Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

theres exactly 7 days till I take my last pill of Accutane and i'm sooo not relieved...i'm scared as! Yea, I'm clear, which im stoked about but on sooo many boards on the net people say u know, it's all gonna come back, it's only a matter of time before u swell up and become a huge zit. My derm said the chances of my acne coming back was slim but i tend to believe the majority. I'm hoping [-o< that the board-posters were only trying not to raise hopes coz hell, acne sufferers arent usually optimistic about their condition...i know, ive tried eleventy billion treatments be4 accutane.

This is the thought I cling to though. Usually when people get clearer, they don't tend to post on these sites...I certainly haven't for a bit. So, isnt it fair to say that more often than not we're only hearing the problems, NOT the succeses.

I just gotta have some hope otherwise I'll be just as miserable without my acne as when i had it severely coz i'll be dreading every new spot. I know for sure my parents, and their parents and no one else in my family has ever had acne so I know its not genetic, does that make a difference?

I don't really know what im asking here :-k but any reply will do.

Thanx muchly guys. =D>

Sam :D/

hi i was also on accutane, and i must say since i took the last pill the acne started to come back a little. Like when i finished i was 98% clear, and now im like 96% clear, doesnt really make a difference.....but i dont hope it gets any worst.....

Marc

I got told by my derm that it cures approximately 80% of people, although having said that I had 2 courses of accutane only to have it return both times. Even if it does come back, it won't be as severe and should be easier to control (eg. by using Dan's Regimen). I have no idea how many people stay completely cure for life, but everyone is different anyway so don't base it on how other people have fared. I know 3 people who stayed completely clear after taking accutane and 1 person who didn't, so I guess it just depends on the individual. Hope you are one of the lucky ones.

You are right, anyone who stays clear probably isn't looking or posting on these boards anymore! So, stay optimistic, you may be in the majority and stay clear. good luck

Thanx lostly...optimisitc it is!

I just realised what the worst problem with accutane is. We take it for 5-7 long months where the changes are gradual at best so we forget what our skin used to look like. I found photos of my skin be4 accutane and it resembled a heavy rock climb. I guess i just gotta be grateful if at the end of this my skin is better than it was. I'm just hoping my 'after' pic will look like the one that came with my lil 'how to take accutane' manuel!

i was on accutane and was clear as a bell for 2 years then whammy. went on it again 2 years later acne again...so i tried a third...gave my body a rest for 3 onths and started taking vitamin a morning and night ( vit a can be toxic in high doses be careful) but i only get an occasional small breakout now. So my advice is if at first u dont succeed try try again.