Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RollyPolly

Any med. better than accutane?

Does anyone know of anything better or close to accutane either already on the market (in the U.S.) or getting tested (FDA), or on the market overseas? Preferably oral medications, or maybe some sort of topical creams?

IMO nothing comes close as far as effectiveness. Having said that though nothing comes close as far as side effects either.

Someone posted on 'the regimen' message board that their neighbour was a derm and that they said they were developing a new acne drug predicted to be twice as effective as accutane. I think she said the FDA would spend about 10 months testing it...well, there's one rumour for you, but I wouldn't hold out for it...may not pass the tests :D$

I am 35 years and have been haunted by acne until very recently.

My acne has been eliminated through dietery changes.

It turns out that the source of my acne was refined carbs and fast foods.

Once those were eliminated........my acne disappeared. The results were immediate. I can not tell you how liberated I feel. I encourage every sufferer to give it a shot. I hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

This is not just my observation. Please refer to www.archdermatol.com

the december 2002 issue. There is a fascinating piece entitled " acne vulgaris a disease of western civilization. Basically, it is stating that the primary cause of acne is the western diet.

Read it, try it and judge for yourself. Good luck and let us all know how you make out.

I tried accutane twice with no results...........all the above is no bs try it

rbtp: Congratulations on the amazing progress. Glad you have finally beaten acne. Well done.

Arab diets are the healthiest. Seriously - no bullshit refined white flour or anything, but even then I endured mild acne. Accutane has cured me so luckily I don't really have red marks or scarring.

What rbtp is saying is true guys. I really think the Western diet is unnatural. Aren't there like 6 teaspoons/tablespoons of sugar in a can of Cola? I'm the healthiest eater I know, plus I do aerobics 5 times a week so I guess that aids my defences. Although carbs may not be the cause of acne in some, it can always aggravate one's condition so be sure to cut out junk-food.

rbtp, i couldnt really find the article, could u send a more direct link

You have to pay (or maybe you can register for free, I didn't bother to look) to read the articles. :roll: