Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetchica329

New Log:: Nikki's Paula's Choice (PC) Log

Hello everyone!

Just so everyone has a simple background of I, I am 15 years old in highschool with moderate acne. I've tried (what it seems like) everything under the sun to help with blackheads and acne. So far i've tried Cetaphil liquid cleansers one for sensitive skin and one for acne. I've also tried Clinique skin care line. With this I've tried the mild soap, the clarifying lotion in mild and in number 2, as well as Cliniques moisturizers Dramaticly Different Lotion and Moisture-In-Control moisturizer. Also with Clinique I have tried their Acne Solutions line. I've also used Neutrogena products and Clean & Clear (which just dried up my natural oils and I just didn't like them!) I've also used Proactive for about 1 1/2 yr and it worked for a while but then just stopped all together and it seemed like the products made my skin oiler or something, lol. I've also used Biore cleansers and spot treatments. As far as prescriptions go.. I just came off of R-A-M (Retin-A-Mirco) which made my skin way to sensitive, red as blood, oiler, and didn't help a hell a beans! I've also been on BenzaClin in 10% concentration, which was way too much BPO for my skin and it made my skin feel like cement was poured on it too! So here I am.. With a lot of excellent reviews on Paula's Choice (PC) from people on http://www.makeupalley.com and http://www.icompact.comand http://www.ivillage.comI decided to try it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 9, 03

My package came from http://www.paulaschoice.comI was excited to use this that night and I obviously did. B/c I just came off of R-A-M about 4 weeks ago with all the side effects that it did to me (!!!) I decided the night I orderd these PC products that I wouldn't even cleanse my face with anything b/c I wanted the reddness to go down and the burns to go down as well. It was a week that I didn't go anything but shower, and it really helped! Okay enough of this rambling, I used the PC products I ordered.

.::The PC products I ordered are as follows::.

1.) One Step Cleanser (Normal-oily-combination skin)

2.) 1% Beta Hydroxy Acid Lotion

3.) Final Touch Toner (Normal-oily-combination skin)

4.) Blemish Fighting Solution (( 2.5% BPO))

5.) Essential Non-Greasy Sunscreen/moisturizer SPF 15 (normal-oily-combination skin)

So I used the One Step Cleanser followed by the 1% BHA Lotion followed by the Blemish Fighting Solution. The cleanser is VERY gentle, almost as Cetaphil but not as running and watery! (which i hated!!). The 1% BHA Lotion is also VERY gentle on the skin. It doesn't dry up after you put it on your hands and it rubs in very easily into the skin and it absorbs quickly and dries matte. :) With the BPO it comes out very nicely from the bottle and again it isn't dried up by the time you put it on your fingers or on your forehead. A person needs about nickel size drop on thier finger tips to rub it in evenly onto the skin without drying up (unlike Neutrogena On the Spot) So far I give the 3 products I used a 2 thumbs up! Excellent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 03

As the day went on I revieved to what my notice is, a semi big cystic pimple to the left above my right eyebrow!

June 11, 03

The cystic zit is almost half gone! I don't think it was due to the doubling the amount of BPO on my face the night of June 10th, which I didn't even do, I just put enough on or a 'thin layer' as some people say. I have to give credit to the 1% BHA as well b/c it is sucking up all my clogged pores which I think is a good sign for two reasons. 1.) It will make my skin clearer by sucking up the visble and invisble clogged pores 2.) Its doing its job! :D . I will definitely post back tomorrow with any changes or not!

~Nikki~

Edit :: So i did my usal routine with this. I will post it at the end of this edit. After about a few hours my face looks a little more clearer and the smoothness of my skin is starting to show! I'm very happy so far. Also tha cystic pimple is almost all gone although I think it might take another 3 or 4 days for it to heal all the way. But thats okay this stuff is working and I think my results will be big! Also tonight I used the toner for the 1st time. OMG! This is th best stuff. It has no smell, no irritating ingredience, and it has no acne medication in it either which is actually a plus I think b/c that would be 3 medications my face would be getting in about 10 minutes and its toooo many chemicals on the face. Lol, anyways. The toner is like putting water on your face but its not and it helped with taking off the final last traces of my foundation that I wore today. I only plan on using the toner when I wear makeup. I also used the sunscreen/moisturizer tonight as well b/c my skin started to feel a little tight and a little dry but nothing major. This stuff is great, goes on nicely and dries matte. No strong smell of sunscreen either. Big plus! :D/

June 12,03

My face is looking a lot better. The redness is going down slightly day to day from the Retin-A-Micro (R-A-M). The zit above my right eyebrow is also going down slowly day to day. But again I think it won't be gone for another week which is okay in my book as long as I don't experience any more pimples. LOL. The blackheads on my nose (which are a lot) are also claming down with the color. This is due to the 1% BHA Lotion from PC. I'll start posting every other day!

P.S. Here is my routine.....

MORNING

1.) One Step Cleanser (normal-oily-combination skin)

2.) 1% BHA Lotion

3.) Blemish Fighting Solution (2.5% BPO)

4.) Essential Non-GreasySunscreen/Moisturizer SPF 15

NIGHT

1.) One Step Cleanser (normal-oily-combination skin)

2.) Final Touch Toner (normal-oily-combination skin) **Only use when I wear cosmetics**

3.) 1% BHA Lotion

4.) Blemish Fighting Solution (2.5% BPO)

****SIDE NOTE**** I'll stop using the 1% BHA Lotion everyday two times daily to every other day two times daily when my breakouts have gotten down to a minium (sp?) and my blackheads on my nose are about half gone.

June 14, 03

WOW my skin loks amazing! Last night I looked in the mirror and have seen that my red marks from the R-A-M are like totally gone! I couldn't believe that my skin color is back. :D I went out to dinner with my parents and a few people complimented on my skin and on my clothing! I was in shock. lol. But seriously my skin is looking really good so far. Its clear except for the one pimple above my eyebrow that is almost gone but probably another couple of days till it is. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY JOY! lmao. I'll continue to post back wth any changes (hopefully not!)

~Nikki

Skin is looking great with only 2 small pimples, one on each side of my face but it is not bothering me! And my blackheads are starting to go away. Yay!

~Nikki