Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert

Deep scar is 50% improved in two weeks!

I left the board about a month ago for various reasons, but thought I should pop back for a few days and detail my latest success story.

As many of you know, I had great success with acids and copper peptides. Over the span of two years, many of my pitted scars effectively disappeared, and some of my wrinkles improved also. But my deepest and ugliest scar, a real doozy on my forehead that first formed in 1981, just wouldn't respond to any treatment.

And so I tried something new ...

I mixed up some 15% TCA, which is my favorite concentration, and applied it to the scar with a cotton swab--three layers in all. The scar frosted after the second layer and stayed frosted for half an hour. After the frosting cleared I applied a liberal coat of Super Cop 2X and went to bed.

(I continued to apply the SC 2X every day for the next 12 days, even applying it over the dead skin when it formed, and also after it peeled.)

The scar turned brown and lightly crusted two days later, which is what I expected.

On day five I steamed my skin and tried to peel the crust off, but it wasn't yet ready. I managed to tear a small hole in the crust, however, which turned out to be an important development.

I did my usual weekly 50% (2.0 pH) lactic acid peel a few minutes later and immediately felt a burning sensation in the scar. The lactic acid had seeped into the small hole and was burning me! I rinsed my skin with soapy water, but the burning continued. I couldn't get the acid out of the hole!

Fast forward a few days ...

The crust peeled off but there was a small scab over the place where the lactic had seeped in. I kept up with the Super Cop 2X, even though it irritated the scab, and on day twelve stopped all treatments.

It has now been 18 days since the TCA application. A tiny scab still remains over the center of the scar, and I expect it to fall off any day now. The area around the scab, which was also pitted, is easily 50% improved! And the scab is level with the surrounding (i.e. healthy) skin. I expect that when it falls off, the area under it will also be *at least* 50% improved!

***Edit: The swelling went down a week ago, so the improvement appears permanent.

Note: I took 1000 mg of Vitamin C (with bioflavanoids) every day during the process to kick start collagen growth. I'm not sure how much this helped, but it sure didn't hurt, and it might have helped a lot.

Keep in mind that this was the most stubborn scar you can imagine, and yet it responded to the above procedure. A 50% improvement in such a scar is absolutely*huge*!

I no longer see a small cavern in my forehead when I look at my reflection in my car window!

I plan to repeat the above process in a few weeks. One more treatment should do it.

Blessings,

Robert

hi robert

congratulations on your improvement. tell me where do i buy tca and supercop?

i live in canada can i only buy them in the states?

i just did a dermabrasion and i got 80% improvement but there is still 2 scars that i see , which is a huge improvement to the 15 i used to see

but if i can do home improv i will

let me know

Hi Heidi.

15% TCA can be purchased online at www.makeupartistschoice.com

Super Cop 2X is available at www.dianayvonne.com (there is also a regular Super Cop, but it is not as effective).

The products are expensive but are worth it to me.

Check out the thread "Super Cop x2 and scars" on this board.

Robert

I left the board about a month ago for various reasons, but thought I should pop back for a few days and detail my latest success story.

As many of you know, I had great success with acids and copper peptides. Over the span of two years, many of my pitted scars effectively disappeared, and some of my wrinkles improved also. But my deepest and ugliest scar, a real doozy on my forehead that first formed in 1981, just wouldn't respond to any treatment.

And so I tried something new ...

I mixed up some 15% TCA, which is my favorite concentration, and applied it to the scar with a cotton swab--three layers in all. The scar frosted after the second layer and stayed frosted for half an hour. After the frosting cleared I applied a liberal coat of Super Cop 2X and went to bed.

(I continued to apply the SC 2X every day for the next 12 days, even applying it over the dead skin when it formed, and also after it peeled.)

The scar turned brown and lightly crusted two days later, which is what I expected.

On day five I steamed my skin and tried to peel the crust off, but it wasn't yet ready. I managed to tear a small hole in the crust, however, which turned out to be an important development.

I did my usual weekly 50% (2.0 pH) lactic acid peel a few minutes later and immediately felt a burning sensation in the scar. The lactic acid had seeped into the small hole and was burning me! I rinsed my skin with soapy water, but the burning continued. I couldn't get the acid out of the hole!

Fast forward a few days ...

