Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest TylerD

Proactiv Makeup

Guest TylerD

I was looking through my proactiv booklet today for no reason. I ran across their makeup which seems to have Salycilic acid in it. I was also thinking about getting their tinted moisturizer. Anyone try any of these products?

Guest TylerD

Anyway enough retarted people replying. Can I get some real replys?

Guest mishmosh

Give over. men dont wear make up. If they do, it is a sign of the pink brigade

eusa_sick.gif

Plenty of men wear make up - especially men with acne / scarring - but if it's properly applied, you can barely tell, if at all. They may not wear as much as most women, and take a lot more care to make sure it doesn't show - but a lot more men wear it than you would expect - try looking at some of the other make up threads!

And why the hell shouldn't they? If they didn't care what they looked like, they wouldn't be on this forum..

Sorry, TylerD - haven't used proactiv make up, but I have used a make up with salicylic acid in the past, and it was definitely better for my skin than a lot of others I had used (might have been a neutrogena one possibly?). I changed when my skin decided to get completely out of control and I was using a lot of other stuff on my face - the SA was a bit irritating then. And I wouldn't use it on accutane. Hope that helps a bit.

Guest TylerD

Thanks for the reply biggrin.gif I almost forgot about using S.A while being on accutane.

As for the last few replys as to guys dont wear makeup. Look at this thread.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...wtopic=4536&hl=

It shows guys do wear makeup. And there is alot more guys on this site that wear makeup then that. I dont see a problem in a guy wearing makeup. Whats the big deal. Just because I like to hid my redmarks when going out with a bunch of friends or a girl that makes me weird....Sorry I guess I just dont see it how you see it. But just so you know as the last post said by acnegirl a ton of guys wear makeup.

Its only tonnes on THIS forum. I know instantly when ever someone is wearing foundation or concealer. And I see a lot of people, and I have never ever seen a man wearing make-up.

If someone said to you, are you wearing make-up? You would be embarrassed - so deep down you know that you shouldn't be wearing it.

Guest TylerD

Lol thats where you are wrong. Ive had girls ask me many times if I am wearing makeup and I say yes. Most girls unlike you arent immature and dont give a shit if a guy is tryign to cover up some red marks. Like I said before I would much rather have people notice I am wearing a bit of makeup then ugly ass red marks. I know a ton of guys that wear makeup. I could go on and name alot of people that are real on this site just like you and me. But I am not going on forever. I hope some guys start to reply on this thread that they wear makeup. Anyway I dont have too defend myself here. Guys wear makeup. Obviously you cant tell if a guy wears makeup or not. If its done right and done with mineral makeup its next to impossible to tell.

I have to say I'm surprised so many people replying think it's wrong for a guy to wear makeup. There's nothing inherently feminine about enhancing or changing your looks. Give the man a break - plenty of males DO wear makeup.

I haven't used the stuff, TylerD. I stay away from all makeup with SA in it - too harsh for my sensitive skin.

While I don't think its wrong for a man to wear makeup for legitimate reasons such as scarring and acne, I still dont think it would be something that I would openly admit. Unfortunately, I could deffinetly see some people being less than understanding about the issue... but I must admit, it would take a real man to admit that he wears makeup biggrin.gif

I know instantly when ever someone is wearing foundation or concealer. And I see a lot of people, and I have never ever seen a man wearing make-up.

Guest mishmosh

chuckle. lets hope the trend doesnt catch on over in europe. cant see it somehow!

Guest Tempest

two thumbs up for guys and makeup

<grin>

I'm a chick and it's cool......grow up people

wub.gif

Guest mishmosh

gee you will be giving them fashion tips on high heeled shoes next biggrin.gif

Guest Dwight_Sheila69
gee you will be giving them fashion tips on high heeled shoes next biggrin.gif

Guest mishmosh

chuckle. some people take themselves so seriously!

the world is going crazy! no self respecting bloke wears makeup for crying out loud. If a bloke wants to pull another bloke that is fine, if you know what I mean?

I know Americans are very vain but there are limits. Have some respect!

Guest TylerD

You still dont prove a good point as to why we cant wear makeup.

Um .. men have been wearing make up since the beginning of time. In Ancient Egypt, Pharaohs wore eyeliner to signify that they were royalty. They even wore wigs! Indian men wore eyeliner as well. And what about Native Americans, they wore make up as well when going in to battle. A lot of my guy friends wear make up.

user posted image

He wears make up. And look at how lovely he is n_n

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

If you can pull it off then more power to ya... guy or girl eusa_dance.gif .

chuckle. some people take themselves so seriously!

the world is going crazy! no self respecting bloke wears makeup for crying out loud.  If a bloke wants to pull another bloke that is fine,  if you know what I mean?

I know Americans are very vain but there are limits. Have some respect!

I was looking through my proactiv booklet today for no reason. I ran across their makeup which seems to have Salycilic acid in it. I was also thinking about getting their tinted moisturizer. Anyone try any of these products?