Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warcraft3

have u guys heard of PanOxyl?

the tv ad advertised it as a bp product as a cure for pimples in the face oif the planet. have u guys heaRD of this? i read about bp in this website and asked my mommy's secretary to look for bp 2.5 and she bought a panoxyl (bp) i was wondering if u guys have heard of this? it really works well for me.

Yep ...heard of it. A pretty standard product in UK, Aus and NZ. Not sure if it is available in US (I never hear anyone talkin about it). I have used the 2.5AQ (waterbased) product with no worries...watch out for the oil based version...has a reputation for burning your face off.

Yeah my derm prescribed it for me when i first started getin acne.

It made my face go even worse, it made it red, tight, peeling and burning.

Yeah i was interested in this product because it certainly seemed like a cheaper option than a tube OXY 2.5% which i was getting through in less than a week. I was put of by some bad reviews on these boards, some people refering to it as painoxyl and such. But it would seem that there a different versions of the product so with the oil based one being the culprit of the face burning etc that some members experience.

BTW - Hey frances havent seen you about lately :D

Adam

Yea, It is available in France too (but not OTC, as BP products).

I used that 5% and 10% BP gel. But 2.5% dosage isn't available. It is a very basical BP gel, that is fast absorbed by the skin. It would be ideal product for Dan's Regimen if it'd supplied 2.5%. :)

I actualy use Cutacnyl, a 2.5% BP gel with complexe excipient, and it is very slowly absorbed (10 mins of application)... I wish Panoxyl was available in 2.5% dosage... :D

I have switched to Benzac 2.5 recently and it is a better product than Panoxyl....plus (at least in NZ) it is cheaper and in a larger 50gm tube. Galderma are the manufacturer (they make the cetaphil product range)

---------

Yo Adam. I have been a bit quiet lately. Combination of being busy and not feeling chatty. How is the regimen going 4 u?

Like Fatman_uk already said, we can call this product : PAINoxy.

My back became so dry with this product that I cannot turn my head because my skin torn. I try the gel and the aquagel and it's doing the same horror.

Try the brand solugel this will kick off your acne :D