Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a guy, aged 14 (turning 15 in january) and I've had acne for like....a couple months or so now (wtf?).

I get like...1 zit daily now, which goes away in about a day (I don't squeeze it unless I'm going out, even then I do it nicely)...but to me it's really ANNOYING.

So far, I've used:

Antibiotics (tetralysl or whatever) : worked NICELY for when I was using it, but then all of a sudden when I stopped it, zit mania again.

OXY CRAP : DIDN'T WORK AT ALL...WASTE OF TIME.

Differin : just started this today....I was really scared after reading the reviews on it (the way it makes it alot worse before better)...I put it on about 10 minutes ago...then flipped out and washed it off (I'll probably wake up with pizza face tomorrow morning sad.gif Oh well, if stupidity could fly...)

And daily (2 times aday) I cleanse with Clean & clear cleanser (whatever it's called)...

THIS SHIT IS PISSING ME OFF....I know it's not THAT bad (I've seen pictures of people from the galleries, NO OFFENSE)...I have MAX 3 zits on my face right now....but I can already see 2 more ripe ones for tomorrow morning.

Oh god...how long is this going to last sad.gif

Last resort is Dan's regimen, but it's very expensive if you want to continue doing it until you think you'll be clear without it...

sad.gif Even with mild acne this makes me depressed...

Meh. I'm a retard. I should be greatful I don't have cysts and all that crap, but I'm not.

I won't even go out on dates anymore because I'm so self concious -_-;

I'll get a picture tomorrow to update this thing or whatever.

It is normal to have a zit or two. No one never breaks out, especially at your age. It's most likely puberty. Don't stress it!

Enjoy your teenage years like you should be instead. Have fun! biggrin.gif

Yeah, I guess you're right.

I am being quite a pussy about it.

Plus, I went into puberty really early (I'm 6'0 already, and huge, hairy beast (lol)) so do you think this will go away soon?

It is difficult to tell when it would go away, but I won't be surprised if it would soon. And it's the odd zit you're getting, isn't it? I don't think you should worry if you're not scarring.

And I read "huge, hairy bReast" and I'm like ... until I realised my eyes were playing tricks again. lol.gif

I remember when I was like you, like a year ago. I used to look at the galleries and my acne was really mild in comparison. Now, a year later, it got alot worse and looked like some of the pictures in the gallery (if not worse). I'm now on the regimen though and I don't have much active acne anymore, just red spots (I do think i might have a few scars, can't really tell). I'd just advise you to get on the regimen now and not wait a year like I did, because it might get worse and leave scars.

I remember when I was like you, like a year ago.  I used to look at the galleries and my acne was really mild in comparison.  Now, a year later, it got alot worse and looked like some of the pictures in the gallery (if not worse).  I'm now on the regimen though and I don't have much active acne anymore, just red spots (I do think i might have a few scars, can't really tell).  I'd just advise you to get on the regimen now and not wait a year like I did, because it might get worse and leave scars.

Acne My Lover, im about your age, couple of acne also. from what i have been through in the last few month, i could tell u one thin: STOP using any acne products out there!!!

this is why, when you use BP gel or SA, or any other acne medication, it will kill 1 or 2 zit, but it will also kill a lot of skin cells on your face. and after a while, most of your face skin cells will die off. when that happens, u will be more defenseless against acne, and your skin will take more time to recover.

dont make this mistake, you will regret it. i use to have only 2 or 3 acne on my forhead before, so i started using BP gel. after a while, i noticed that i had more acne, and even my skin tone changed because the BP gel had killed off the pigment colors on my forehead. after 5 to 6 month, i noticed that my red marks took longer to disappare.

i stopped using any product for about 2 month now, only water and regular soap. my skin tone is going back to normal, only 5,6 zits now.

sry i wrote this much, but if you dont trust me, then u can try out some different medication and see the results for yourself.

Acne My Lover, let's get one thing straight: it's just the beginning of all misery, if you don't take proper action, it will get a lot worse.

I don't like Dan's Regimen at all, his BP gel is good for a single zit if it's not too deep under your skin, but for real underskin acne, it doesn't help in my experience (but maybe it does for you, who knows?).

If you like, check out the 2nd link in my signature, that's the way I stay clean (I get one zit a week on average). Please learn from the mistakes people like myself have made over the years.

There's not one single product that's going to clear you, except for Accutane, but that should be a last resort.

I just want to say here that the Regimen has worked very well for a lot of people (including me, and I had a lot more than a single zit). It's worth a try unless you have severe cystic acne, in which case Accutane is indicated. As for "killing skin cells on your face", huh? BP doesn't kill skin cells on your face, whatever that means. It can dry your face out and make it a bit red, and it makes you more sensitive to the sun, so you have to moisturize and use sunblock, but that's it.

To the original poster: I know that the regimen can seem expensive, but it's not that bad, especially if you don't break out that much and can get away with not using much BP. If you live in Canada, you can get SpectroJel which is a great cleanser (I like it much better than Cetaphil) and a big container lasts a few months (it costs like $12). You can also order BP gel from this site which is a much cheaper option than buying the Neutrogena stuff. If you want advice on this, feel free to pm me, I can answer any questions you have. And don't worry about the acne getting worse, it may very well not, and anyway it's better to start dealing with it early, as you have done - prevention is easier than cure!