Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I feel really stupid right now

For the last few months I have been going through a pretty bad time with my skin, then my derm recently said it looked like I had some rosacea along with the acne and to cut a long story short – my skin has been (still is) extremely unpredictable. I also have the problem that the stuff I use to combat the acne spots – aggravates the rosacea (if that’s what it is).

Anyway I’ve always felt as though I let my skin hold me back in some ways. But until recently I didn’t realise just how much. There is this guy – I’ve known him for a couple of years and I had heard from others that he liked me – but he never actually came across that way to me. Nevertheless, he asked me out this week and I said no (despite the fact he is a nice guy and a good laugh etc). I made up some lame excuses – got a lot on at the moment, really busy, not a good time etc. Which to some extent is true, although deep down I know the real reason is the fact I feel so crap about myself. The thought of going on a date with anyone right now scares the shit out of me because of how much my skin is flaring up at the moment. Stupid or what?

I thought that either a) he hasn’t really noticed the state of my skin under the cover up – or b) he has noticed and it just doesn’t bother him that much. Even if it’s the latter, the point is what he thinks is almost irrelevant – because it’s my ATTITUDE towards myself that is the real problem here. Unless I can get over this and start to look at myself differently or start to like myself more – then there is no point, it will continue to control my life.

The skin problems are real – I’m not imagining them. It’s no fun when your 50yr old mum looks better than you do at 25!. My family and friends accept me the way I am – but I don’t and that’s what needs to change, easier said than done though.

Just needed to get it off my chest – thanks.

Guest Marino

Hi,

I dont think you stupid, far from it however I think the main point acne got me down was because of the lack of attention from the oppiste sex that i got for a while.

If I could still have relationships while having acne i couldn't give a flying fuck.

I think you need to give yourself a chance, your obviously a lot more attractive than you take yourself to be.

And I'm more than positive it would be very hard to develope rocasea at the age of 25.

However i wouldn't know more than you derm so leave it the experts.

As far as i'm concerned you might just be due for a good peel to take away some of the damaged underskin.

I did it at the start of the year and it really gave me back my complextion.

Acne is only as bad as you let it be

Take care and think positive

Guest Mr K

Hey - its not stupid~ No one should have to accept acne - so keep fighting it - when u win - u will learn to luv yourself again n others.

Really.. we need to start loving ourselves. When we do, other people will start to love us too cool.gif

I say you call him and YOU ask HIM out.

Guest Marino
Really.. we need to start loving ourselves. When we do, other people will start to love us too  cool.gif

Guest Marino
I'm rather dense......... what does the picture mean in reference to my sentence?

Guest Mr K
I'm rather dense......... what does the picture mean in reference to my sentence?

It a reference to masterbation.

Relax... it was a joke wink.gif