously those days would have passed by really slowly. The pic of me when I first took off my mask doesn't really capture the redness I was experincing. I would say I was 3x more red in person than that pic. Right now my redness is fading but not fast enough. It's been 1 week and a day since i took off my mask. I think the aloe vera gel help with the redness. Plus I develop heat rash since it's been so hot in Hawaii. Anyways I hope those pic helped you guys get an idea what it's like. It was a very good experience for me!! And also my before pics of my scars aren't that clear but my scars are worst in person than what that pic portrays. I need to get a better camera! Take care!

Namrobi, thanks for sharing your story and pictures. Couple of q's, does Dr. R offer oxygen mist treatment after the Exoderm to help w/redness? I heard he did that at one time, not sure if he still does?

Also, it's hard to determine from your 'befores' on your scarring. Can you see improvement? Decreased or eradicated scarring? Any new scars? Thanks again and happy healing. Remember your sun screen!

Yes he does offer 3 oxygen facials after exoderm. I know the quality of my pictures sucks. I will try to put up better shots of my skin in a few weeks but as for the pics I have now in the gallery, that's all I have. I had Alexandra take my before pics and I forgot to tell her to zoom in my skin. When I took off the mask, I took the pics myself so it was hard to tell how close or far away I should take it. Sorry for the quality of the pics. But I do want to say that my skin before the exoderm was bad and i know that pic didn't justify it. But I would say it was 2x as bad as it looks in that pic or more. My main problem was icepicks and boxcars that were pretty deep. And for the redness after I took off the mask, I was red as or even redder than a tomato. Again that pic didn't show it.