Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DAM OILY SKIN! about 95% of my acne is caused by oily skin, not my hormones. i know this because my face is the only place thats oily, and its the only place i have acne sad.gif .

its frustrating because it make my face shine(not a good thing), and i keep on getting more zits evil.gif arhhhhhh! when will the oil stop??!!

does anyone has/had this problem? does anyone know how to prevent oily skin?? plz help.... sad.gif

I completely know what you're talking about, as my skin gets super oily as well. It's horrible esp. after I layer on my acne products and moisturizer!

But, I have found something that works really well in keeping the oil at bay for a couple of hours and making your skin look more matte throughout the day (although you will still shine and you'll need to blot blot blot).

The product is made from Bath and Body Works and it's called "Burdock Root Skin Mattifier." I swear it works wonders. I've been using the product for many years and it has not caused me to break out (knock on wood!) I used it before I was really picky about what I put on my face, and so I have not read its ingredients up until a few months ago. Although it seems like it has a lot of unnecessary oils and also has sodium chloride as one of its ingredients, I think it's not that bad at all. Give it a go. It's about 14 bucks for 1.7 fl. oz--it might seem a lot but a little goes a long way and lasts me a month (to a month and a half) with daily use.

wow thx, that sounds good, i think i will give it try. but im a little worried because my teachers told us if we use products to elimate oil, our body will tend to produce even more, and i dont think i want more oil, thx for posting.

Ever tried the Milk of Magnesia mask? I've never tried it but I've heard that people on this board have and it has worked really well for excessive oily skin.

BTW Love Hina is awesome.

Ever tried the Milk of Magnesia mask?  I've never tried it but I've heard that people on this board have and it has worked really well for excessive oily skin.

BTW Love Hina is awesome.

I have mild oily skin. Before I goto school I cleanse my skin with a cleansing fluid then cleanse again with Nivea for Men: Oil Controling Cleanser. I also have oil controlling lotion too, but that somewhat seems to make my acne worsE?

Its quite true that the more you try to dry out your skin, the more sebum can be produced.

Over cleaning your face can also cause excess sebum production. You have to find a happy medium.

-A

thx for the great advices, i will give them all a try, hope it works. does anyone know when will the oil stop?? or is my face gonna be oily for ever!!!???

thx:) again

LOve hina!

Its quite true that the more you try to dry out your skin, the more sebum can be produced. 

Over cleaning your face can also cause excess sebum production.

Over cleaning your face can also cause excess sebum production.

And the cow jumped over the moon.

Bryan

oil production is the skins own way of cleansing itself and keeping it moist i dont think you would want to cut it out all together just try and control it a bit more if your a teenager then there is basically no way to control it unless you want to take those drugs which mess about with your hormones which i wouldnt advise doing

"Over-washing your face causes excess sebum production" is an Urban Myth, just like those I listed above.

Capiche?

Bryan

If you wash a lot, with especially a harsh detergent, That will only work for a little while and, your body eventually will figure it out and  is going to try to replace whats being lost.

Thats not fiction, thats a fact.

No amount of blotting and sopping will "conquer" the skin's oil production, and many of us sacrifice the beauty of the skin in pursuit of clarity.

The skin has a mechanism to regulate its own moisture.

Drying the heck out of it with oil-stripping, foaming cleansers containing detergents and de-greasers like soap and sulfates, or alcohol-based toners that leave the skin feeling tight (always a sign it's been stripped), will only cause the skin to "rebound" with excess oiliness and destroy its protective and anti-bacterial "matrix," leaving it sensitized.

It is YOU who doesn't know what they are talking about.

TBH I don't care what you believe in - believe the moon's made of cheese, believe a woman can't get pregnant if you have sex standing up or whatever - I don't honestly care.

You misunderstood what I wrote. Yes I know what an urban myth is, I didn't mean explain that to me.

I meant where did you get your 'urban myth' theory about washing from.