Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sakt23

If you mainly have clogged pores

I have clogged pores out the wazoo. I cut down on almost everything that seemed over processed and overly chemical.

So, in the morning I wash with a RAG and TTO SOAP (brand:thursdays plantation).

Then I apply my moisturizer/light foundation Neutrogena's Skin Clearing Clean Tint And leave it at that.

At night... here's the key.. Wash with rag and TTO soap then apply Olay's Daily Facials Kaolin Clay Mask (blue clay in tube). Wash off.

I've been doing this and my face is great. And not to mention soft.

Don't ever scrub your face, it's terrible! any exfoliation you need can be done with a rag.

anyway, let me know if you try it and whether you like it or not. By the way since starting this I havent gotten any cystic pimples like I used to. I used to have 1 almost at any time.

cheers,

sophe

hah the main point of that was that I dont have as many clogged pores and I've been doing it for two weeks. I didnt even mention that!

i bought mine at a Vitamins Plus store. You can get it online if you search Thursdays Plantation on google. It's the skin care antibacterical soap.

and by rag I do mean washcloth

ive been doing the same thing for about a week, seems to be helping a lot. do u use the rag once or twice a day, and whats your improvement?

ITA. I've been using a washcloth/rag for almost 2 months I guess and it's by far the best exfoliator. I have sensitive skin and the cloth doesn't irritate, it just gently removes all the crud. I only use it at night with my cleanser and only use a cleanser at night.

my improvement has been good, my clogged pores seem to be getting unclogged. Since I cut out my salicylic acid astringent, I've noticed that I get blackheads around my nose. You may not have this problem, but I may start using the astringent on my nose once daily.

Washcloths are by far a better exfoliator than any scrub. They leave your face clean and soft as opposed to shiny and raw.

I use the washcloth twice daily

my improvement has been good, my clogged pores seem to be getting unclogged. Since I cut out my salicylic acid astringent, I've noticed that I get blackheads around my nose. You may not have this problem, but I may start using the astringent on my nose once daily.

Washcloths are by far a better exfoliator than any scrub. They leave your face clean and soft as opposed to shiny and raw.

I use the washcloth twice daily

Well I have been using the wash rag thing for about a week or so and i really like it. No acne right now except for clogged pores. I got them from using way too much neosporin on a few areas overnight about a month ago... and they are still there. Not too noticable, but to me they are. Just wondering if using the rag will eventually take these away.. or at least prevent new ones?

And if anyone knows a quick fix for a few clogged pores. I propably could just use a blackhead remover to get them out but I am going to a concert in a few days and I dont want to take the risk of red marks or the bacteria spreading, so I'm kinda waiting it out until I hear something that works from someone.

sorry this is probably a really stupid question, but are clogged pores and under the surface pimples and skin colored pimples the same thing? eusa_think.gif

because I think I have under the surface pimples or skin colored pimples but I'm not sure if they're clogged pores as well

Clogged pores are when there's dirt in your pores. A pimple, any kind, is when that dirt and oil and everything else combines and makes an infection, and there you go a pimple.