Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rach

aloevera = awesome

I decided that i would try aloe vera as a moisturizer since other lotions can be greasy and let me sayi got way more than i asked for. I have been applying fruit of the earth aloe vera after i take a shower in the morning and at night before bed and my red marks are almost gone.I do not have any active pimples just a couple of scabs from healing ones. the aloe vera has even helped close my pores and heal the scabs. It is amazing stuff!! =) u should try it!

Where can I find real aloe vera? Ive seen it in stores like CVS before but the ingredients were a whole bunch of things that I cant even pronounce along with aloe vera.Im assuming you guys use a pure form and Im just wondering if you can only buy it at a health food store or maybe I just overlooked it.

Thanks

You can get pure aloe vera at any department store. Just make sure that it says "PURE ALOE VERA" on it. I get Banana Boat brand at like Wal-Mart. I have to agree...this stuff works miracles.

How in the world are you guys able to avoid getting milia while using aloe vera gel???? I agree, aloe vera fades red marks really well, but I always get milia after using it, which just leads to more breakouts sad.gif

Ive been using aloe vera for a week.. no problems. I actually exfoliate before i apply.. so that helps. Thats kinda lyke saying.. pple using baking soda on their face everyday.. y dont they get milla? Same thing.. all depends on the person. But.. you you wanna avoid milla.. exfoliate.

Personally I prefer aloe vera concentrate (made from the gel inside the plant), you can add it to your moisturizer. Dap it on active pimples for an intense spot treatment.

to compliment the aloe vera gel on your face, also take aloe vera internally. GNC and Riteaid sells aloe vera gel capsules for 6-8 bucks. i just bought mine a couple days ago. Aloe vera is an anti inflamatory so no doubt it will help with inflamattion from the inside out.

i went to buy this product, but i have no idea what to look for. can someone be so kind and post a picture for me plz???

im going to go out and get some aloe vera tonight... i have a problem with neutrogena making my face very oily so i suppose it coudnt get much worse trying this stuff... thx for the tip! (hair gel? how does that work? i like to use a really stiff gel, think it would work for me? i try to be careful when applying but i'd love to use something less abrasive.)

..(hair gel? how does that work? i like to use a really stiff gel, think it would work for me? i try to be careful when applying but i'd love to use something less abrasive.)..

You know, this Aloe Vera thing used to be "sensational" some months ago (April or May). But as more and more ppl tried it (including myself) it seemed to break people out, mostly whiteheads.

Well, I'm sure it speeds up the healing process, but on the other hand it might clog pores and induce whiteheads (~milia).

So try it out for about two weeks and then decide whether you like it or not. It is also quite "drying", unike a moisturizer. It feels tight after you apply it, and within a few hours, your face will become oily again.

For me (and many other ppl), it did not turn out so well. (there is a long topic abt FOTE (Fruit Of The Earth) aloe vera gel ...)

I found a new way to use FOTE aloe vera gel. I mix it with two dissolved aspirins for a quick mask. Not as drying as aspirin mask alone and works great for active pimples and red marks. Uses for aloe vera is endless.

I haven't had much luck with 100% aloe vera gel at all. Been using it for a week now and the red marks (which number many) haven't faded a bit cry.gif

aloe vera helped my red marks to a certain extent. however it didnt get rid of them, and caused small new bumps after prolonged use.

hey i just got the thursday Plantation Aloe Vera Gel, (97.4% Oure)

It says its non-greasy, and i cant see non-comedegenic(sp?) so will it clog my pores? also, do you sleep in it? it says it a natural moisteriser, so could i put some on in the morning and then at night again?> after washin?

Please helo tongue.gif