Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone! biggrin.gif

I am a 16 year old, who lives within a neighbooring city of San Francisco, CA. I have been suffering from ance for 5 years now sad.gif ; and i dont know what i have been doing wrong. I have consulted doctor after doctor, and everything they have given me seems like it doesnt work. I was wondering if you great peoples can look at my acne pictures, see if you has something like mine, and then post what worked for you. The link to my online album is here.

I thank you all in advance for all your help.

Sincerely,

JM

I would suggest asking your doctor about using differin, and some other kind of medication because alot of time you really need to go at from more than one angle in order to succeed. If ALL else fails, and I mean all, there's accutane, but of course that is definitely last resort, and I am by no means telling you to go ask your doctor for accutane right away. Wait until you have for sure tried everything, prescription and not, and also get a second opinion from another dermatologist. Good luck!

im not sure if that would be classidied as severe.. i think its above moderate a bit but im not sure if its severe.. i have seen a lot worse.. i think severe would be a lot of big cysts on ur face.. those dont look too big

Hey guys and gals,

Thank you so much for your replies and advice. To "ballaballa", I wash my face twice a day; once in the morning and once at night. I at least spend 30 minutes washing it. Im kinda getting desparate to clearing this crud off my face. I got a new gf and u know..haha lol.gif

Anyway, I like to thank you who have replied, or just stopped by to look, for all your help. eusa_clap.gif

With very best wishes to all of you,

JM

Hey, I wanted to be sure you noticed the discussions about overwashing your face. Acne begins with clogging of the hair follicle, and skin irritation can have just as much to do with abnormal clogging as anything else. Use a good cleanser, like Cetaphil cleanser for normal to oily skin. Just apply a few squirts on your hand, and only rub on your wet face for a few moments, and rinse thoroughly.

I've found Differin can also cause irritation if not used properly--remember, apply it just once a day at night on a very dry face (it will react with water to cause irritation). Only apply a very thin film, rubbing it in until it dissapears. It sensitizes you to sunlight, so be careful.

Differin serves to disrupt non-inflammatory acne, but you also have considerable inflammation. Using 2.5% (neutragina on the spot) or 5% (at CVS) benzoyl peroxide applied during the morning will definitely help your inflammation. If you want, you can also apply benzoyl peroxide right after you apply differin--the two do not affect each other. Good luck.

its severe...but not that severe

i mean, you got like red pimples, which is gud cauz they'll pop up sooner or later....hey dont feel bad about it

my worse phase just passed, still i hav acne

btw im 16 too so i kno how u feel

just dont giv up

if you c your regime is not workin, try goin to a new derm wink.gif

Yea...as much as you think it helps, washing face twice will just make it worse. Cut it down to once a day without soap/cleanser. After about 2-3 days, your face should be ALOT more calm and the pimples will reduce. Remeber just ONCE a day with water for a couple days.

If you are in San Francisco, we at Biometrix are having a clinnical trial for people with acne. If you are in SF and you are interested, please send me an email at [email protected] and I will send you details. Check out our website, www.biomex.com

how long do you stay on each of the treatments? How consistantly do you use them?

I used to get impatient with treatments and I got sick of using them pretty quickly when I didn't see results pretty early on. I don't get much cystic acne though, if that's what that is, but I do get mild-moderate acne all over my body so that's a pain in the butt too.

NOOO on accutane.

My acne was like that at some point, but now I'm clear.

took me about 6-10 months to reach the "clear stage," but if you're wondering how I got it, go click the link on my sig, or find the thread called "A new light for all of us" by me around here in this forum.

good luck and have fun

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Photo-dynamic light therapy. All you really need.

Severe. I mean, it could be worse, but it's still severe.

Differin isn't the strongest topical you could be on; Retin A is more powerful, and a Retin A/oral antibiotic/topical antibiotic regimen would be more effective still.

You might need accutane.

You should ask Overthrow for more info about the light therapy, because most people on the board are not up on it.