Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shyone

Needling

We only did two very small areas.

If my skin tolerates this initial "test run" well, the plan is to do additional sessions every two weeks or so until all areas have been needled once. Repeat sessions to be considered after that.

I'm keeping a journal with notes and a list of every product I use. I will post it here in a few weeks - it will include before pics, day of needling pics, and weekly progress pics.

shyone

Good to hear you took the plunge. Are you planning to needle all surfaces or just the scars and does your needler have previous experience with scars? Good luck!

I am still waiting for my scab to fall off but it may still be a couple of days and this is my 6th day since the needling! Maybe the longer the scab stays on the better? Who knows. I am still contemplating what my approach will be once the scab falls off.

Colin

Good to hear you took the plunge.  Are you planning to needle all surfaces or just the scars and does your needler have previous experience with scars?  Good luck! 

I am still waiting for my scab to fall off but it may still be a couple of days and this is my 6th day since the needling!  Maybe the longer the scab stays on the better?  Who knows.  I am still contemplating what my approach will be once the scab falls off.

Colin

Hi Shyone,

I hope you're doing well. I have a bunch of house bound activities planned for next week--making my Christmas gift jelly, taking up carpeting in my bedroom, catching up on reading, to name a few.

I like your approach of a bit at a time. If Lilian weren't so far away, I would probably go your way. But I've made my decision to treat the whole face.

Colin: You say the scabs are still on at day 6. I know the scabs alone would keep me from wanting to go out in public. But how is the swelling? Is that decreasing at all? I guess I'm asking if you're feeling like your beginning to look like yourself at all yet. I have exactly one week after the procedure to recover. I may be able to extend the week by two days, but no more than two.

Carol

Carol,

I am unsure of your scarring but my large scar just fell off today (day 7). For me the swelling is not bad at all. After 5-7 days I imagine most all your scabs will be off and most any swelling subsides pretty much after 3-4 days.

You really don't look like yourself again until the scabs fall off. I really pretty much look like myself again.

Colin

Congratulations on being done with the scabbing, Colin. This was your second needling, wasn't it?

As for my scarring, most of it is shallow, and those that aren't, for the most part, can and often are covered by my hair. For an old girl, I have gorgeous hair. If the scabs don't come off quickly enough to accomodate the world, perhaps I'll dye my hair purple or something to draw attention away from the scabs. I hear the kids say Kool-Aid works and isn't permanent....

Armband a girl named Mare who I exchanged a lot of p.m.'s with said that her shallow scars were gone after 1 needling. She was very happy. I told her to come share with the board but I'm not sure she did.

Congratulations on being done with the scabbing, Colin.  This was your second needling, wasn't it?

As for my scarring, most of it is shallow, and those that aren't, for the most part, can and often are covered by my hair.  For an old girl, I have gorgeous hair.  If the scabs don't come off quickly enough to accomodate the world, perhaps I'll dye my hair purple or something to draw attention away from the scabs.  I hear the kids say Kool-Aid works and isn't permanent....

Ok here is a question about needling. My scars are from needles (electrolysis needles). They are all like tiny pricks, some that are larger b/c they are so close together. Since my scarring is from a needle, do you think something like this might be what I need to break up the scars even more? Just curious (like always!)

Armband a girl named Mare who I exchanged a lot of p.m.'s with said that her shallow scars were gone after 1 needling.  She was very happy.  I told her to come share with the board but I'm not sure she did.