Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
not2bad

List any over the counter treatments that have helped rednes

Anyone who has gotten good results from any over the counter medication which has helped to remove or diminish the red marks please post here.

I have been battling this problem for years myself, and did buy some Porcelana, I was skeptical since I read some things that are not so good, like having a chronic skin problem later on, but I think that is from using stronger solutions for many years, also I don't go out in the sun, it seems to be helping, but it is a slow process, also the other thing, I have been trying is this new stuff called kinerase, it is available without a prescrition, but very expensive, my plastic surgeon just gave me some samples to use since I just had a chemical peel around my eyes. from what I have read, it is supposed to get rid of redness in ones skin. it seems to be working so far, but I've only been using it about a week, it also is not supposed to make you break out.

Neutrogena clear pore multi vit moisturizer.

I have only been using it for 1 week and have already see a massive improvement.

Apple cider vinegar Or Honey is really good. I've tried them both and they work really well. Though the apple cider vinegar did give me tiny bumps atleast it helped with my red marks. I've stoped the vinegar for a while to get rid of the tiny bumps. it went away in 2 to 3 days and i've been used Honey and it has really done wonders to my red marks, it's amazing :)/ You could try one or the other of these not2bad. You could probably try both if you want :D

Hi,

Outside of prescription Hydroquinone (sp), the Neutrogena Multi-vitamin acne treatment works so well and I have not had any breakouts. Avon also makes a skin lightener that works well. The key is patience and sun protection. HTH!

*Misty :)/

Hi...I just had microdermabrasion done about 3 weeks ago....they won't even touch the areas that have red marks because the redness is a sign of infection and the skin trying to heal ....these marks are Not raised, just red and I have always thought they are scars...they have literally been there for years so I really wasn't buying what they were saying but at this point I am willing to try anything so I have followed their plan for my skin which only uses over the counter things, oil of olay cleanser with micro beads, witch hazel, neosporin cream and ointment....it's all on my post titled "helps with redness" it really has helped a lot...I never would have believed it but it has! :)/