Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green eyes

Anyone used Rose hip oil for scaring

Which kind of scarring are you asking about---raised or sunken? I tried 100% rose hip oil late last year on sunken scars (big deep pits and depressed scars in my case)and after a month they were looking worse so I gave up. I've been using skinbiolgy's copper peptide creams and exfol creams for 5 months with good results. I also use glycolic acid once or twice a week. All these things I put directly onto my scars. I still have a long way to go ; but my scars were severe to start with anyway.

Maybe the rose hip oil could work for raised scars?

Maya,

do you mind if I am asking you how long you had been using the rose hip oil? I heard you have to use it reliqiously for at least 3 months to see the result. I am interested in this oil, too. I heard it is good for dry skin, too, castor oil is great but it;s kinda heavy :D But I also heard you are not supposed to use rose hip oil for acne prone skin. I don't have acne right now (as long as I drink my herbal drink, I am COOL! :) ) but I thought I'd like to do some more research before trying anything new. Did the rose hip oil aggravate your acne?

Matahari

I used the rose hip oil religiously for a few months - yes, it did aggravate acne.. and it did nothing for my facial scars.. also, I tried it on some stretch marks too.. and it didn't work on them either (and I didn't have acne there!)

I actually used organic rose hip oil - I had seen it touted in the press for a while as being a real cure for scarring -but it did nothing for me at all... and it was so greasy, really didn't feel good on the skin.

If you are looking at healing red marks/shallow scarring.. the following 2 methods are good:

1. glycolic/lactic peels follwed by copper peptides

2. Vinegar/lemon method.. can also be followed by copper peptides

Maya, thx O:)

I am sensitive to sinthetic ingredients. O:) I did try the lemon/vinegar method. I have been drinking green tea and lemon/lime daily since long before I saw your posting, so it's easy for me to do the diet. But I think my skin is too sensitivity to vinegar. It irritated me after 10 days. It developed small bumps all over my face. I stopped using vinegar and tried again after 2 weeks with 1:8 dilution. After 3 days the bumps came back. I stopped right away and 3 days later my skin got very dry and started to peel. It was very painfull. I used castor oil to reduce the inflammation (healed after 3 days) and been using it ever since to normalize my dry skin.

My skin is normal now, still using castor oil because when I stop, my skin gets dry again. The problem is, castor oil is very thick and not easy to apply. I usually use it after the shower of after washing my face while my skin is still wet. The water help the oil spread evenly. I was thinking maybe rose hip oil is good alternative to castor oil. But now I am afraid it might aggravate acne O:)

Been using chinese orchid (bletilla striata) for shallow scars. I'll let you know if it worked. O:) Thanks again.

Oh yes O:) I am the queen of oils :D. I have used almost any oils available on the planet: grapeseed oil, almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, jojoba, emu, meadowfoam seed, evening primerose, borage oil, shea butter (liquid), camellia oil....you name it.. :) My skin changes like....everyday, but tends to be more in dry category. So...no oils have bothered me so far. Even the heaviest castor oil or olive oil never caused me break outs. O:) Grapeseed oil and almond oil is slightly drying for me, though..

Emu oil is good, but I cannot find the reason why it is more expensive than even jojoba or camellia oil? The effect is the same for me. O:) Emu oil absorbs too fast in my skin. Camellia oil is good, your skin feels silky after you use it. It is light, more like jojoba oil. Right now I am infusing camellia oil and liquid shea butter in rose petal, green tea and lotus tea. It is ready, but I want to infuse it longer. Smells and feels heavenly! O:)