Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Curious_Boy45

Very Knew, Wondering What Things Mean.

Hey everybody, I hope that this is the right subject to post under. I was hopeing that someone could explain to me what each of the following does and the difference between each, and what order to use them in.

Moisturizer?, Cleanser?, Astringent?, Toner? Masque?

Thank you very much for you time and apologies if this question has already been answered.

Curious_Boy

moisturizer is what you put onto your face if its dry or flaky to hydrate it. cleanser is what you use to wash your face with. toner helps even your skin tone and i dunno about the rest.

According to Wikipedia, examples of an astringent is calamine lotion and witch hazel. I have used both of these before to treat my acne. But Wikipedia also says, "Acne sufferers are often advised to avoid astringents, which are believed to aid in clogging pores." Has anyone heard of this because I haven't? Are these good or bad? confused.gif

Anyway, generally speaking, clay masks are used to draw out impurities and tighten pores. There are different clays and each one differs in drying power. Green clay is said to be most beneficial to oily skin in pulling out excess oils.

Do you know about exfoliants, scrubs, AHAs (ie lactic acid or glycolic acid), BHA or retinoids?

Hey everybody, I hope that this is the right subject to post under.  I was hopeing that someone could explain to me what each of the following does and the difference between each, and what order to use them in.

Moisturizer?, Cleanser?, Astringent?, Toner? Masque?

Thank you very much for you time and apologies if this question has already been answered.

Curious_Boy

The order olive leaf gave you is correct.

wash your face with water. then clease.

Tone (using something to spread it on your face with, like a cotton ball...without washing off)

then moisturizing.

Masks are for when you have time at home basically. Spread it on your face, leave on for the desired time or the time it says to leave it on, then rinse (or peel, depending on the mask) off.

hope it helps.