Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
evor

Alpha Hydroxy Acid

On the regimen program. there is the Alpha Hydroxy Acid lotion for spot treatment, so how would i use it with the regimen. After Moisturizing and on the pimple itself. any help would do

There is an AHA spot treatment, but there also is an AHA moisturiser which has some AHA. If you're just using the moisturiser with AHA, apply it like a normal moisturiser; after BP. If you're using the AHA spot treatment, apply it to the spot before you put on BP. I guess you could do both, the AHA spot treatment if more for active pimples and getting them to a head faster. The moisturiser with AHA is more for moisturising and getting rid of flakiness and red marks.

Thanks for the reply. I've been using Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion with my regimen. but want to treat some active pimples, would the AHA Enhanced Lotion be good for spot treatment. so i would follow the regimen but after i wash my face let it dry, then apply AHA Enhanced Lotion onto the active pimple itself, let it dry and then apply bp is this correct. Also is there another good spot treatment, i've been using proactiv advanced blemish treatment which has 10%bp but dont know if its to much cause im already using alot of 2.5% bp all over my face.

Yeah thats right, use the AHA spot treatment after you wash and let it dry but before application of BP. Heres the link to the AHA spot treatment Dan uses and its ratings. http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=234

As for the BP, use the %2.5, its as effective as the %10, but way less drying and irritating. Buy only %2.5 BP, and if you cant find it in stores or you can't buy Dan's BP online, get a %5 BP.