Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is more effective for acne, 10g B5 every day, or 20 UI vit a.

Please post your experiences uses these two vitamins, how effective they were, and the levels of toxicity ect.

Thank you for your time.

b5 is something that only worked for me at a HIGH DOSE. so forget about that maintanence dose. it only worked when i took 10g's a day consistently.

gulping down 20 pills a day becomes very incovinent and expensive and there are no studies to really say what the long term effects of this is.

when i was taking it, i didnt think about the future, all i thought about was my skin. but what are you going to do, take 20 pills a day for the rest of your life? without any studies of long term effects?(i know its water soluble, but still, you never know what it can be doing)

vitamin a on the other hand, i started that a few days ago. and i honestly think vitamin a is more effective (and more dangerous) than b5. i would not reccomend taking vitamin a for a extended period of time...because it can cause internal damage and it is more toxic than accutane. so i only plan on using this a month, no matter what happens.

b5 is less convinient but better for long term. vitamin a is more convient, effective and better for short term.

the best thing i suggest is getting on accutane cause its the best of both worlds with the best results.

b5 is something that only worked for me at a HIGH DOSE. so forget about that maintanence dose. it only worked when i took 10g's a day consistently.

gulping down 20 pills a day becomes very incovinent and expensive and there are no studies to really say what the long term effects of this is.

when i was taking it, i didnt think about the future, all i thought about was my skin. but what are you going to  do, take 20 pills a day for the rest of your life? without any studies of long term effects?(i know its water soluble, but still, you never know what it can be doing)

vitamin a on the other hand, i started that a few days ago. and i honestly think vitamin a is more effective (and more dangerous) than b5. i would not reccomend taking vitamin a for a extended period of time...because it can cause internal damage and it is more toxic than accutane. so i only plan on using this a month, no matter what happens.

b5 is less convinient but better for long term. vitamin a is more convient, effective and better for short term.

the best thing i suggest is getting on accutane cause its the best of both worlds with the best results.

What is more effective for acne, 10g B5 every day, or 20 UI vit a.

Please post your experiences uses these two vitamins, how effective they were, and the levels of toxicity ect.

Thank you for your time.

yeah, I'm finished with that stuff (B5), though it is the only thing to this date that has cleared me up, it's just not worth it, it's really expensive to keep up, cause anything but the highest dosage will not prevent my acne. The withdrawel symptoms are pretty bad I think as well. As soon as I'm off it, my acne increases for every week, that's way I'm giving the hibiscrub/BP regimen a shot and I'm gonna stick to it for as long as it takes