The crust peeled off but there was a small scab over the place where the lactic had seeped in. I kept up with the Super Cop 2X, even though it irritated the scab, and on day twelve stopped all treatments.

It has now been 18 days since the TCA application. A tiny scab still remains over the center of the scar, and I expect it to fall off any day now. The area around the scab, which was also pitted, is easily 50% improved! And the scab is level with the surrounding (i.e. healthy) skin. I expect that when it falls off, the area under it will also be *at least* 50% improved!

Note: I took 1000 mg of Vitamin C (with bioflavanoids) every day during the process to kick start collagen growth. I'm not sure how much this helped, but it sure didn't hurt, and it might have helped a lot.

Keep in mind that this was the most stubborn scar you can imagine, and yet it responded to the above procedure. A 50% improvement in such a scar is absolutely*huge*!

I no longer see a small cavern in my forehead when I look at my reflection in my car window!

I plan to repeat the above process in a few weeks. One more treatment should do it.

Blessings,

Robert

Robert,

On the scar you mentioned, had you done TCA cross on it before?  What other treatments had you tried?

Colin

Hello Robert,

I'm new to this forum as far as posting - but a rather seasoned "lurker".....

I've followed all of your posts in various threads and the one Lexy started re: "super cop 2x in scars". I've bought all the products based on your and Lexy's experience.

I wanted to ask a quick question re salicylic acid vs lactic acid as it applies to you yourself........you've been a big proponent of salicylic acid in the past and now I read that you've been applying 50% lactic acid peels.

Did you find the lactic acid to be more efficacious than the salicylic or was it a case of mixing up acids to keep skin "surprised" so to speak. One more question - if you still apply 20% salicylic acid how or when do you incorporate it into your regimen with 50% lactic acid.

Not sure if you mean to leave the boards again after your recent posts - but if you check in and can spare a few moments I would appreciate your response. I think you and I both have rather old scarring and I'm pleased to see that you've had success in treating yours with acid and cop. peptides.

My thanks,

Elizabeth

to anyone....what on earth does a post that just has the word "bump" mean -

if it's too painfully obvious and stupid just ignore it.......

Robert - thanks so much for sharing your experience!! I am so happy for you and your improvements. Would you say that the 50% lactic acid peel is still a pretty mild peel? Do you peel a lot from that type of peel? It seems like a high percentage, but from what I've heard it's still mild. Maybe I'll use that peel as a full face just to even out my complexion. When you say that some of your scars you cannot see anymore, are they the same color as the rest of your skin now or are they level to the skin but a different color?

Robert - thanks so much for sharing your experience!!  I am so happy for you and your improvements.  Would you say that the 50% lactic acid peel is still a pretty mild peel?  Do you peel a lot from that type of peel? It seems like a high percentage, but from what I've heard it's still mild.  Maybe I'll use that peel as a full face just to even out my complexion.  When you say that some of your scars you cannot see anymore, are they the same color as the rest of your skin now or are they level to the skin but a different color?

It might help if you augment with Trireduction or Super Cop 2X. By itself it probably won't do much.

The lactic "accident" definitely helped, but the 15% TCA and SC 2X were the main players.

I still love salicylic acid, and use it about once per month. The lactic is gentler, however, and better suited for me, now that most of my scars are gone; I don't need the salicylic as much as I used to. But if I still had lots of scars I would certainly use it more often; it really helped me a lot.

And, yes, it helps to change acids every so often.

I use lactic for three weeks straight, then switch to salicylic for a week.

Fantastic to hear Robert ((HUGS)) thanks for coming back and updating us, I needed to hear something like this today smile.gif

This is what exactly happened to me! Almost similar procedure:

- retin-a .05 7 days before, 7 days after

- 50% tca cross

- super cop 2x spot treatment

Fantastic to hear Robert ((HUGS)) thanks for coming back and updating us, I needed to hear something like this today smile.gif

hey robert, congrats on your sucess!!

Im a total noob when it comes to chemical peels/ tca cross ect. I had a dermabrasion performed about 10 months ago and it did wonders for my skin but Im still faced with some scarring (although not near as troubling as it used to be.)

Im curious, being a newtimer to these products, what would you reccomend as a regimen for me. Most of my scarring is concentrated near my jaw line and temples and are shallow. Would it be ok to start off with TCS 15% solution or should I start with 12.5? Also would you reccomend syslic (sp) acid or lactic acid for a complete wash?

