Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im getting an injection into a cyst i have on monday. I forgot what the name was, it starts with a k and i hadnt heard of it. but i know of people who get injections and they work to reduce in the inflammation (thus reducing redness) any comments on this?

probably cortisone... I have cysts injected and have only had one derm scar me and that was near the side of my nose. It usually increases the healing time and gets rid of swelling and redness pretty quickly. I have had some cysts that have needed to be injected again, and sometimes the recur in the same spot. good luck!

I had one in the same spot almost a year ago but i never got it injected ( i didnt even realize that was an option till last week, why the hehl didnt anyone tell me??) oh well

Funny you say that. I had cystic acne and my stupid family doctor continued to try to treat it with just antibiotics. I even asked him if this is all he could do, should I see a derm. Only later did I learn of corisone. It will shrink a cyst in two days, with no scarring. If you let the cyst stay on your face, depending on the size, they will scar. I know mine did thanks to my brain dead family doctor.

I had one in the same spot almost a year ago but i never got it injected  ( i didnt even realize that was an option till last week, why the hehl didnt anyone tell me??) oh well

May not be pleasent, but a heck of a lot better than leaving the cyst on your face and developing a scar which will NEVER go away.

Good luck with the injection! smile.gif They're never pleasant..

oh man, i want one right now. i wish i had called earlier. still mad no one told me and this is the first time ive seen it brought up on the message boards. i guess i wasnt looking hard enough. what kinds of injections are there? i guess what i was told was a brand name, sounded like kertal or something. it must not make a difference. thanks for your feedback everyone

That's the way I feel. Why is it kept so quiet. I think maybe because it's mostly used to shrink large cysts, and usually only a derm does them. I guess not as many people get the larger cysts. Anyway it pisses me off I didn't know about them either until it was too late for me. My cysts stayed on my damn face for months.

oh man, i want one right now. i wish i had called earlier. still mad no one told me and this is the first time ive seen it brought up on the message boards. i guess i wasnt looking hard enough. what kinds of injections are there? i guess what i was told was a brand name, sounded like kertal or something. it must not make a difference. thanks for your feedback everyone

I think you mean decreases not increases the healing time. It will take a cyst down in two to three days. Without cortisone, two to three months if it is a large cyst.

probably cortisone... I have cysts injected and have only had one derm scar me and that was near the side of my nose.  It usually increases the healing time and gets rid of swelling and redness pretty quickly.  I have had some cysts that have needed to be injected again, and sometimes the recur in the same spot.  good luck!

Yeah, I rarely get them. this is only my second one i believe in my whole life but damn what a b-i-o-t-c-h. no exaggeration and pardon my language. if i raise my eyebrows you can see the pocket. Its the only thing giving me a problem and its put me into a panic. its so wierd.

LOL you say "biotch" In canada we say "Biatch!!"

Yeah, I rarely get them. this is only my second one i believe in my whole life but damn what a b-i-o-t-c-h. no exaggeration and pardon my language. if i raise my eyebrows you can see the pocket. Its the only thing giving me a problem and its put me into a panic. its so wierd.

hey im getting some shots too...but i dont know how much they cost yet. so anyone who has had shots how much did it cost you?

Guys, you have to extremely careful with the shots.

Do a search for cortisone on this board.

If too much is given, it can cause a large indentation the size of a thumb pint, which sometimes can remain permanent. That is why they are not widely used, they are very dangerous, they eat away the tissue along with the pimple.

Guys, you have to extremely careful with the shots.

Do a search for cortisone on this board.

If too much is given, it can cause a large indentation the size of a thumb pint, which sometimes can remain permanent. That is why they are not widely used, they are very dangerous, they eat away the tissue along with the pimple.