Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone else here find they have to walk a fine line between overwashing and underwashing? My problem, is that I have both sensitive AND oily skin--it sucks. Sooo, if I wash once in the morning and once at night, I start getting REALLY dry skin even with cetaphil gentle cleanser. If I wash once at night with SA I'm drowning in oil all day long at work eusa_wall.gif Also, I tried moisturizers but they just made my skin worse.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

I do once at night and once at morning no problems. My skins sensative too, ermm.. wash for 10-15 seonds don't do it for more than that or else it'll get irritated. Cetaphil is garbage, I use the Neturogena SA 2 % Wash now since my Spectro Jel is gone but get spectro jel for cleanser.

There really is no point to washing more than twice a day. Two times is enough and I count showering as one.

Guest virgo

I usually wash 3 or 4 times, 2 at the minimum.

Once in the morning, then later I do the egg-white mask..(so that counts as washing) and then I wash again before I go to bed.

Twice a day, but if I'm at college its 3 times a day, because I wash my face when I get home to get rid of my make-up. But I don't use bp or cleanser, just water then moisturiser, because I don't wear a lot of concealer anyway, just enough.

I came to the conclusion that my face can’t handle washing more than once a day, usually when I shower.

If I wash a second time later in the day my face feels sore.

I must say that I usually can’t be arsed to wash my face very gently and that my face wash is not all that sophisticated (it’s some regular pH balanced body wash). What can I say, I’m a guy. Anyway the dryness and soreness I usually get from a second wash is just too much for me.

I think it’s ok for those who can handle it. I dunno about washing more than twice a day. It seems excessive to me, unless you got a fountain of oil or dirt for a face tongue.gif or have some other plausible reason.