My plan entails following your regimen of super cop/tca 15%/ and lactic acid peels for a few months and see where that takes me. Oh yeah also what size bottles do I order for these products?

Thanks so much and best of luck to you!

hey robert, congrats on your sucess!!

Im a total noob when it comes to chemical peels/ tca cross ect. I had a dermabrasion performed about 10 months ago and it did wonders for my skin but Im still faced with some scarring (although not near as troubling as it used to be.)

Im curious, being a newtimer to these products, what would you reccomend as a regimen for me. Most of my scarring is concentrated near my jaw line and temples and are shallow. Would it be ok to start off with TCS 15% solution or should I start with 12.5? Also would you reccomend syslic (sp) acid or lactic acid for a complete wash?

My plan entails following your regimen of super cop/tca 15%/ and lactic acid peels for a few months and see where that takes me. Oh yeah also what size bottles do I order for these products?

Thanks so much and best of luck to you!

Hi, I havn't posted in a while. I too have been using the 15% tca , which was a special mixture from perfectcomplexions. I got it on Ebay from someone who had bought it then decided they didn't want it. In either case. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to wait between the peels? I use the end of a q-tip and slightly abrade a small area. While it appears I've had some results, I WANT MORE. I have considered doing a 50% cross but the scar I'm treating is in a very conspicuous spot and I'm not sure I want a scab for very long. Does anyone know if it's best to wait between the peels to let the skin re-coup. I just had some skin peel in that area and I re-applied the 15% to the fresh skin to get more results. I'm concerned if it's done too often, if it could cause a breakdown possibly in the skin and make it appear wrinkled?? Its around a 3/4 inch area I'm treating. By the way, last year, I think it was, I got 4 sessions of smoothbeam but want to avoid forking over another 1000 and am extremely tired of this scar and unsmooth area.

hi rob. do u have any before and after pics that you can post up? I just want to see the results. i have scars and i've tried alot of things like fillers, sciton laser and glycolic peel, and they are still here. I haven't tried the tca or anything yet so i would like to see ur pictures if possible thank you.

Hello all. I've been away from the board for a while and wanted to give an update... In March I had my stubborn, ugly crater excised. Although better than the original crater, I now have a linear scar about 1 inch in length on my cheek. I was hoping for a linear scar flat/even with the surronding skin. However, I ended up with a slighlty indented linear scar. At the "new" scar's age of about 4 months (1 month ago), I began using the Super Cop2x from skin-bio. I apply Retin A every to every other night to my face. I use exfol and CP serum in the am. At night I apply as best I can, using a toothpick, the Super Cop 2X to the inside/trench area of the scar. It does scab up and after a few days the scabs come off and the skin contour seems improved. I use SA2% and BP 10%, and sometimes SA peel 8% (?), just to the scar for extra exfoliation-to "rough up" the area a bit. Exfoliation is important for the super cop to work, I think. I've done some small areas of needling also. I'm very pleased with the super cop2x and after just 1 month it seems to be doing something to improve the scar. I also wear the Neo. scar sheets. I do believe that the linear scar is definitely easier to treat than the stubborn crater, because it is "new" and has alot less depth! I've used exfol and cp serum for nearly 3 years and they has helped my fine lines and decreased pore size. At some point I plan to post pics.

Take care and good luck to all in the Battle of the Scars!

Hi, I havn't posted in a while. I too have been using the 15% tca , which was a special mixture from perfectcomplexions. I got it on Ebay from someone who had bought it then decided they didn't want it. In either case. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to wait between the peels? I use the end of a q-tip and slightly abrade a small area. While it appears I've had some results, I WANT MORE. I have considered doing a 50% cross but the scar I'm treating is in a very conspicuous spot and I'm not sure I want a scab for very long. Does anyone know if it's best to wait between the peels to let the skin re-coup. I just had some skin peel in that area and I re-applied the 15% to the fresh skin to get more results. I'm concerned if it's done too often, if it could cause a breakdown possibly in the skin and make it appear wrinkled?? Its around a 3/4 inch area I'm treating. By the way, last year, I think it was, I got 4 sessions of smoothbeam but want to avoid forking over another 1000 and am extremely tired of this scar and unsmooth area.