Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Depression

How come some mirrors look good and some don't?

I just don't get it~!!!!!! Okay, so here's the story. I was at home, bored, my friend called and asked me if i wanted to go to the mall. I was like, "why not?" Then i got ready. There's this mirror in my room that i usually use, and when i see myself in it, i looked pretty good! But when i meet up with my friend at the mall, and we were walking around. All of a sudden i see this big ass mirror, i was about to avoid it but i thought to myself "heck, i looked good the last time i see the mirror." so i looked at it......and guess what?!! I looked like SHIT! Not my physical look but my FREAKING acne! They looked so bad and red.......I felt like shit the entire time at the mall. Then finally i couldn't take it and told my friend i had a stomach ache and that i needed to go home and take my medication, which is a lie.

I came home, and cried my ass out. I wanted to broke the mirror in my room because it was so damn inaccurate!!!!!!!!

CURSE TEH ACNE!!!!!!!

Lighting. Angling. Distance.

And I understand. I was b*tching about them a week or two ago.

EDIT: Yes, the superstition too. It's bad luck.

I know how that is with mirrors.. It's so frustrating..I find my skin looks real good in rooms with orange or yellow lighting! It seems like all the mirrors in my house look good. Maybe we're making something out of nothing. I had a little cousin to come over my house a couple of days ago. She looked at my face & said,you have acne don't you? I looked down & I said yeah.. She smiled & said, well don't worry, it's not that bad! I thought my skin was bad! But she assured me that I was still cute.. So with that in mind, we are our own worse critics.. Try not to make a big deal with what you saw today.It may not even be as bad as you made it out to be!

mine actually works out for the better ina way... my house mirrors make me look worse than wat i am... then i get to school and the mirrors in the toilets make me look great... it boosts my confidence massively... i love it!... biggrin.gif

Guest TylerD

It all has to do with the lighting. Some are florecent that is the absolute worse. Sometimes my face looks real clear. Then I go into shitty lighting and look at my self in the mirror and its like what the f**k happened.

It all has to do with the lighting. Some are florecent that is the absolute worse. Sometimes my face looks real clear. Then I go into shitty lighting and look at my self in the mirror and its like what the f**k happened.

I also think some mirrors make my makeup look so much worse. At home I'll apply my cover-up and it will look alright. Then I'll look at it in a different mirror and it will look cakey, uneven, and doesn't look like it matches my skin tone at all.

Guest Marino

To tell you the truth i like the bad mirrors, i know it sounds stupid but it tells it as it is.

If i want to improve my complexion it shows what i need to concentrate on [red marks, open pores ect].

To me the good mirors are false advertising, but good to get your confidence up.

My dream is to look as i do in the bright morning in my bathroom as i do in the cars rear view miror.

I hate that, you think you look good in some mirrors but then you check out another mirror and there goes your self esteem.

Wow, this always happen to me too.I only look presentable in front of the mirror in the bathroom.Whenever I go out and look in the mirror, whether it's a restroom mirror or some other mirror, I'm suprised how worse my skin looks.I know it's because of the lighting but I can't help but feel kind of bummed out.

Guest virgo

I hear you... my mirrors at home make my skin look great. But at school.. I dread going to the washroom.. because when I wash my hands there's a huge mirror right there, and that UGLY FLORESCENT LIGHTING!! It makes me feel like complete shit for the rest of the day.

Yes, this happens to me too! Before I go out I have to look in every mirror in the house from every angle and when I've decided I look ok I leave the house then I get to the shop or wherever and theres a mirror and my spots look really bad, so bad I freak out and go home to cry!!! Its awful I know, but you have to find ways of relaxing and dealing with it because its not gonna disapear overnight. But just remember other people arnt concentrating on you, they are more worried about themselves for example, if their bum looks big or their hair is a mess. Your just worried because your face is the first thing people see, but I bet they are thinking that your looking at their bad hair or something! eusa_wall.gif

post-28313-1125400852.gif

post-28313-1125400852.gif

Ye I know this scenerio.

Looking in one mirror or another can totally change the way I look, percieve myself and my confidence which in turn affects my whole personality.

I also have a fear of someone else seeing me look in a mirror. I just imagine they would think, damn what's that ugly bitch with bad skin doing looking in the mirror or whatever, so I avoid mirrors with my eyes unless Im alone.

When I do my make up I check it in loads of lights and mirrors, I know some of them it's gonna look shit, but if it looks the best it can in the shittest light then that's all I aim for.

I've been considering lighting, when I move I was considering getting lightbulbs that are slightly orangey or yellow tinted rather than white, also blackout blinds so when people stay over I don't turn into a monster in the morning as daylight floods in before I've had a chance to run to the bathroom and put my face on.

Guest charyan

embarassing scenario with me was when i used to wear foundation, in the mirror i used to do it in it looked fine, blended in perfectly, completely un noticeable, then i'd get to college and everyone was like "Dude are you wearing foundation?"

boy that wasnt good, cursed inaccurate mirrors, lol, cant they just make them all the same?

embarassing scenario with me was when i used to wear foundation, in the mirror i used to do it in it looked fine, blended in perfectly, completely un noticeable, then i'd get to college and everyone was like "Dude are you wearing foundation?"

boy that wasnt good, cursed inaccurate mirrors, lol, cant they just make them all the same?

I think it is best to apply your makeup with a mirror beside the windowsill or something, where the daylight comes in. Then usually you won't make too much of a mistake. However I marvel at some really bright indoor lighting which will reveal every disgusting detail of your skin (and other people's too, even those without acne).